Andre Villas-Boas appointed as Spurs Coach

luko1234

Reaction score
Your thoughts?

Who would you have picked instead or is he the right man?

What will he do/not do at Spurs?

Will he keep Modric?

:D Thanks

Last edited:
If he learns from his mistakes at Chelsea then there is no reason why he can't do a good job here. The time of football he wanted Chelsea to play didn't suit the players he had, but at Spurs i think there is already a core he can work with. Obviously i hope he fails but do i think he will??? No.

He should do well.

Bale already signed a four years contract.

I would think that Bale signing a new contract is a fairly good indication that he'll stay.

Very happy with the appointment.

Remember how BBC sports articles were being posted every 5 minutes with people commenting what a success AVB will be at Chelsea and how he arrived in much fanfare.

Three months later and this...

Personally think he will do a good job at Spurs as long as he discards the 'My way or the Highway' approach. Hopefully he learned a few things from his time at Chelsea and how he should deal with players

Think it's a good appointment.

He did make mistakes at Chelsea but I don't place all the blame on him though, I think some of it should go towards some of the senior players too.

He is a good manager, one duff job doesn't change that.

Good appointment, he will be at Spurs for quite some time! Quality is permanent, form is temporary..

I have always liked AVB and will support him wherever he goes, just like Jose!

Chelsea is a tough club to manage when taking over the squad and having as mentioned, the my way or highway, you first have to earn the respect of the players then implement certain aspects! He tried to pull a Jose from day one with an old guard/adopted team, recipe for disaster!

Will be interesting to see how HE performs in the Transfer Market, not having the Russian pulling strings...

Overall, good appointment and makes me even more excited for the season to get started!

Good appointment, he will be at Spurs for quite some time! Quality is permanent, form is temporary..

I have always liked AVB and will support him wherever he goes, just like Jose!

Chelsea is a tough club to manage when taking over the squad and having as mentioned, the my way or highway, you first have to earn the respect of the players then implement certain aspects! He tried to pull a Jose from day one with an old guard/adopted team, recipe for disaster!

Will be interesting to see how HE performs in the Transfer Market, not having the Russian pulling strings...

Overall, good appointment and makes me even more excited for the season to get started!

I may have misintepreted you but AVB had full control of the transfer dealings at Chelsea. Roman did not interfere there

I may have misintepreted you but AVB had full control of the transfer dealings at Chelsea. Roman did not interfere there

He didnt. Some of there were already pre thought. He will learn from his mistakes, and wont have as many people standing in his way either

NO ONE will ever have full control at Chelsea and I mean NO ONE while Roman is still there, I will bet my life on it!

Going to be an interesting Summer :) cant wait!

He didnt. Some of there were already pre thought. He will learn from his mistakes, and wont have as many people standing in his way either

Who were pre-thought? You can make a case for Lukaku although I doubt AVB did not want him. I agree that he will have as many people standing in his way thought but he needs to learn from his own mistakes

Who were pre-thought? You can make a case for Lukaku although I doubt AVB did not want him. I agree that he will have as many people standing in his way thought but he needs to learn from his own mistakes

Not a question of not wanting him, he didnt have a choice in the matter, not as if he had any power to renege the deal.

That's just a flat out lie. When Chelsea signed De Bruyne, AVB said it wasn't his signing but "club policy".

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Spurs move for Gylfi Sigurðsson before AVB was appointed?

Anyway, I think he'll do well at Spurs. The players are more suited to how he wanted to play and if he can get Moutinho as a replacement for Modric (if he goes), Spurs will be right up there challenging the top four.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Spurs move for Gylfi Sigurðsson before AVB was appointed?

Anyway, I think he'll do well at Spurs. The players are more suited to how he wanted to play and if he can get Moutinho as a replacement for Modric (if he goes), Spurs will be right up there challenging the top four.

They hadnt, had sort of agreed figures, but it had stalled as there was no manager.

I'll be worried about Spurs if AVB adapts to the team he has. Big mistake at CFC was playing the way he did at Porto with players that don't suit it, sign of a good manager is adapting and playing multiple ways.

I still think he's a class act but he was too naive at Chelsea and perhaps stubborn.

They hadnt, had sort of agreed figures, but it had stalled as there was no manager.

I didn't say signed him, just moved for him, which they did. They may have asked AVB if he approved when he was appointed but that's not the point.

I didn't say signed him, just moved for him, which they did. They may have asked AVB if he approved when he was appointed but that's not the point.

Partly is. The question would have then arose if he had been against the deal, would he have had the power to veto it. Not sure its merely coincidence that having stalled for a week, the deal is done less than 24 hours after he arrived.

Partly is. The question would have then arose if he had been against the deal, would he have had the power to veto it. Not sure its merely coincidence that having stalled for a week, the deal is done less than 24 hours after he arrived.

My point was that this isn't an AVB signing if the club had already made a move for a player before appointing a manager. It doesn't matter whether AVB said yes or no or just went along with it. People seem to just sweep that under the carpet. Not talking generally, was a response to Raikans post.

That's just a flat out lie. When Chelsea signed De Bruyne, AVB said it wasn't his signing but "club policy".

Your mistaken. Emelano and AVB's duties were divided. Emelano to concentrate on acquiring young prospects who were still raw but had potential to contribute to the first-team down the line in 4-5 years and AVB to get in players who could contribute immediately