Anlaby7Hull

Reaction score
Hi,
I haven't done a story in a while so here goes,after numerous restarts to tinker about with tactics and possible signings I decided to start properly as my hometown club Hull City.
1st season objective is to finish at least 15th which is a pretty easy target with the right signings.Then,after that to finish as high as possible as soon as possible.
----------------------------------------Overton New Hull Boss----------------------------------------------------
After a string of bad results and performances and the arrival of the new chairman,Hull boss Phil Brown has been sacked with a replacement being announced very shortly....Hull City chairman Adam Pearson has announced rookie manager Charlie Overton the new manager replacing Phil Brown.
"This really is a dream come true for me to sit here as the Hull boss,I will be looking to make this club a dominant force in 4-6 years".It is likely the supporters will be buoyed by his words and many are pleased to finally have a local born manager.
With plenty of area's for improvement in the Hull squad I will need to bring in some quality players,,nearing the end of pre-season here are my transfer's so far..
TRANSFER'S IN
Ebi Smolarek-£0-Not the best player but is a decent backup for Hesselink and Altidore..
Sol Campbell-£0-A good player despite his ageing years will definatley have a starting place..
Lauren-£0-Like Smolarek not the best but will provide excellent cover..
Per Skjelbred-£2.1M-A great signing with bags of potential and can already be a star player for me..
Vegard Forren-£1.4M-Another amazing signing for what seems like not much for someone who can only get better..
JOINING IN JANUARY
Landon Donovan-£0-A player of the highest calibre according to Brian Horton and he is definetley right
David Beckham-£0-Another fantastic signing on a free,this guy needs no introduction
MacBeth Sibaya-£0-A good defensive midfielder,will replace an ageing Boateng in midfield
Tore Reguinessen-£0-This guy is a solid defender who should rapidly improve my defence
Looking at those players,I will almost certainly be in the red with the wages come January but will be able to balance the books with some players sales.Geovanni is already unhappy and his contract runs out in the summer so will have to arrange deal before January to avoid him leaving on a free.
Coming up to first league game against Everton will post update when I have finished August,I hope you all follow:)

Last edited:
I'm following mate good luck& please check out my 'Boro story. P.S I got Donovan and Skjelbred as well.
BORO THREAD HERE.

Good luck mate. Sounds interesting.

You made 2 topics or my Laptop is idiot, /o\

My laptop must be thick as well then. :p

He made 2 topic no idea why ill tell him that one will close :p

August Results
Hull v Everton 1-0 --------------Cousin
Hull v Wigan 3-3--------------- Hesselink 2 ----OG
Hull v Spurs 3-4---------------- Hesselink------- Kilbane------- Smolarek
Hull v Crewe(LC) 3-0 ----------Altidore 2 -------Ghilas-----
August League Position-9th
A decent start to the season but was unlucky against Spurs as they scored a pen in the last minute.Sorry about the double thread but my internet went.Hope your all still following

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

SEPTEMBER RESULTS
Hull v West Ham 1-1------------Campbell
Hull v Sunderland 3-3---------Hunt-----Smolarek 2
Hull v Portsmouth 1-2---------Smolarek-----
Hull v Stoke(LC) 2-1----------Mendy---Ghilas
Another decent month but didn't pick up a league win.However we did play some great football against Sunderland and Stoke.September League Position-9th

Last edited:
Well done mate. 9th with Hull isn't bad. :D

lol thanks mate,a long way to go yet though.but with beckham and donovan etc coming in january we will finish in a respectable place,thanks for commenting as well,I thought they was only me

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:30 PM ----------

don't see much point in continuing if no-one is following