Anyone else using Match Day Information?

Micky Pain

Reaction score
Just out of boredom during a relatively boring match I opened a few more of those mat-day information windows one day.

I never really used them much , except the scores and league table during exciting season finales.

One thing that completely changed my managing was the Player Motivation window.

Never used it before, but now seeing how my players' morale is at any given point has completely changed my game, and my results.
I can see if "Player x" is playing with confidence, and then channel the attacks through him, see if "Player Y" is looking nervous, and maybe sub him out if he does not look up for the task and so much more.

Combined with the touchline instructions it completely changed my game dynamics, and it seems I ma playing a lot better and concede a lot less stupid goals late in the game since I started paying attention to it.

Haven't seen this feature pointed out anywhere on here before, so I thought I mention it for those who don't know about it, and maybe someone can add some more hidden gems in match day tactics that help.

I have never used it before, but sounds like it can help. Maybe that will help me as well, as I tend to concede a lot of goals minutes after I score myself.
Thanks for the advice.

I have been using it and I find I do better. It is really helpful for me and a good feature on FM. :)

The player motivation screen is misleading. A player can look "Motivated" and have an avg rating of 6.2. This does not necessarily mean he is going to improve his rating anytime soon, and maybe he simply needs to be subbed out asap, but the "Looks Fired up" gives you false hope :(

got a tip for u if a played is fired up and hes got over a 7 rating tell him ur pleased if someone is playing nervously tell them no pressure at half time most players with good heads will turn this around from nervous to fired up works very well but only with professional players youngsters dont really respond to this

I use it all the time now. It's a great feature and helps you to keep an eye out for important things all at once.

The player motivation screen is misleading. A player can look "Motivated" and have an avg rating of 6.2. This does not necessarily mean he is going to improve his rating anytime soon, and maybe he simply needs to be subbed out asap, but the "Looks Fired up" gives you false hope :(

I didn't mean take it as gospel, but it's a great indicator.

It helps me to fine-tune my team talk at halftime, see which player can handle the pressure and so much more.
Even better, seeing the motivation of the OPPOSITION has helped me turn around quite a few games. If the CBs look nervous, I use "get ball in the box" quite a lot, or send my players to mark tighter to force a mistake, even seeing the keeper loosing confidence or looking complacent helps if you set to "shoot on sight" and get a few screamers past them.

All in all, I find it a great tool to evaluate the general performance of my squad without having to watch the entire match in realtime.

As for the rating, I find that equally misleading. Many times I have players that have a 6.x rating that played really well, and others that played **** all game long but got a high rating because they got lucky and scored.

how do i see this motivation screen? for the life of me i cannot find it. been playint this game for years must be a new feature?