Anyone ever tried a "wing overload" tactic?

mccollio09

Reaction score
Ok, now obviously when you start thinking of formations like the one that is in my head right now then you just know FM12 needs to come out pretty quickly. I feel I have achieved all I can on FM11 now so I'm going to start experimenting...kinky.

Here's what I had in mind, wondering if anyone has tried something similar/ had any success with it?

GK
3 central defenders
Left winger in ML position
Left inside forward
Right winger in MR position
Right inside forward
MCL support
MCR ball winning mid
STC Complete forward/ Targetman

View attachment 196717

That's the rough outline, trying to think of a team to try it out with/ thoughts on if it will work.

There is some form of logic to the experiment, the modern fullback is extremely useful in FM as we all know, I'm going to be looking for my right and left wingers to overlap in the same way even further up the pitch hence 'overloading the wings'.

I'm also looking for the formation to be solid defensively in the middle, whilst hoping that the clear outnumbering on the sides will drag back any attacking threats from the opposition wingers who will have to come back to cover.

Thoughts welcome please.

Last edited:
zero seas fairyland v4 uses this formation, great attacking tactic, but does struggle against wide 433, or 442 diamonds

zero seas fairyland v4 uses this formation, great attacking tactic, but does struggle against wide 433, or 442 diamonds

Cheers buddy, just took a quick look, definitely attacking in the extreme there, I'll see how it goes