omni

Reaction score
On this screenshot, there are linesman flags, what are these used for?

Also, next to my players i have A, D, S i know what these stand for... but why sometimes are they above and next to my players? As you can see in the screenshot the letters are slightly to the right, what will this do? And how can i change it?

huhv.png

huhv.png

thanks

I think the linesmans flags signify that your players are playing a high defensive line and therefore trying to utilize the offside trap. Not sure though.

the A, S and D stand for.

Attacking, Stationary, Defensive.

I believe the Flags are an Offside Trap

He said he knew what A,S and D stand for and S isn't stationary it's support.

Hi all in my tactis screen the kits do not show it just shows numbers and player roles..

As anyone any ideas???

Thanks for your help, much appreciated :)

Also why are the letters not central? Why are they to the side of my players? Is it part of a tactic ?

I believe the letters just denote the "mentality" of that player, hence being attached to them. In the "create tactics" section you can assign - for instance how a midfielder - should play. For instance if you set a 451 im pretty sure all three defenders have a "support" mentality, seeing this on the screen then allows you to tailor each player to their strengths.

As an example in 442 you have assigned (i believe) as default a "defensive" and an "attacking" midfielder I changed them to have (in my team) a "ball winning midfielder" (Miles Addison) and a "Box to Box" player (Green) before I struggled to maintain attacks, after green got involved a lot more and has scored 14 goals for me.

The flags merely show the "offside line" ie where your team play their offside trap, if you play deeper the line moves back towards your own goal leaving less space for fast players to run into.

The downside of a deep defensive line if playing a "passing" game is that there is more space between defence midfield and attack giving more chance for the opposition to break up play (basically).