Argentina

• Thread starter Thread starter Marcelo21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3K

Marcelo21

Reaction score
I have been a River Plate supporter all my life so naturally I always play with them, they are a great challenge as they are in a horrible financial position and produce some of the best regens in the games as youth in real life (Higuain, Mascherano, Aimar, Saviola, Falcao, etc) I was wondering if anybody else has managed a team in Argentina? Cheers :)

No i havent but ive stolen some real class regens from river great choise

I have been a River Plate supporter all my life so naturally I always play with them, they are a great challenge as they are in a horrible financial position and produce some of the best regens in the games as youth in real life (Higuain, Mascherano, Aimar, Saviola, Falcao, etc) I was wondering if anybody else has managed a team in Argentina? Cheers :)

I routinely manage in Argentina, great league. I actually had a lovely save with River Plate in FM 2012!

I have managed many times with Boca and often try and prize away regens from River as they seem to always produce better than me ... I enjoy the argentinian league because of this.

I have managed many times with Boca and often try and prize away regens from River as they seem to always produce better than me ... I enjoy the argentinian league because of this.

Haha like in real life ;), ive tried the same but usually fail

I think the last time I managed in Argentina was FM 2005 (so quite a while ago), I swapped Barcelona for River for a short time and remember getting absolutely nowhere in the Copa Libertadores. I did manage the Argentine national team in my last save though.

Definitely tempted to start a save at some point in this years game, as I think the Copa Libertadores is an interesting competition in FM, a different challenge to the Champions League.

I'm managing Club Olimpo de Bahia Blanca at the moment. First season I managed them to 5th position in the second league. The second year we won the second league.

In the top division, there are 2 competitions per year, the Apertura and the Clausure. Despite the fact that I just promoted, I reached third place in the Aperura, en 7th in the Clausura. There are a million top talents just wanting to be picked up for free, so it's a heaven for the talentscouts among us. Lovely league.

Rive plate will be my next out of europe save i think, about time really, so many of the regens they provide are amazing. Could be interesting trying to keep them all though....

Started a save with Velez recently. Ridiculous amount of talent coming through already with Ferreyra, Peruzzi, Allione and Romero. Looking forward to getting stuck in with it, rarely manage outside of Europe.

As a side not, on my Manchester City save literally half my squad are Argentinian! Leandro Paredes is phenomenal.

Ya, I started out unemployed and applied to every job available.. Huracan was one of the few teams that offered me a spot, so I jumped. They don't have much talent coming through right now, but I am looking forward to developing a team based largely off their youth team. Huracan are super poor, so hopefully I can develop some kids and sell them on and put that money towards their youth and scouting systems because right now they're pretty much non-existant!

Argentina is seriously ****** up in FM13 and well neigh unplayable.

I started 3 different saves (NEWELLS, TIGRE. ARSENAL) and always come second season I couldnt go on. After winning all there was to win each time I was given no wages and no budget, I couldnt even renew contracts and ended up with tiny squads. Only save that was playable (barely) was ARSENAL who have a bigger squad than the others.

I mention all my frustrations in my thread MANUMAD's Box of Sweets for anybody who's interested.

Un compatriota, lástima que gallina ^^

Argentina is a very competitive and unpredictable league. You never know who will gain the title and who will be relegated. Furthermore, the regens are spectacular. I really recommend it to you my european fellas.

I did on FM12 when I attempted (And failed) the pentagon challenge! I won the Asian Champions league, moved to Chivas and won the CONCACAF one, then finished at Velez, where I won the Libertardores but got bored of the save :L (I couldn't get a move to Europe or Africa)

I love Argentinian regens! Just sold one to Bayern for £36M, 3 years after signing him for peanuts!

I usually play with Velez as they are my favourite team in Argentina. They have great players and are financially more stable than most other clubs. It's really interesting to replicate the success they are enjoying in real life at the moment

The first season at Huracan has been progressing well! Dec right now. After a slow start, back to back losses, and a few draws, we've been climbing the table! Right now we're in second nine points back.

Daniel Vega has been an absolute star! And considering our finances are so poor - he can manage our books. Hes a trained accountant!

Back