II GAV II

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have 19m to spend and need only to focus on central defence - I've got the rest of the team attacking really well with a couple of key signings like Gourcuff & Trezeguet :).

I want this centre back to have both accel & pace (the full backs already do obviously) as I see this as the only real weak spot in the squad. We won the champions league in the first (last) season (unbelievably! 3-2 against barcelona in final and fielded a third rate side due to injury!) and came 4th in the league (Chelsea ran away with it by 15 points) but were very close to Liverpool and ManU on goal difference, but way behind Chelsea.

As it happens our conceded goals was the second best in the league but that was still 18 goals more than Chelsea so to make a proper challenge for the title this season I need to really tighten up the defence.

SO this signing will need to be experienced as they will be straight in the first team and will be the key player at the back. The only options I've found are Zapata who is still pretty young considering point re: experience and Martin Demichelis who conversely is a bit old! I've found some possibilities but I really don't think they have enough pace & acceleration at 13-14; the minimum for these atts is 15 for what I want the player to do...

Can you guys recommend some new options as my searches now are just finding the same names of good centre backs but all of which don't have a lot of speed...

Many thanks

Gav

Mamhadou Sakho
Zapata
Luis Perea (Old or experienced, depends how you want to look at it)
Thiago Silva

Jake zoomed all my suggestions, I was going to say Silva or more to Arsenals policy - Sakho

I've looked at Sakho - is he fast?? Don't suppose you know his pace & accel attibrutes of the top of your heads by any chance?

Silva is a great shout actually - will I be able to get him for 19m??

---------- Post added 21/10/2011 at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 20/10/2011 at 02:25 PM ----------

Anyone else got any advice?

Found Naldo last night who looks like a **** of a player - anyone got any experience of him?

Naldo is really tall and really big and this year rather quick, he is not a bad shout!

Otamendi/Mario Fernandes/Bochetti/Astori are all good defenders as well :)

Thank you Raikan - Naldo definately looks like he could be legendary for my squad.

Also, thanks for the other two recommendations (Bochetti & Astori) as I haven't heard of them and to be honest they are very much what I am after.

i think you should change your username to 'Player Oracle'!!!

Cheers mate.

Bought Naldo - oh my god! He is legendary; 7 league games and we've conceded ZERO goals!

£15.75m mate - a bargain as he still has a good 3-4 seasons left in him.