Arsenal Guide (LFCMarshall Summer Update)

Joshhh

Reaction score
Arsenal Guide
by Joshhh & kf

arsenal-fc-logo.png

This guide will be according to LFCMarshall's summer update, where Cesc Fabregas has moved to Barcelona.

1) The Team

As everyone knows the current Arsenal team is a young, talented squad. Players such as Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey have all broke into the first team making a huge impact on the way. As we know Arsene Wenger prefers to bring through his young talents, depending on youth to win him trophies. In Football Manager however, this is a lot harder to implement. There are many ways Arsenal can be managed on this new update, you can carry on the Wenger traditions or make your mark on the club by spending big and satisfying the Arsenal faithful.

The current squad:

Goalkeepers
Wojciech Szczesny, Manuel Almunia, Lukasz Fabianski.

Defenders (Full Backs)
Bakary Sagna, Emmanuel Eboue, Carl Jenkinson, Armand Traore, Kieran Gibbs.

Defenders (Centre)
Thomas Vermaelen, Laurent Koscielny, Johan Djourou, Sebastian Squillaci, Ignasi Miquel.

Midfielders (Centre)
Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Song, Emmanuel Frimpong, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky, Henri Lansbury.

Midfielders (Attacking Wingers)
Theo Walcott, Gervinho, Samir Nasri, Andrey Arshavin, Ryo Miyaichi, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Strikers
Robin van Persie, Nicklas Bendtner, Marouane Chamakh, Carlos Vela, Joel Campbell.

As we know Arsene Wenger is reluctant to buy to replace those sold this summer such as Gael Clichy and their talisman, Cesc Fabregas. If this is how you would want to manage Arsenal, carrying on Wenger's ways, the side could look something like this:

View attachment 192066
Unchanged Side

This great tactic is available from mantralux.com, a dedicated site which specializes in making realistic, possession tactics for Arsenal. Mantralux FM | Football Manager Tutorials, Guides, Graphics and more

2) Realistic Transfers?

If you're going to go down the route of doing a realistic Arsenal save, some 'Wenger-style' signings are suggested here:

Leighton Baines - Everton (£13-£15m) - Leighton Baines offers a cheap(ish) solutions to Arsenal's left back problem following the departure of Gael Clichy to Manchester City. The England full back will cost around £13-£15m but will be worth every penny as he fits into the Arsenal style of play.

Rene Adler - Leverkusen (£17.5m) - If you, unlike Wenger don't have the utmost confidence in young Pole Wojciech Szczesny and fancy a bit more experience between the sticks, Rene Adler is a must buy. £17.5m is his release clause and he will be a dependable shot-stopper for years to come.

Juan Manuel Mata - Valencia (£26m-£29m) - Mata is a long term Arsenal target. He will provide quality on the left hand side meaning you can move Nasri into the 'Fabregas role'. At £26m he's not cheap, but worth every penny as he will link up play between the forwards and midfield, chipping in with a few goals along the way.

Eden Hazard - LOSC Lille (£18.5m) - Again he will do the same job as Mata for around £10m less, however you pay for what you get. Mata will provide more consistency and quality where as if may be touch and go with Hazard for a year or two whilst he matures.

3) Miscellaneous

Arsenal are famous for their youth, and it should be used. The Carling Cup is a great excuse to get your young guns out on show, and a good way for them to reach their potential. Players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carl Jenkinson, Emmanuel Frimpong and Ryo Miyaichi should be given game time in the early rounds of the Carling Cup, and depending on how adventurous you are, they may get a go against the bigger teams.

Be patient with Arsenal, they're not the most consistent side and they will take time to gel. Use players with more experience when giving your youngsters a go, experience is a key ingredient when mixing with youth.

Use the tutoring system to your advantage. Players like Oxlade-Chamberlain will benefit off a player of van Persie's calibre and quality where as a player like Carl Jenkinson will improve after working with Thomas Vermaelen/Laurent Koscielny.

Spend the money wisely. Don't waste it in overloading positions you already have quality in. A good back-up striker wouldn't go a miss but don't make the mistake of leaving a World-Class forward on the bench.... he won't be happy!

4) Training and Match Preparation

Before you start your managing career, your match preparation is at the top of your to-do list. The 4-2-3-1 providing by Mantralux, should be the only tactic needed as it will be the only one used. But be sure, if facing a hard team away, definitely drag your Wing Backs, back into the Full Back position, this will aid the defense and provide that little extra cover. The default training on FM2011 is pretty effective, but if you prefer, there are other alternatives on fm-base, such as, KevyMatts and Duncs.

We have made two editor data's which give Arsenal a little bit more room to maneuver in the transfer windows.

1) We have made a file which includes all LFCMarshall's previous changes but with Cesc Fabregas' whole £35m in transfer kitty, starting off with around:
  • Continental qualification through league finish - £67M / £1.1M p/w
  • Title challenge - £80M / £1.2M p/w
  • Winner - £87M / £1.2M p/w
These will most likely not be exactly the same as yours, but it definitely should be around the same.

Download via MediaFire - Fabregas Money.dbc

2) We have made a file which includes all LFCMarshall's previous changes but with Cesc Fabregas' whole £35m in transfer kitty. This editor data also includes Samir Nasri having a £26m move to Manchester City, this is also in the transfer budget. You should starting off with around:
  • Continental qualification through league finish - £87M / £1.1M p/w
  • Title challenge - £105M / £1.2M p/w
  • Winner - £114M / £1.2M p/w
These will most likely not be exactly the same as yours, but it definitely should be around the same.

Download via MediaFire - Fabregas & Nasri Money.dbc

Both these files must be added to archive once downloaded via WinRar. Once this is complete you must extract files to C:/ User/ ..../ SportsInteractive/ FootballManager2011/ editordata

If you choose to download these files, you must NOT have LFCMarshall's update included when chosen on start game, as these files will not be effective.

Thank you for reading.
I hope this makes your Arsenal experience's enjoyable as it was for us.

Thanks, Joshhh and kf.

kool. nice guide josh!!. might be usefull for fm 12 too iIMO, since im not using lfc marshalls update atm.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

can yaya sanogo be a back up striker for RVP ?. he is great in my current save, and excels the best of the best. :p

Cheers mate & yeah I suppose he could but I'd say don't expect fireworks from him, he's only young :p

nice guide but if you wanted to do an arsenal guide for 11-12 you maybe should have waited till FM12 came out?

yeah cheers mate, we could always update it for FM12 as I doubt it'll be that different, and there's still a few months of FM11 left :)

Cheers mate & yeah I suppose he could but I'd say don't expect fireworks from him, he's only young :p

yeah, but given time, he will be a beast.

---------- Post added 18/08/2011 at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was 17/08/2011 at 11:08 AM ----------

Q? should i got for both Hazard and Mata, or just one of them.

Hazard is fantastic, booked a place in the TOTY in his first season at Newcastle on loan in my save. Mata is also very good but I've never bought him only played against him

Juan Mata is a great player, £26m is a bit steep though.

If I were you I'd go for Hazard having had experience with him, good luck

i choose hazard. bidding 22m. mata was 25m, but his wage damands are too high, and might make me broke.

How long should I give the team to adjust to new signings? I've completely rehauled the defense with Samba, Cahil and Baines and their not very impressive at the minute. I also reccommend Jadson as a realistic replacement for Fabregas and Lloris as a new keeper.

Give it time mate.Make sure you're using match prep aswell

3 new defendes will take time to get so think about that :)