Hi knap. Do you think it can be tweaked to work with a wide width setting? Getting a little tired of all the narrow tactics this year, but really love the enganche role. Cheers.

Read this the other day on narrow width

Second example: Effectiveness of the tackles is related to the ... playing width. The wider we play the fewer the tackles and this does not change even if we have our team playing aggressively, or individual players tackling harder. These result in the increased number of fouls, but the number of effective tackles does not change.
Conclusion: when you give the initiative to the rival and play defensively, play narrow

Read this the other day on narrow width

Second example: Effectiveness of the tackles is related to the ... playing width. The wider we play the fewer the tackles and this does not change even if we have our team playing aggressively, or individual players tackling harder. These result in the increased number of fouls, but the number of effective tackles does not change.
Conclusion: when you give the initiative to the rival and play defensively, play narrow

That was also my experience. Been tweaking a lot with my own Widetargetkillsityetagain and whenever I change the width the defense struggles but my offense gets more lethal when I play wider. I settled on fairly narrow and sometimes balanced.
Think I'm gonna try this next week when I have more time to play again.

Looks great! going to give this a whirl with my leeds save, what match prep and match training would you recommend?

For the AI they can attack wide in brief spells, playing defensive at other times. This is likely to cause a distortion in ME which perhaps goes partly to explain the performance of tactics when having high reputation. Also why tactics end up as std or counter to shore up defence.

TommiHelm set out a good guide in last few posts on GOODBYE 3430 thread.

So far so good, great attacking.

Is it normal for the front two strikers to swap positions?

My AF & DLF seems to be swapping positions?

Edit* scrap that, seems to be fine

Excellent tactic

Last edited:
goodbye 4231 narrow is even better imho

Could you give me a link to download 4-2-3-1 narrow please?

has anyone else tried this ? would like to see some more result posts if any about ?