CJ-EFC

Reaction score
I'm Everton just ended my first season ended up 8th!
Aston Villa were relagated and offered all the big clubs their best players
they offered Ashley Young to me for £10.5M
they said they were interested in James Vaughan so i offered a Straight swap and they Accepted! haha.

This a Good piece of business or does Aston Villa Know something i dont about James Vaughan

he wasnt even playing First Team Football for i signed pavel progbenyak
for only £6m

So any insight into the ashley Young deal please let me know.

i also sold Lescott and Yakubu for £20M Each!

James Vaughan has a lot of potential, so now you need to sign another striker, to put it bluntly. Bojan will be released by Barcelona, so offer him £30k+ a week and he should be yours. Otherwise, have a look at someone like Keirrison, to play off Pogrebnyak, he's very quick, and an immense finisher. If you can get him for £10 million, you've done well. (I signed him for £11 million, but I didn't look at his realease clause, so it's possible that I could've got him cheaper!)

try and get agbonlahor aswell, his stats dont look great but he scores a lot of goals if you use his pace to your advantage. i personally dont think james vaughan turns into that greater player (at least he didnt on my file). progbenyak is a good striker. wigan signed him on mine and he always scored against me! your swap with young and vaughan is a really good deal imo, they usually want about 32million for him.

i agree that you really need to buy a few strikers as you have sold the only 2 strikers at everton :p Id also recommend Chad Evans from man city, he becomes a a great, powerful striker. id also say get aguero. activate his minimum fee release clause it is a lot of money but its worth it imo.

GL with your everton

p.s. how the **** did vila get relegated in the first season haha

Last edited:
Not bad. Vaughan will help them in the Championship though, he's got a lot of potential and you could've kept him.
Young is okay though, Fabio Capello has kept picking him in all the England squads and he's doing quite well, in my game at least...

Thanks for the comments guys! Agbonlahor they offered him to me for £6.5M i said yes offered him a very good contract yet he went to Sunderland! :S Who finished 10th
Gareth Barry also they wanted £7.5M So i said yes gave him like £80,000 a week yet of course he went on to Chelsea and doesnt Start!
Is Barry any good?

Don't fret too much. Gabby isn't actually that great. And Chelsea seem to have a knack of keeping players happy even though they don't play... Barry? I don't rate him highly, but that's down to you.

Wouldn't attempt to try to sign him though, if he's just gone there. Chances are they'll reject your bid 'cuz he just joined...

Yeah i tried to loan him but like the transfer rules wouldn't allow it!
thats chelsea for you more money than sense!

young is a good player on FM09 for teams like everton if you got him in a swap deal you done good kidda

Lucky you i tried to sign A.Young and Villa is negotiating for around £37.5million