bfcbub

Reaction score
I have won back to back promotions with Grimsby Town firstly through the play offs and then as league 2 champions.
All is going well in my 3rd season as i sit sixth in the table in mid November BUT my team (Barnsley) that i have supported all my life have come knocking for my services. They are languishing in the lower half of league one but do have very healthy finances. They are set as my favourite team on the game.

If your real life team comes knocking would you stick or twist?

picture1oda.png

picture3fw.png

picture4qj.png

I would reject. Barnsley are a higher standard team but you are just one league away and can be much better than them cant you? ;)

4mil with a league one team?! Wow thats hard to turn down :/ and only 11 points off playoffs and not even long into the season, a tough one. Go with WonderManager and flip a coin.

Go to Barnsley and live the dream!

4 million in League 1 is literally insane.

Massive development at Blundell Park, I stayed at Grimsby mainly due to the players i had brought in and the league position I occupied.
Three weeks later and a Hungarian tycoon called Istvan Simon with his general
manager Barnabas Hygei have invested over £25 million pounds into the club, never happened to me before and i now have a war chest of £17 million pounds to spend. I have spent less than £80,000 in three seasons so this should be fun.

Been off FM for a week as ive been away hence the late reply.

If I got a job offer from my club Everton, as much as it would kill me, I would stay loyal to club I created until the end of my contract, and see what happens then. I've left a club before, before the end of a contract, and spent quite a while unemployed.

My sole aim on the game is to get the Huddersfield job on merit... however I've rejected it in the past due to my desire to 'finish the job I've started' at the club I was at..

I set myself targets; if I meet the target then I'm 'open to offers', if not then I'll stay put (unless I'm at risk of the sack ;) )

To stay was the correct decision, Three promotions on the trot although i have to admit it wouldn't have been on the cards had The Hungarians not invested £25 million pounds.
From January when they arrived I became a lot more solid side and eventually went up via the play-offs after falling out of the top two on the last day of the season.
Signed Adam Le Fondre for £500k from Rotherham and the man himself scored the winner in extra time against Rotherham in the final.
Few pics of the season below:

finalleaguetableleague1.png

finalsquadleagueone.png

transfersleagueone.png

playofffinal.png

Keep up the good work mate, keep us all posted on your Championship adventure :D

Half way through championship season

So Im halfway through my first Championship campaign with the mighty Grimsby and thanks to the new Hungarian owners I've had a massive transfer kitty to spend.
After being promoted last year I had a decision to make, Do i offer the current playing staff new deals and hope that with just a few additions they can once again step up to play at a higher standard or do i redevelop the squad and spend my new found wealth on a host of players capable of challenging at this level.
I opted for the latter and spent a cool £16 million pounds on no fewer than eight players. I decided that I needed a complete squad capable of competing week in week out. I know it will take time for the players to gel but with the board only wanting me to 'battle bravely against relegation' i figured i have the time to build a team ready to challenge next season.
Saying all that i had a marvelous start to life in the championship winning 6 of my first 8 games and after claiming a manager of the month award I was sat top of the league. Unfortunately this didn't last and we slowly started to slip down the table, one word describes the results since that opening spell and that word is inconsistent.
The players who did stay on after last years promotion aren't making the cut like i thought they would, Cristian Tiboni scored 37 goals in league one but is finding the championship maybe one step too far and his strike partner Rudy Gestede is really struggling.
Below are some pics of my season so far, im aiming for a top 12 finish and then hopefully push on next season.

champsquad.png

champtabledec.png

champtransfers.png

champfixturesdec1.png

champresultsdec2.png

Hah, Le Fondre scored against his old club.

Good work. Good to see your not struggling for points in the bottom three.

How are Barnsley doing? Are they still dwelling in the second-flight?

Save it, take the job, save it in another name, have a look around barnsley see if you like it, delete if need be.

simple

Barnsley are eighth in league one and who knows maybe one day ill go manage there, glad i stayed now as ive never had a millionaire buy a club im at before. Quite a few of my team want to leave to play for a bigger club so its upsetting morale a bit at the moment, going to try move them on in the jan transfer window.

its not cheating at all... your then just playing two separate games, you can continue both if you life

or chose one, it just makes the choice easier because you can get a feel for the club you potentially would be going to

from my experience it is the best thing to do, 9 times out of 10 i end up deleting the new team and carrying on anyway, but at least you made a decision based on detail of how much you think you would enjoy it