Take the player now? Or at end of contract?

Now or later

• Sign him now for ?500

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Sign him on a pre-contract

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kiltedlad

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering for some advice/opinions..

I am currently playing in the January transfer window of 2017 as Aberdeen. Not done much so far - made it to the first knockout round of Europa a couple of times.

Found a promising youngster at Bayern Munich who wants to join. My scouts tell me is a striker who has 2.5* ability and 4* potential.

With 2.5* he is not fit for my first team at present. He has five months left on his £500 p/w contract and Bayern have an asking price of £325 for him! He is worth £625,000.

My thoughts are that Bayern have top training facilities, and mine are adequate. Should I sign him on the pre-contract, and leave him at Bayern for these five months to up his ability? Is that how it works?

Get him now. First team action and your training will improve him faster than sitting on the sidelines at Bayern.

Even though he wouldn't be getting first team action at me this season either?

play him in some cup games and Europa fixtures against weaker opponents and he'll develop steadily, remember to tutor.. he'll probably be 3 stars at the end of the season or at the beginning of the new one

Sign him up, stick 'em in the reserves and play him sporadically - cup games, unimportant league games and European games, perhaps, when you have won the first leg comfortably, even on a substitute helps.

If he's a youngster then if you sign him on a pre-contract you might have to pay compensation anyway (unless the rules are different for German kids). So another reason to sign him now.