AussieOchoa

Reaction score
Total Football Tactic Attempt v1

My Attempt at re-creating Total Football into FM11 brought me to play as Ajax, obviously. This tactic has brought me brilliant results, only 2 losses, both in Champions League, one to Man Utd and one to Lyon. A heavy 4-1 loss to Man Utd at home brought me to change my tactic for when I went to OT, basically changed my starting strategy to Counter, and used the shouts, Retain Possession, Stay on Feet and Work Ball Into Box. This variant brought me a hard earned 1-1 draw in my best defensive performance of the season. Even though Man Utd had 23 shots, 15 of those were long shots and off target, with 3 blocked shots as well, whereas my ratio of 6 shots, 1 on target and 1 scored was much better.

Stats

Eredivisie

15 Games - 12 wins - 3 draws - 0 losses - 50 goals - 10 conceded

Total

28 Games - 19 wins - 7 draws - 2 losses - 82 goals - 23 conceded

Thats a ratio of 2.9 goals a game to 0.8 conceded

My main player has been Luis Suarez who has scored 40 goals in 28 games in all competitions. El Hamdaoui has also chipped in with 11 goals and 7 assists.

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend
RB - Wing Back - Support
RCB - Central Defender - Defend
LCB - Central Defender - Defend
LB - Wing Back - Support
RM - Winger - Support
CM - Central Midfielder - Support
LM - Winger - Support
AM - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
STCR - Poacher - Attack
STCL - Trequartista - Attack

The Poacher will be your main source of goals, but they will be, mostly, scrappy or one on ones, don't expect many screamers. The Trequartista will be the playmaker, assist the poacher with many through balls, so must have a relatively high passing stat. The Advanced Playmaker is actually NOT a playmaker, he sits just in behind the Trequartista and looks for long shots and wide balls. The wingers will get forward, and even sometimes cut into the box, but will leave space for the wing backs to overlap. The Central Midfielder will act as almost an Essien type role, will get forward, but will mainly act as a defensive midfielder, but can still finish off many shots. The two Central Defenders will look to control the team, if nothings on, it will come back and start again to open up space. It is a very attacking tactic, so you have to expect that if you are a lower team, it can bite you in the ***.

View attachment 112762View attachment 112764View attachment 112765View attachment 112766View attachment 112767View attachment 112768

View attachment 112769

I'm not saying this is an amazing tactic, it's just worked for me, so hopefully it can work for you. Please come back with suggestions to improve the tactic :)

I must say I've never seen this formation being used but seems an interesting concept. Might download in a few days and try it out, looks good.

I'm Just about to kick off the 2nd season of my Everton save, so I've downloaded & will give your tactic a go :)

It'll take a little while to blend, make sure your match prep is on team blending
for a little bit. Who's your poacher btw?

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Testing this now with Middlesbrough :)

match prep is on team blend , my poacher is humberto suazo

Using this for my Ajax side :D will post results in the next few days. (H)

Ill try this 2nd half of 3rd season with Spurs, not having a good time of it and need a little help..