Barcelona are disgraceful

Who do you think dive more: Real or Barca (try to be non-biased)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Paul*

Reaction score
I don't mean to slag off Barca, I like them as much as anyone, but the worst sight in football for me is diving.

In last night's game, Real's players went straight up after them went down and didn't surround the referee (Alonso, Ronaldo both went straight up after being fouled) whereas Pedro and Busquet's dives were so blatant and Dani Alves was the worst culprit of all. He went off on a stretcher, not lying down with an injured leg/head, but sat up fine. He comes back on the pitch after a couple of minutes and - surprise, surprise - he's fine.

I partially agree with Mourinho's comments that Barca get away with fouls and pressure the referee into giving a card against the opposition (did Arbeloa get booked, I think he did, not sure). I don't think it happens all the time though, although you wouldn't get away with this sort of diving and play acting in other leagues, such as the Serie A.

Even Mascherano dives now, he didn't use to for us (Liverpool) but hey, that's Barca for you. I'm not sure if Barcelona do this every game, just know they did it loads against Real in the Champions League. So, what do you think?

Don't get me wrong, Barcelona are the best team I have ever seen but the diving just ruins their games sometimes.

Rant over! :p

Thanks,
*Paul*

Last edited:
I agree. It's hard to enjoy watching them because every few seconds someone is rolling around the floor. Dani Alves is such a ****** baby. Drives me insane. Its the only downside of watching foreign football.

This is Brilliant!
Pedro; what a cheat. that is all that can be said about him, rolling around, doing anything he can to gain an advantage. I can recall at one point he had a shot and ended up on the floor and in the heist to get back marcelo attempted to jump over him, if at all any contact was made it was minimal and Pedro was rolling around like he had been shot. Unbelievable.

Pepe did nothing worse than a yellow card. I won't blame the ref, after all he see's it once and once only. But Barca harassed him and Alves if i remember correctly was the "victim" again was acting as if he was getting his leg amputated.

Arbeloa did get booked and it was Pedro's fault. According to the ref running towards a player and the player not getting out of the way is a foul. Well that's what happen end, surprise, surprise pedro hit the deck like he ran into a brick wall... Absolutely ridiculous! Meant Arbeloa basically couldn't function properly for the rest of the game, for fear of getting sent off.

Uefa, Fifa..SORT IT OUT. The game is becoming a laughing stock. Players deserve proper punishment for CHEATING, 4,5,6 match bans and within weeks no one would dive. GET ON IT!

I completely agree with this after watching them against Madrid, I think alot of teams players throw themselves to the ground like they've been hit by a lazer beem from mars for no reason but Barca went over the top in my opinion againsr Madrid. Why do they do it? They are by far the best team in the world currently if not ever, they have a genius player in their team, they have a manager who just knows what it takes to make them tick so why do they feel the need to dive and effectively cheat? crazy .

Lets be fair, Real Madrid did their fair share of diving and surrounding the referee though barcelona were a bit worse and more successful with it. Plus Marcelo seemed to cynically stamp on pedro's leg, i reckon he knew what he was doing.
All round it was a poor advert for football, messi's magic apart.

Is this thread really necessary ? I mean really ?

Lets be fair, Real Madrid did their fair share of diving and surrounding the referee though barcelona were a bit worse and more successful with it. Plus Marcelo seemed to cynically stamp on pedro's leg, i reckon he knew what he was doing.

No. No. No. Marcelo was sprinting back, he tried to jump, he couldn't do much else to avoid him..

was this not talked about in the match thread?

I didn't think it was Marcelo's fault, I thought he just stepped away and sort of tripped over Pedro's leg. I agree Madrid did dive a bit, but nowhere near as much as Barcelona. But that's just my opinion, it's debatable.

Is this thread really necessary ? I mean really ?
Why wouldn't it be necessary?

They are both as bad as each other IMO. Football is becoming harder and harder to watch for me. At least most players in the bottom 12 of the PL dont dive and roll around diving(as much). but i cant watch the bigger teams play from anywhere atm.

I still feel 3 match bans are a must to stop it

They're all at it. Biscuits, Pedro, Dani 'glass ankles' Alves, Di Maria. The worst of the lot are Diego Capel and Milos Krasic. Total *** busters!

But Mourinho can't complain. When you kick people for 90 mins you're inevitably going to get red cards

Last edited:
They're all at it. Biscuits, Pedro, Dani 'glass ankles' Alves, Di Maria. The worst of the lot are Diego Capel and Milan Krasnic. Total *** busters!

But Mourinho can't complain. When you kick people for 90 mins you're inevitably going to get red cards
Agreed. Di Maria was quite a diver, not as bad as Alves, but he kept encouraging the crowd to pressure the ref (if that makes sense) by waving his arms up. The red card was not deserved, but if you employ a very aggressive tactic like that you deserve to get booked/sent off. Haven't watched Krasnic (do you mean Krasic) and Capel. If it is Krasic, he plays for Fiorentina, right?

Am I the only one who feels diving is a part of the game and is just as much a part of the game as slightly late tackles?

In my opinion the way to stop diving and players surrounding the ref is very simple, follow rugbys approach. Have only the captains of both teams allowed to talk to the ref any other players who do get a yellow card. I'd also introduce a sin bin like in rugby where players can go for 10 mins. Should players surround the ref after being booked maybe rather then another yellow card and ultimately a red card why not allow the ref to march the ball 10 feet up the pitch? for example can you imagen what Fergie would say if one of his players after being booked still continued to talk to the ref and man utd got the ball marched further towards their goal? i dare say he wouldnt be happy and would tell his player to shut the **** up

I agree. It's hard to enjoy watching them because every few seconds someone is rolling around the floor. Dani Alves is such a ****** baby. Drives me insane. Its the only downside of watching foreign football.
i realise you love English football...but is it really necessary to brand "foreign football" to be like this all the time just because one match turned out to be bad..After all it was the Drogbas and the C.Ronaldos (during his time at United) who made this art so famous...

It really ruined the game for me to be honest. To see Barca players rolling on the floor in agony clutching their faces when they'd not even been hit. They are the best footballing team in the world, they don't even need to do it. It needs to be stopped so football can continue as a proper game not a non-contact sport.

In my opinion the way to stop diving and players surrounding the ref is very simple, follow rugbys approach. Have only the captains of both teams allowed to talk to the ref any other players who do get a yellow card. I'd also introduce a sin bin like in rugby where players can go for 10 mins. Should players surround the ref after being booked maybe rather then another yellow card and ultimately a red card why not allow the ref to march the ball 10 feet up the pitch? for example can you imagen what Fergie would say if one of his players after being booked still continued to talk to the ref and man utd got the ball marched further towards their goal? i dare say he wouldnt be happy and would tell his player to shut the **** up
I see where you're coming from, but Football will never copy rugby's rules, to be honest. It would be effective, but it will never happen, not by the FA, not by FIFA, not by UEFA.

Agreed. Di Maria was quite a diver, not as bad as Alves, but he kept encouraging the crowd to pressure the ref (if that makes sense) by waving his arms up. The red card was not deserved, but if you employ a very aggressive tactic like that you deserve to get booked/sent off. Haven't watched Krasnic (do you mean Krasic) and Capel. If it is Krasic, he plays for Fiorentina, right?

Sorry Milos Krasic of Juventus. Even his own fans moan when he dives with half of them telling him to get up!! A total conman and an excurciating *** toy-related death would be quite fitting for that particular muppet

and by the way...messi just waltzes past 3 players..all of whom can tackle the **** out of him easily if they were playing their usual tactic..but they all know it would end up being a red card &/or a penalty even if the tackle was fair..and then that becomes a "great" goal for everyone..that was really frustrating to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.