weechuen

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time out to view my thread, I ain't really a tactic genius, but I love Barcelona, so I've been trying to find a tactics that suit their playing method.

I do think this one came quite close ( from observing the full game )

and best of all, it produces great results.

Some of you might be lamenting that "of course it produces results, you are using Barcelona"

thats the reason why I am posting this tactics up so that you people can try it on other teams.

Please do take the team to read the whole post (although it might be long), as you need to know what you are working with in order to make it work for your team.

So here it goes, I would post some SCREENSHOTS before explaining my tactics and tell you the requirements.

Click to Enlarge
View attachment 115157

View attachment 115163

View attachment 115164

View attachment 115165

View attachment 115166

View attachment 115167

View attachment 115168

View attachment 115169

View attachment 115170

View attachment 115171

View attachment 115172

View attachment 115173

View attachment 115174

You can see that this tactic focuses on controlling the game, dominating possession and relies on passes between midfield and backline, before attempting to probe through opponent frontline.

Now, let me explain the roles that is needed for this tactic to work.

Required Attributes

GoalKeeper: Normal Goalkeeper (Defending), your average stats goalkeeper shall do.

WB: Requires Dribbling, Passing, Crossing, Pace, Teamwork, Stamina, Acceleration

DC: Requires High Marking, Tackling, Pace, Composure, Determination, WorkRate

DMC: Requires Anticipation, Positioning, Tackling, Marking, Stamina, Jumping, Heading

MC: Requires Passing, Creativity, Technique, TeamWork, Decision, FirstTouch, Anticipation

AMC: Requires Balance, Pace, Agility, Passing, Dribbling, Finishing, Composure, Creativity, Technique, OffTheBall

ST: Requires High Pace, Acceleration, Stamina, Finishing, Composure ( IMPT ), First Touch, Passing, Technique, Dribbling, Agility, OffTheBall, Anticipation, Teamwork, Decisions.

Red = Important

Normal Tactics

First of all, your WB would be the carriers, where your team would push forwards while the WB would carrier the ball past the midfield and play it around to your midfields, hence they require good passing and dribbling. In addition, they would be running from midfields back to defense all the times, hence you would need wither someone with good stamina or a backup.

Secondly, your DMC would be the one that enables you to gain back possession and retain it in your own half. He would be the one winning headers from opponent goalkicks, marking opponents' creative midfields, and snuffling out passes. While playing some short passes between your half as your midfielders get in place for the pass, before releasing the ball to your midfield for the attack. His requirement to chase down the ball and tackle, while marking the opponents' AMC requires him to have High WorkRate, Determination and Marking+Tackling

Thirdly, your DC would be your 2nd line of defense where they would mainly linger around the back, allowing the DCL to be a ball playing defender who would pass around with the midfield or DMC. To prevent counterattacks, they would require fast pace, acceleration and Workrate.

Fourth, your MC and AMC would be the heart of your WHOLE TEAM movement as the team formation changes accordingly to their position, they carry the ball forward, allowing it to remain in the midfield, before either " attempting a through pass for your pacy ST " or probe it around with short passes and gaining towards the goal through one-twos

Lastly, your ST would be the ones that normally break offside traps following your MC through pass, or following up the one-twos to go up for the goal.

Counter AttackTactics
MC/DMC/AMC gets ball and does a pump or through pass to your ST who is waiting infront, so Dribbling, Composure( 1-1 Situation ), Pace(Outrun DC), Acceleration(Break Offside Trap), and Finishing is important. Furthermore, if your ST possess the Ability to ROUND or LOB keepers, this would almost be a 80% sure score situation.

Preferred Moves
All: One-twos
DC: Marks opponent tightly
WB/MC: Looking for pass rather than shoot + Run down their respective sides often + Hug Lines + Switch Ball to other flank
MC/AMC: Tries killer ball often, runs with ball often, dwells on ball, dictate tempo
DMC; Marks opponent tightly, play short simple passes
ST: Rounds Keeper, Lob Keeper, Likes ball played to feet, places shot, like to beat offside trap

Epilogue
This might be a Plug and Go tactic for Barcelona, but I do advise you to read the processes I have given you and tweak some minor modifications on a new team.
Do note that please train your match preparation to ALL FLUID to ensure that they are able to utilise this tactic.

Also, Please do post your results from using my tactics, and give me CONSTRUCTIVE comments.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?26ahja1aaajwvsl

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Last edited:
I'll give it a try when i got the players suitable for this tactic.
By the way, how much did you buy Totti and Bale for?

looks pretty good,
but don't try and call it a Barcelona tactic purely because you're winning games comfortably.
you need the majority of possession every game, create many chances, and Xavi needs more passes than Mascherano..

holy @#$%, 81 goals in 19 games. that's 4 each game, **** u can count on me to try it out

don't know if u have the same player setting than me but i use the same defensive line than u with my tactic and 2dc 2wb and 1 dmc and it's very solid .

Looks impressive.
Do you need the 27 friendlies in pre-season to make it work?

hello
great result;)) but in real world barcelona doesn't use this formation. barca play 4-5-1 - 4 defenders, 1 DM, 2 CM, 2 wingers, 1 ST :)))

cheers

i think the tactic is good but i also think is fake i mean first of all Barcelona has a low transfer budget and Bale is one of the most expansive players in the game can't buy him for less than 50 millions and 2nd Totti will never leave AS Roma regardless of the offer and i also saw you got Montolivo there which also is not a cheap player.All in all you used edit tool which can mean that you also worked on players attributes for them to play almost perfect again i could be wrong about this but i think i'm right just think about it

If I ever decide to start with barcelona, Im pretty sure that, almost every possible tactic is going to work for them... but nice effort... try tactic with some weaker team type Zaragoza or Espanyol, just to make sure it works well :D... good luck :D

the proof that in your team Totti is just ST and in the game is AM/ST and this implies he has been edited also he scores in almost every match for you with an average rating above 8 i mean c'mon he is 33 and he never played for anyone than roma now he comes to barca and plays like a god?please

i think the tactic is good but i also think is fake i mean first of all Barcelona has a low transfer budget and Bale is one of the most expansive players in the game can't buy him for less than 50 million
I've gotten Bale for less than 30mil a couple of times, although last time I ended up shelling out a little under 35mil.

I've gotten Bale for less than 30mil a couple of times, although last time I ended up shelling out a little under 35mil.

Still, he has obviously edited players. Totti is AM (C), ST. In this guys game he's only ST. If he edited one player, he has probably edited more to make all this work.

which role can MESSI get more goal when he is pretending amc
adv playmaker? Inside Foward? Trequartista?

but when I set Messi as a Trequartista , heis prefering passing more than shoting