• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

Reaction score
real-madrid-badge.gif
V
FC-Barcelona-Club-Crest-100x100.png

The Spanish giants face off again, this time in the Champions League Semi-Final.

Real have the momentum having beaten their great rivals 1-0 to win the Spanish equivalent of the FA Cup, the Copa del Rey, last week.

The win also came only four days after the sides drew 1-1 at the Bernabeu in La Liga, halting a run of five consecutive wins for the Catalan side.

It also gave Jose Mourinho, who is looking to become the first man to coach three different teams to the Champions League title, his first trophy at Real.

The Spanish sides are joint top scorers in the Champions League with 24 goals apiece, but their previous two meetings have been cautious affairs with Mourinho packing his midfield and employing more aggressive tactics.

However, the nine-times winners of European football's most sought-after trophy have had a man sent off in each of their last three games against Barca.

Team News

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta will miss Wednesday's Champions League semi-final first leg against Real Madrid because of a calf strain.

Skipper Carles Puyol is fit after a muscle strain and fellow defender Gabriel Milito also plays but but full-back Maxwell (groin) misses out.

Real also have defensive issues, with centre-back Ricardo Carvalho suspended.

Injured midfielder Sami Khedira is set to be replaced by Lassana Diarra for the third El Clasico in 12 days.

Line Ups

Real Madrid

Casillas
Arbeloa Ramos Albiol Marcelo
Diarra Pepe Alonso
Ozil Di Maria
Ronaldo

Barcelona

Valdes
Alves Pique Busquets Puyol
Keita Macherano
Xavi
Messi Pedro
Villa​

Expecting too much there Sam lad..

Real Madrid 1/0-0 Barcelona, going to be overly boring, but you can't not watch an El Classico.

Expecting too much there Sam lad..

Real Madrid 1/0-0 Barcelona, going to be overly boring, but you can't not watch an El Classico.

Maybe I'm a bit optimistic but I'll stick with it, hate to cheat ;)

As much as I think Jose is a great manager, I expect Barca to win 1-0 tonight. But it will be feisty and pretty dam close

Xavi goes for a smashing volley from 35 yards, but hits it straight at Casillas.

Straight up the other end, Ronaldo gets the ball 30 yards out and smashes it along the floor straight at Valdes.

Love how Ronaldo got so frustrated after the defenders passed the ball around him XD

Barcelona can't do anything but pass it between their back 5 (defenders and Biscuits).

Real look content to just sit there and let them do it. Ronaldo getting frustrated that nobody was pressing with him though.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Pepe is showing every single defender in the world how to man mark a player. You stick to him like glue, and if you get booked for trying to stay with them, so be it.

What a legend.

This game is not at all like a champions league semi finals. Modern day El Classicos are overrated as ****, and haven't seen a decent game for 3 years. Biggest game in the world? No thanks, give my Premier league football any day of the week..

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Fight, fight fight..

Jose's smile says a lot.. He is so used to this now..

Lol Pedro.. What a diving cheating scum..

This is horrible football.
Park, Valencia, Giggs, Rooney and Hernandez would terrorize either team.

What a bore fest this is. And if anyone wants an advert for diving look at these 2 teams. Oh and constantly surrounding the ref at every opportunity whats all that about!

Mourinho's comments the other day were brilliant...

"We'll practice hard in training on how to play with 10 men, because it's the same story every time I play vs Barcelona."

Status
Not open for further replies.