Beşiktaş J.K. - The Road to European Glory

ScyllaJoe

Reaction score
Beşiktaş J.K.

View attachment 369639

I've been reading through some of the stories that other members have posted and it's inspired me to do one myself. After much deliberation I decided to go with the Turkish side, Beşiktaş. I feel as though they have the potential to be a big success, not just in the Turkish game but also in Europe's biggest competition, the UEFA Champions League.

With Samet Aybaba deciding to step down at the end of last season, the Beşiktaş board decided to appoint club legend and former Turkey international, Yusuf Ağaoğlu as their new manager. Chairman Fikret Orman said that he was delighted that Yusuf had taken control of the club and hoped that this would lead to a bright new era for the club.

View attachment 369643

Season Expectations

This season's expectations are that the club qualify for the UEFA Europa League through participation in the Süper Lig, this means that a top 5 place in the league is required to meet the expectations for the coming season, the club is also expected to reach the semi-final of the Türkiye Kupası.

Finances

In terms of finance, Beşiktaş find themselves with very little in terms of transfer funds available to them, the club also has £87,500,000 debt hanging over their heads, this may prove to be tricky in terms of balancing the books at the end of each month.

View attachment 369651

Facilities

Overall, the facilities that Beşiktaş have at their disposal aren't bad, they come with a 32,086 all-seater stadium as well as top training facilities. Over time I hope that the board will invest in the youth facilities in order to help young players progress from the youth team, in to the senior squad.

View attachment 369657

I'll post more updates as I go, hopefully this can turn in to a long and entertaining save :)

Interested to see how you do speciallly with the only getting 25% of transfer revenue, looks like bosmans will be key, KIU

Pre-Season

The first pre-season with Beşiktaş saw a mixed performance in terms of results, but I guess pre-season is all about getting match fit for the season ahead....

We had some good performances, the first two games against Anderlecht and Sparta Praha were mainly used to have a look at the squad, this included playing a number of young players that I'll be giving an opportunity to, over the course of the season.

View attachment 369696

Transfers

After scouring the globe for talent, I decided against making any major changes to the squad and concentrate on the development of some good, bright young talent that Beşiktaş currently have.

Due to the lack of funds, I only made one signing during the first transfer window, it was a player that would add some much needed depth to my squad, Daniel Carvalho. I feel that
the Brazilian international will give us a bit of flair as well as someone to turn to if we're struggling to open a team up.

In terms of players leaving, Atınç Nukan, Erkan Kaş and Ersan Adem Gülüm were loaned out to get some first team football, as well as decreasing the wage bill. Emre Özkan and Hasan Türk were deemed surplus to requirements and they were sold by the club.

There will now be no business of any kind for the remainder of this transfer window, unless an absolute gem appears.

First Team Squad

I was relatively pleased with the squad that I had, Beşiktaş have some top players such as Manuel Fernandes, Mamadou Niang and Hugo Almeida. I'm sure it'll change over the first few games but my team for the first game against Gençlerbirliği is....

View attachment 369725

Key Players

View attachment 369710
Manuel Fernandes has some great attributes to be a brilliant Deep Lying Playmaker

View attachment 369713
Mamadou Niang should be one of my key men, as I'm playing only one up front, he'll be playing on the left

View attachment 369715
Hugo Almeida will be the focal point of the attack, he scored 11 goals last season, hopefully a few more this season

Updates to follow after a few games :)

End of August

Pretty good start to the season, after 2 games we have 4 points, beating Fenerbahçe was the obvious highlight.

Sunday 19th August: Gençlerbirliği 2-2 Beşiktaş
(Björn Vleminckx(20), Sergey Politevich(84); Roberto Hilbert(55), Dentinho(70))

Friday 24th August: Beşiktaş 1-0 Fenerbahçe
(Olcay Şahan(84))

View attachment 369767

Player of the Month - August

Robert Hilbert was voted player of the month by the fans after 2 very impressive performance where the right back scored and had an assist, with an average rating of 7.65

View attachment 369773

End of September

Another good month where we won 2 and drew 2, picking up 8 points from a possible 12. The defence is also starting to gel with one another with 3 clean sheets in a row, the only blemish in the goals against column was in the game against Galatasaray.

Saturday 1st September: Gaziantepspor 0-2 Beşiktaş
(Roberto Hilbert(18), Mamadou Niang(24))

Friday 14th September: Beşiktaş 1-0 İstanbul BBSK
(Tomáš Sivok(24))

Saturday 22nd September: Karabükspor 0-0 Beşiktaş

Friday 28th September: Beşiktaş 2-2 Galatasaray
(Dentinho(73), İbrahim Toraman(81); Emmanuel Eboué(8), Wesley Sneijder(43))

View attachment 369781

Player of the Month - September

September's player of the month as voted for by the fans has been given to Tomáš Sivok who scored one goal and had an average rating of 7.83 in the 3 games he played in the month of September.

Allan McGregor suffered a hip injury in the game against Gaziantepspor, he was ruled out for around 3 months. This was obviously a huge blow for the team, but stand in keeper Cenk Gönen has proved that he is a more than capable understudy.

Mamadou Niang suffered a gash leg and was ruled out for 10 days.

More updates to follow :)

End of October

A very frustrating month, 3 games and 3 draws despite having the better of the play in all of them, the most frustrating of the 3 was the game at home against Trabzonspor where we were 2-1 up with 5 minutes left and threw away the lead. I'm debating tinkeringwith my tactics as we have now drawn 6 of our 9 games (winning the other 3), quite annoying to say the least!

Friday 5th October: Eskişehirspor 0-0
Beşiktaş

Saturday 20th October:
Beşiktaş 2-2 Trabzonspor
(Hugo Almeida(33), Dentinho(67); Olcan Adın(48), Marc Janko(85))

Friday 26th October: Kayserispor 1-1 Beşiktaş
(Ceyhun Gülselam(31);İbrahim Toraman(33))

View attachment 369910

Player of the Month - October

İbrahim Toraman has been awarded the player of the month award for August, he put in 2 man of the match performances and also scored 1 goal in the 3 games he played. Overall he had an average rating of 7.6 per game.

View attachment 369911

End of November

The month of November saw the team lose our first game at the hands of Bursaspor, it was a hard one to take as we had a lot of chances in the game but couldn't find a way through in the 2nd half. Overall though, it was a very good month where we picked up 9 points from 4 games, we also scored plenty in that time, a total of 10.

Saturday 3rd November: Beşiktaş 3-0 Elazığspor
(Hugo Almeida(33), Dentinho(37), Daniel Carvalho(72))

Sunday 11th November: Bursaspor 4-3 Beşiktaş
(Tuncay Şanlı, Sebastián Pinto(14), Niklas Hult(29), Ferhat Kiraz(39); Muhammed Demirci(2,27), Tomáš Sivok(45+1))

Monday 19th November: Beşiktaş 2-0 Orduspor
(Roberto Hilbert(13), Hugo Almeida(30))

Sunday 25th November: Antalyaspor 1-2 Beşiktaş
(Promise Isaac(45+1); Mamadou Niang(46), Muhammed Demirci(48)

View attachment 369941

Player of the Month - November

Muhammed Demirci has been handed the player of the month award for November, the 17 year old midfielder put in some fantastic performance and scored 3 goals, including the winning goal against Antalyaspor. Manager Yusuf Ağaoğlu stated that he thought Demirci had the potential to be a "world class player" and that he will be getting more game time as a result of his recent performances.

View attachment 369942

Halfway Stage of the Season

Halfway Through the Season

The verdict after 17 league games, is so far so good. We find ourselves in 3rd place with 36 points, just 3 points off 2nd place, which would be enough to qualify for the UEFA Champions League. The month of December was fantastic for Beşiktaş, winning all 4 league games, as well as the 2 cup games that the team played, those 6 games extended the overall winning record to 8 games. Looking forward I feel that the aim has to be qualification for the Champions League, this will help to improve the clubs finances no end, which have continued to decline over the last few months, meaning that I would have to sell one of my prize assets if I wanted to bring in any players to improve the squad.

Sunday 2nd December: Beşiktaş 2-0 Sivasspor
(Olcay Şahan(5),Veli Kavlak(43))

Friday 7th December: Mersin İY 1-3 Beşiktaş
(
Wissem Ben Yahia(8); Gökhan Süzen(11), Oğuzhan Özyakup(70), Veli Kavlak(74))

Tuesday 11th December: Nazilli Bld 1-3 Beşiktaş - (Cup)
(Hüseyin Akoglu(55); Daniel Carvalho(16), Veli Kavlak(43), Mamadou Niang(88))

Friday 14th December: Beşiktaş 2-1 Kasımpaşa
(Filip Holosko(78), Mamadou Niang(83); Kalu Uche(10))

Wednesday 19th December: Beşiktaş 2-0 Çaykur Rizespor - (Cup)
(Roberto Hilbert(51), Manuel Fernandes(72))

Sunday 23rd December:Akhisar Bld 0-1 Beşiktaş
(Hugo Almeida(61))

View attachment 370000

Türkiye Kupası

We've made it to the group stage of the competition and are now just one stage away from the Semi-Final, that is the overall aim for this season in the Türkiye Kupası, the group I was drawn with wasn't easy, but I'm confident we can make it through....

View attachment 370002

The Season so Far

All in all, pretty good results, only a couple that I'm disappointed with...

View attachment 370005

More updates to follow :)

what tactics would you change to? i kinda like the juve line up style of 3-1-4-2 but if your defence is leaking goals it might not be the best