bennymc2007

Reaction score
UPDATE: Fixed the problem on v12.2.2 which had been ******** up player faces! (Download link below)

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9d3lu

Hello! This is the Man United Challenge, 10 teams from the illustrious history of Manchester United Football Club pitted against one another in a unique competition based in the British Virgin Islands.

This project began in FM10 with only 9 teams, but has steadily improved since then, and now features a Cup competition (the 10 league teams plus the 'real' Man Utd) and end of season awards.

If you're a Man United fan, you've probably wondered, "which side is the greatest in the club's history?" You've probably got an idea of who you think would receive that honour, whether it's the Busby Babes or Fergie's Fledglings, so I invite you to try this database and see for yourself who really is the greatest, and if you can beat the other great sides of our club's great history.

A lot of these players have long since died, and since we can never truly pit them against each other in real life, but at least we can use FM as a medium to give us some sort of idea of how these sides might have faced up against each other.

Here are the teams:

1. 1909 Manchester United.
Ernest Mangnall lead his team of local lads and Scottish imports to United's first league title in 1907-08, and an FA Cup the following season. This is what the team looked like at the end of the 1908-09 season.

1909club.jpg

1909snr.jpg

2. 1948 Manchester United.
Only 3 years after taking charge of the club, Matt Busby lead United to an FA Cup win against Stanley Matthews' Blackpool. Johnny Carey leads the ageing squad, but a youthful dawn is on the horizon. This is the club at the end of the 1947-48 season.

1948club.jpg

1948snr.jpg

3. 1957 Manchester United.
This is the famous "Busby Babes", the culmination of a generation of work from Matt Busby and his right hand man, Jimmy Murphy. The back-to-back league winners are present at the end of the 1956-57 season.

1957club.jpg

1957snr.jpg

4. 1968 Manchester United.
The last of Busby's great sides, and the first United side to win the European Cup. Best, Law and Charlton are the club's iconic names at the end of the 1967-68 season.

1968club.jpg

1968snr.jpg

5. 1977 Manchester United.
Known for their propensity to attack, Tommy Docherty's management reinvigorated the club after a post-Busby decline in the early 1970's. This is the side that won the FA Cup to deny Liverpool a historic Treble. The squad is that of the 1976-77 season.

1977club.jpg

1977snr.jpg

6. 1985 Manchester United.
Despite failing to win the league, Ron Atkinson's United have carved out a niche as a cup winning club. 2 FA Cup wins in 3 years, thanks, in no small part, to a young Mark Hughes and Bryan Robson in his prime, show that the 1985 side can be a force to be reckoned with. This is the club at the end of the 1984-85 season.

1985club.jpg

1985snr.jpg

7. 1994 Manchester United.
This is the first of Alex Ferguson's great sides. A blend of youth and continental experience has seen Fergie's Fledglings propelled into the big time following a first Premier League and FA Cup double win for the club. The club is shown at the end of the 1993-94 season.

1994club.jpg

1994snr.jpg

8. 1999 Manchester United.
This side was the first in England to complete a Premier League, FA Cup and European Cup Treble. We all know who they are, but I just like writing it... Treble. This is the 1998-99 season.

1999club.jpg

1999snr.jpg

9. 2003 Manchester United.
Despite being something of a 'barren' period in terms of trophy hauls, this side is regarded as one of the club's better teams in terms of the talent it had at its disposal. The club is shown at the end of the 2002-03 season.

2003club.jpg

2003snr.jpg

10. 2008 Manchester United.
Ferguson's latest great side, this is the 2008 European and league double winners and they are at the end of the 2007-08 season.

2008club.jpg

2008snr.jpg

--------------------------

I've put a lot of work into this, researching alone took over 2 months, but I'm a stickler for accuracy and I tried hard to re-create the teams, players and staff as accurately as possible. It's not perfect, I'm human, so if you see a glaring error, or anything out of place or something that you think needs changing (however small), then let me know and I'll fix it.

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9d3lu

NOTE: if you're still using FM2011, here's the link to last year's database: Man Utd database - FM2011 Downloads Forum - Neoseeker Forums

Last edited:
Looks good. Teams are class, great seeing all those names again. Not having a go but can i ask why all the values are so low, ronaldo
is only 8.5 million and rooney are 6million?

Looks good. Teams are class, great seeing all those names again. Not having a go but can i ask why all the values are so low, ronaldo
is only 8.5 million and rooney are 6million?

Hey, cheers for replying :)

Values are low in part because I left the reputation at the default (i.e. 0), as I didn't want to faff around with that. I also think being in the British Virgin Islands might be part of it, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't think it detracts from the game too much, though :)

Suppose if everyone is equal it makes no difference. Ill have a go at this, not now becuse my gf is making me watch big fat gypsy
christmas i wont let me on the pc :(

UPDATE: Version 2 is now ready to download, see links below (this version includes transfer embargoes and agents to help stop movement of players in and out of the 10 clubs)

Download link: Download United Challenge.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Mirror: United Challenge.zip | Game Front

Hello! This is the Man United Challenge, 10 teams from the illustrious history of Manchester United Football Club pitted against one another in a unique competition based in the British Virgin Islands.

This project began in FM10 with only 9 teams, but has steadily improved since then, and now features a Cup competition (the 10 league teams plus the 'real' Man Utd) and end of season awards.

If you're a Man United fan, you've probably wondered, "which side is the greatest in the club's history?" You've probably got an idea of who you think would receive that honour, whether it's the Busby Babes or Fergie's Fledglings, so I invite you to try this database and see for yourself who really is the greatest, and if you can beat the other great sides of our club's great history.

A lot of these players have long since died, and since we can never truly pit them against each other in real life, but at least we can use FM as a medium to give us some sort of idea of how these sides might have faced up against each other.

Here are the teams:

1. 1909 Manchester United.
Ernest Mangnall lead his team of local lads and Scottish imports to United's first league title in 1907-08, and an FA Cup the following season. This is what the team looked like at the end of the 1908-09 season.

1909club.jpg

1909snr.jpg

2. 1948 Manchester United.
Only 3 years after taking charge of the club, Matt Busby lead United to an FA Cup win against Stanley Matthews' Blackpool. Johnny Carey leads the ageing squad, but a youthful dawn is on the horizon. This is the club at the end of the 1947-48 season.

1948club.jpg

1948snr.jpg

3. 1957 Manchester United.
This is the famous "Busby Babes", the culmination of a generation of work from Matt Busby and his right hand man, Jimmy Murphy. The back-to-back league winners are present at the end of the 1956-57 season.

1957club.jpg

1957snr.jpg

4. 1968 Manchester United.
The last of Busby's great sides, and the first United side to win the European Cup. Best, Law and Charlton are the club's iconic names at the end of the 1967-68 season.

1968club.jpg

1968snr.jpg

5. 1977 Manchester United.
Known for their propensity to attack, Tommy Docherty's management reinvigorated the club after a post-Busby decline in the early 1970's. This is the side that won the FA Cup to deny Liverpool a historic Treble. The squad is that of the 1976-77 season.

1977club.jpg

1977snr.jpg

6. 1985 Manchester United.
Despite failing to win the league, Ron Atkinson's United have carved out a niche as a cup winning club. 2 FA Cup wins in 3 years, thanks, in no small part, to a young Mark Hughes and Bryan Robson in his prime, show that the 1985 side can be a force to be reckoned with. This is the club at the end of the 1984-85 season.

1985club.jpg

1985snr.jpg

7. 1994 Manchester United.
This is the first of Alex Ferguson's great sides. A blend of youth and continental experience has seen Fergie's Fledglings propelled into the big time following a first Premier League and FA Cup double win for the club. The club is shown at the end of the 1993-94 season.

1994club.jpg

1994snr.jpg

8. 1999 Manchester United.
This side was the first in England to complete a Premier League, FA Cup and European Cup Treble. We all know who they are, but I just like writing it... Treble. This is the 1998-99 season.

1999club.jpg

1999snr.jpg

9. 2003 Manchester United.
Despite being something of a 'barren' period in terms of trophy hauls, this side is regarded as one of the club's better teams in terms of the talent it had at its disposal. The club is shown at the end of the 2002-03 season.

2003club.jpg

2003snr.jpg

10. 2008 Manchester United.
Ferguson's latest great side, this is the 2008 European and league double winners and they are at the end of the 2007-08 season.

2008club.jpg

2008snr.jpg

--------------------------

I've put a lot of work into this, researching alone took over 2 months, but I'm a stickler for accuracy and I tried hard to re-create the teams, players and staff as accurately as possible. It's not perfect, I'm human, so if you see a glaring error, or anything out of place or something that you think needs changing (however small), then let me know and I'll fix it.

Download link: Download United Challenge.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Mirror: United Challenge.zip | Game Front

NOTE: if you're still using FM2011, here's the link to last year's database: Man Utd database - FM2011 Downloads Forum - Neoseeker Forums

holy **** man those kits looks amazing same with the logos well ****** done mate ;)

Holy ****, amazing! Must of taken ages, great idea and it looks really well done!

Could you upload a few screen shots of players? I'm curious to see how you have done their attributes!

A few varied scrrenshots like Beckham, Best, Duncan Edwards etc would be good ;)

Amazing work! Definitely going to try this at some point. Think I'll be going for '94 too. Schmeichel and Cantona. Beastily!

Holy ****, amazing! Must of taken ages, great idea and it looks really well done!

Could you upload a few screen shots of players? I'm curious to see how you have done their attributes!

A few varied scrrenshots like Beckham, Best, Duncan Edwards etc would be good ;)

It took a few months, but hey, it was worth it. Of course I can upload some screenshots:

Becks '99: View attachment 210328

Best: View attachment 210329

Edwards:View attachment 210331

and some extras....

Cantona: View attachment 210330

Robson: View attachment 210333

Meredith: View attachment 210332

Wow,never thought that someone will try to do something like that,great job man!
Will enjoy your challenge for sure,thank you!

I'm going to fail my IB diploma because of this :p
You should make a thread for this challenge and maybe a network game, that would be awesome.

Wow,never thought that someone will try to do something like that,great job man!
Will enjoy your challenge for sure,thank you!

There was a time where I never thought I'd finish it, haha. You're welcome though, mate, enjoy!

I'm going to fail my IB diploma because of this :p
You should make a thread for this challenge and maybe a network game, that would be awesome.

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for exam failure, blame SI for the amazing game, haha :p

I don't have any time for a thread/network game, but if anyone wants to do that, they are most welcome to do so :)

Top class stuff, can't believe there isn't more talk on the thread.

Glad to see you haven't just gone "Oooooh Best was amazing - Attributes- 20 20 20 20 20 20 20" lol

Might download this when I have time :)

Top class stuff, can't believe there isn't more talk on the thread.

Glad to see you haven't just gone "Oooooh Best was amazing - Attributes- 20 20 20 20 20 20 20" lol

Might download this when I have time :)

Well you keep replying, so hopefully that will attract more people, haha.

I didn't want to go down the "20s for everything" route because it's unrealistic and a bit of a cop out. I wanted to try and re-create these players as close to reality as possible, and I'm really pleased with how it all turned out. For Best, as an example, it was all about pace, technical skill and flair. I watched lots of clips of him, read lots of articles, and tried to put that together into his FM alter-ego.

amazing work benny, hopefully a mod takes notice and gives this the attention it deserves