sbennie

Reaction score
picture.php

The Magpies unveil new manager
picture.php

Dorchester Town chairman Shaun Hearn today unveiled new manager Stuart Bennie which has come shortly after the announcemnt of Ashley Vickers' resignation.
Bennie is an unknown quantity to many and the media have been quick to find out his plans for taking the club forward.

picture.php

Ky Capel (Dorset Echo) - "Mr Bennie, do you agree with Mr Hearn that the clubs target this year is to avoid relegation from the Blue Square South?"
Stuart Bennie - "Not entirely, I beleive we are capable of a mid table a finish. If we are to be relegated I'm sure you won't be seing me here next year.

BBC Dorset - "With the existing backroom staff following Mr Vickers out the door, have you got anyone in mind to fill the vacancies?"
Stuart Bennie - "During my time at Albion Rovers as a youth coach I worked along side
Jimmy Linsay. Jimmy has been out of a job for five years so I got in contact and
he agreed to be my assisant and manager the reserves. I am also bringing in Mick Curry, former Burton Albion coach and Paul Antrobus, former crewe goalkeeping coach.
Both are experienced and capable of giving the squad the skills and knowledge needed in this league."

ITV Westcountry - "Will we be seeing any new faces to the squad before your pre-season fixtures?"
Stuart Bennie - "I believe to move forward we're going to need one or two. Of course our budget is limit so Jimmy and I will look at every detail before making any decisions.
If we can, we'll look at unattached players who were released by their clubs last year."

Bennie clearly has big plans for Dorchester but time only time will tell.

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Transfers In Summer 2010

picture.php

picture.php

Since the arrival of Stuart Bennie to Avenue Stadium many new faces have also arrived to the squad. So far Bennie has managed to bring in no less than fourteen players.

"I am very delighted to be able to welcome these players to Dorchester Town. You might be thinking that I am taking a great risk in signing fourteen youngsters but there
are several experienced players at the club already that these players can learn from. They are all coming into the squad at a young age and they are full of potential and we
hope to benefit from this in the coming seasons.
I would like to thank Jimmy for scouting in Scotland, he managed to find three quality players in Robert Halliday, Richard McKillen and Mark Lancaster. Robert arrives with first
division experience from Clyde and can really add to the team. Richard and Mark are fantastic talents and I believe they are capable of pushing into the first team this year.
I was suprised to hear from Will Grocott's agent asking for a trial with the squad during pre-season. He was released in the summer by Aston Villa so naturally I was keen
to see what he was made of. I signed him after the first training session.
Robbie Hume comes into the squad already involved in the Northern Ireland U19 squad and Michal Dolinajec has recently stepped up to the Slovakia U21 squad. I hope they both
continue their development and bring any experiences gained to the squad."

picture.php

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Pre-season Friendlies
picture.php

(H)
I was very suprised to win every friendly. I expected to win against Waltham Abbey, Margate and Mangotsfield as they are non-league teams. Droylsden are in Blue Square Bet North so are at a similar level and a good way to judge my tactics and personnel.
To win against Chesterfield from npower league 2 was a great result, though they probably fielded a reserve side. From these fixtures it looks like we might have a good season.

picture.php

picture.php

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Tactics

picture.php

DR - Fullback - Attack
DCR - Central Defender - Defend
DCL - Central Defender - Defend
LB - Fullback - Attack
MCR - Central Midfield - Support
MCL - Central Midfield - Defend
AMR - Winger - Attack - Hug Touchline - Aim for Targetman
AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Attack - Playmaker
AML - Winger - Attack - Hug Touchline - Aim for Targetman
ST - Complete Forward - Attack - Targetman