prempz

Reaction score
so who is the best young goalkeeper you had ??? print screens would be nice also. since fm11 i remember it being Alphonse Areola but has this years changed ??????

Ter Stegen, Bernd Leno, Laurentiu Branescu, Plamen Lliev, Rui Patricio

Ter Stegen is already the best, development I would say Laurentiu!

I have seen him get better than this (well he is only 22 here)

163311d1302773827-lauren-iu-br-nescu-juventus-lauren-iu-br-nescu-profile_-attributes-.png

Ter Stegen is already the best, development I would say Laurentiu!

I have seen him get better than this (well he is only 22 here)

163311d1302773827-lauren-iu-br-nescu-juventus-lauren-iu-br-nescu-profile_-attributes-.png

WOW! i might have to get him but i prefer the german one tho

I have Ter Stegen and he is great and only 19.

Btw, Branescu is in Juve?

so who is the best young goalkeeper you had ??? print screens would be nice also. since fm11 i remember it being Alphonse Areola but has this years changed ??????

Hes still amazing, my fave is branescu for potential and ter-stegen for current ability.

Not with ter Stegen again, he is **** awful.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with sub 20- year old Goalkeepers anyway. They don't even peak before they are 30, how many times do you play more then 10 seasons? And if you do play longterm games , by the time your young talent peaks , you will have 500 better regens.

My personal recommendation is to never bother with GK talents at the start of the game, just get someone who is already good and not older then 28, 29-30 tops. Your results will noticeably improve, and by the time GK has to retire, you'll have great regens ready to step in.

Not with ter Stegen again, he is **** awful.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with sub 20- year old Goalkeepers anyway. They don't even peak before they are 30, how many times do you play more then 10 seasons? And if you do play longterm games , by the time your young talent peaks , you will have 500 better regens.

My personal recommendation is to never bother with GK talents at the start of the game, just get someone who is already good and not older then 28, 29-30 tops. Your results will noticeably improve, and by the time GK has to retire, you'll have great regens ready to step in.

I played him when he was 20 and he was my 2nd most important player and he was amazing when i won the treble(cl,bl and dfb) with koln. As for age, what about neuer, casillias, reina, akinfeev etc. Most of them had/ are having their peak at 24.

I played him when he was 20 and he was my 2nd most important player and he was amazing

"He was amazing" doesn't really tell me anything. Amazing as compared to who? I get it that you can have sentiment towards a player, i do that too. But unless you spend some time making direct comparisions to some of the top goalkeepers, using the same tactics and defense ,well. I did it and i was not impressed.

As for age, what about neuer, casillias, reina, akinfeev etc. Most of them had/ are having their peak at 24.

Are we talking RL, or FM here? If you meant FM, i think you are misunderstanding player reaching his peak with player reaching max PA. Reaching max PA is not end of the road, it is just the start. All player atributtes are being constantly rerranged based on training , age and experience. Peak is simply the 'zone' where, with proper training, player's physical and mental attributes are in best synergy. The age varies, but for goalkeepers it generally does not happen before late 20s. I guarantee you that Casillas, for example, still improves quite a bit in course of first 2 seasons, despite being 29 when you start a new game.

"He was amazing" doesn't really tell me anything. Amazing as compared to who? I get it that you can have sentiment towards a player, i do that too. But unless you spend some time making direct comparisions to some of the top goalkeepers, using the same tactics and defense ,well. I did it and i was not impressed.

Are we talking RL, or FM here? If you meant FM, i think you are misunderstanding player reaching his peak with player reaching max PA. Reaching max PA is not end of the road, it is just the start. All player atributtes are being constantly rerranged based on training , age and experience. Peak is simply the 'zone' where, with proper training, player's physical and mental attributes are in best synergy. The age varies, but for goalkeepers it generally does not happen before late 20s. I guarantee you that Casillas, for example, still improves quite a bit in course of first 2 seasons, despite being 29 when you start a new game.

He won gk of the year award for germany and europe and he kept more clean sheets than casillias, valdes, neuer etc. He had the highest gk avg rating by about 0.7.

I meant as in real life not fm. Casilias was better a couple of years ago as was akinfeev than they r now.

Funny..I cant believe no one mentioned Areola.He is head and shoulders above all these guys.He takes a while to develop though.About 2 seasons.

Funny..I cant believe no one mentioned Areola.He is head and shoulders above all these guys.He takes a while to develop though.About 2 seasons.

thats what i just said if you read the post at the begining but people are saying hes not good in this one

It really depends how he develop I guess. I have 2 great goalkeeper already at the moment... So he just doesn't fits in but will be selling the older one next season... Probably can fetch 30+mil considering how good he is right now :)

so the keeper i shoud get is ter stegen then ??? has his PA gone lower since the new update or nothink has changed ???

Have ur scout check up all of these then have a look at how much they cost, reports and age and determine who you want.