Clince121188

Reaction score

June 5th

the_sun_logo.png

Shock as Ex-Ireland International takes over from Mcleash

_49930189_mcleish.jpg

The fans of Premier League football were today plunged into shock, as news of a shake up at Birmingham City F.C came out of the blue this morning. The chairman is injecting an extra 21 million into the club, solely for transfers. However Alex Mcleish it seems, will not be around to spend a cent. The man who guided the team to such success in the league last season, following their promotion to the top division, has parted ways with The Blues.

In his place comes former Ireland international, Blues hero and former manager of Celtic Mick Clince.
This is not a knee-jerk reaction to any on-goings at the club however. We have been reliably informed by a club insider that the events at the club today, have been in the pipeline since March, when it was clear the club would achieve a resonable league position.

Clince spoke of his delight at being appointed manager of the club he has so much love for," Today I can not express enough, my joy at being appointed as manager of my favourite club. I will do everything in my power to bring the clubs fans the success they deserve. Some see my appointment as a betrayal to Alex Mcleish, who served the club so well. While I do sympathise with Mr. Mcleish, the clubs stance on his future was already decided before I spoke to anyone and this would have gone ahead with or without me. As a fan of the club myself, I think my fellow fans should be happy at having someone in charge who holds the club in the same affinity as they do."

birmingham.gif

June 10th

the_sun_newspaper_logo1-300x130.jpg

" In the next few days and weeks this club is going to see something unprecedented. The like of which has never been associated with Birmingham City before."

These words are sure to inspire excitement in the hearts and minds of all associated with Birmingham City F.C this morning. Mick Clince delivering each word with intent, looked himself, to be struggling to contain his own excitement. Naturally we've come to the conclusion that there are to be new arrivals soon at the club.

Last edited:
June 15th

the_sun_logo.png

Clince captures midfield wonderkid and promises two more new faces later today.

Birmingham manager Mick Clince added thrilling midfield prospect Zakaria Labyad, to his squad last night for the sum of 2.5 million pounds and this morning told journalists that they had better keep on there feet. Hinting that more additions would be arriving soon, Clince looks full of enthusiasm as he settles into his new role at Birmingham.

" Zakaria is a wonderful prosepect who I am sure will serve Birmingham well in the years to come. He plays in an advanced midfield position and I can see him getting his fair share of goals as he develops at the club."

1dbcd528-6c90-4117-8baf-5165ace7a6c5_Labyad-geelshirt4681.jpg

June 16th

the_sun_logo.png

Two more for St. Andrews!

Birmingham fans saw Mick Clince follow through on his promis of more new players yesterday. Alberto Lora arrived from Spanish club Sporting for 2.5 million and Jordan Ayew on Loan with an option to buy for 6 million. Alberto Lora can play in several positions, primarily a midfielder or full back he can also play on the wing. Jordan Ayew is a young striker who is fast and powerful but has great technique aswell.

cristianogestos2_89_ampliada.jpg

Clince: I am delighted to present these two great players to the fans today. Everything we are doing here is for the fans. Alberto is a tireless player who I intend to use in the same style as chelsea use Michael Essien. Jordan Ayew is a young player we have taken on, for the present and possibly the future. We will be continually looking closely at his progress.
I have a vision for this team, I want us to play great football and theres no reason we cant do that and succeed.

958645331_88461.JPG

Last edited:

July 11th

the_sun_logo.png

Ten and Out

What a last month or so it has been if you're a Birmingham City fan, or indeed just a Premier League fan. Manager Mick Clince, has completely re-shaped the look of the clubs squad since he took over. He has aquired 10 players since he took over just a month ago and only one has left the club. When Clince said that something unprecedented was going to happen with the club, nobody could possibly have imagined this.

With todays signing of Leandro Grimi, Clince says," Now that you have met Leandro you can expect to see nothing more in the way of new faces at the club."
Possibly the most surprising statement of the transfer window.

With that in mind we have decided to do an overview of Birminghams signings this season in tomorrows SUN .

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

looks gd mate

Thanks man!​

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:08 AM ----------

July 12th

the_sun_logo.png

Birmingham Transfer Review

TRANSFERS IN

media_xl_98980.jpg

Zakaria Labyad(2.5m): Seen by many already, as the future of the club, Labyad was Clinces first signing. The 17 year old dutch man, has already been compared to his superiors in the national team, Snjeider and Van der Vart. There is no doubt he has great potential and Clince has said that he aspires to see him progress, as a more technical Frank Lampard. Keen to keep pressure off the young man though, the Birmingham manager has expressed that although he expects progress, there is no doubt that he will have to be allowed time to develop.

56587hp2.jpg

Alberto Lora(2.5m): The 23 year old, hard working Spanish man is seen as a box to box midfielder in the mold of Roy Keane. Lora can also play at full back and right wing if needed, making him the kind of versatile player that every Premier League manager would like in their squad. Clince holds him in very high regard, having seen him deal well with attacking threats such as Ronaldo in La Liga last season.

jordan-ayew.jpg

Jordan Ayew(Loan to buy): Ayew is an u-21 Ghanaian international. He is reknowned for his physical approach to the game but has a great touch on the ball aswell. He has only played three times for Marseille, but Birmingham are sure he can impress enough on loan to merit a perminent deal. Ayew is one of Ghanas great hopes for the future.

Anthony_Annan_821072p.jpg

Anthony Annan(3.5m): Annan is one of the more exciting prospects for Birmingham fans. He drew worldwide acclaim for his performances in this years world cup for Ghana. A defensive midfielder, he rarely ventures forward or dwells on the ball for too long. But unlike a lot of defensive midfielders he almost always passes forward so the team can progress up the pitch. Annan is sure to shore up a lot of opposition attacks in front of a defence already known for its great quality.

_44245927_barda_afp416.jpg

Elyaniv Barda(2m): Barda is an Israeli international attacker. A striker by trade, Clince has said that he has bought him primarily as a playmaking winger. Barda should be comfortable enough in this role however as he has often played both off the main striker and as a winger.

christian%20benitez.jpg

Christian Benitez(1.8m): Chuco has returned to Birmingham on a permanent deal this time from Santos Laguna. He failed to score many goals in a good season for the blues last season, will his Premier League scoring record improve this year? Clince believes he can, given a different style of play for the team this season.

bogdan-stancu.jpg

Bogdan Stancu(1.7m): Stancu is seen by Clince as a player with the potential to score many goals for the blues as an out and out striker. Once touted as Romanias next real footballing hope, he will no doubt be hoping to take up that mantle with his first season in a top european league.

ashleywilliams480.jpg

Ashley Williams(2.4m): This one came as a bit of a shock to some, with Birminghams centre back pairing of Dann and Johnson having done so well last season. Clinces reason for this transfer is that with the team playing a more adventurous style this season, they may well need some more pace at the back to deal with breaks from their opposition.

Hugo-Rodallega-Wigan-v-Su-001.jpg

Hugo Rodallega(4.5m): With Zigic, Benitez, Barda, Ayew and Stancu already recognised strikers in the Birmingham squad, Clince surprised everyone by adding yet another. Clince explained that when Wigan offered want away Rodallega for just 4.5m there was no way he could let the opportunity go by. Rodallega is no doubt Birminghams highest profile buy for this season, but is it a case of now having too many strikers? Will the team be able to gell together in time?

Leandro+Grimi01.jpg

Leandro Grimi(170k): Grimi arrived yesterday for a miniscual transfer fee. With Birmingham lacking a real replacement at Left back for Liam Ridgewell, theres no doubt Clince was delighted to hear that a solid full back like Grimi was available at next to nothing.

TRANSFERS OUT

GYI0059450441_crop_450x500.jpg

Michel(2.8m): Cagliari: With Annan and Lora arriving, it seems Clince will have enough tough tackling in midfield. Michel therefore finds himself heading to Italy after not even a year.

0,,10412~8913423,00.jpg

Enric Valles(Loan): Doncaster: Valles is not seen to have a part to play in Clinces squad for this year at least, and has decided to let him progress on loan this season.

Dagenham+Redbridge+v+Birmingham+City+ZiiC4rP9fYgm.jpg

Stuart Parnaby(1.3m): Stoke: With Stephen Carr performing as well as ever at right back and Jiranek and Lora having the ability to deputise for him, Parnaby has found himself un-needed at Birmingham but may see his career take off at Stoke.

Image_2_for_Sheffield_United_v_Birmingham_City_gallery_786582231.jpg

David Murphy(1.9m):Middlesbrough: Murphy saw Liam Ridgewell perform superbly last season at left back, keeping him out of the side. This season though he wont have to as Middlesbrough have come in for him.

25D6C60A-9F80-4CA6-8573FCE63A6A388B.jpg

Cameron Jerome(Loan): Hibernian: Clince sees Jerome as an excellent athlete but lacks that certain something that a striker needs, to score consistantly. Therefore Jerome will find himself on the cold fields of Scotland this season, needing to impress his manager and possibly others.

SUMMARY

Wether or not Clinces massive gamble will pay off or not, we can only wait and see. So many transfers at once will surely un-nerve the team? Will players revolt for fear of there future? Perhaps one or more of the players will turn out to be a true star for The Blues? One thing is for sure, it will be very exciting at St. Andrews this season and fans will have plenty to talk about.

Last edited:
Nice start mate few good sigings I was looking at Labyad for My Arsenal team he is very good.

Good Luck ;)

August 8th

the_sun_logo.png

PREMIER LEAGUE PREVIEW

BIRMINGHAM CITY F.C

Manager: Mick Clince

Last Season: 9th in Premier League, F.A Cup 1/4 Finals, League Cup 3rd Round

In: Zakaria Labyad(P.S.V), Alberto Lora(Sporting), Jordan Ayew( Loan: Marseille), Anthony Annan(Rosenborg), Elyaniv Barda(Genk), Christian Benitez(Santos Laguna), Bogdan Stancu(Steau), Ashley Williams(Swansea), Hugo Rodallega(Wigan), Leandro Grimi(Sporting Lisbon)

Out: Michel(Cagliari), Enric Valles(Loan: Doncaster), David Murphy(Middlesbrough), Cameron Jerome(Loan: Hibernian)

Pre-Season Results

(St. Andrews Cup)

Birmingham 1 - 0 Rangers

Birmingham 0 - 1 America(Mex)

Birmingham 3 - 1 Shakhtar

(German Tour)

Kaiserslautern 2 -2 Birmingham

H.S.V 1 - 4 Birmingham

Wolfsburg 2 - 1 Birmingham

Birmingham 3 - 1 Lazio

Most Likely Line Up

Foster

Dann........Johnson
Carr..........................................Ridgewell

Annan

Lora...................Ferguson

Benitez.........Stancu........Rodallega

Pre-Season Summary

The type of football The Blues have been playing in pre-season, is pretty much score one more than your opponents stuff. Risky football, often seeing defenders out of position but often exciting at the other end of the pitch.

From just three starts in pre-season, Bogdan Stancu scored 4 goals. Hugo Rodallega scored two and assisted 6 times, in a group of games that saw him play as much on the wing as up front. Jordan Ayew showed lots of raw talent in his 2 games against Shakhtar and Kaiserslautern, scoring twice and assisting once.
Others to impress were Anthony Annan, Ben Foster and Roger Johnson.

Prediction:10th

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

August 14th

These are just a few of the articles that have been written about me and my team since I took over in June. None of it counts for Premier League points, but I like to pay attention to some, not all of what is written in the papers. By the way the papers have written about me so far, it is easy to see that I have come to Birmingham to do things one way and one way only, my way. Sure it was great to see the team settle safely into 9th place in the league last season, but I truelly believe that if we can make this more of a footballing club over the next coupe of years, we will be able to attract the right kind of player to take us further and into Europe.

Today though, is about the present! I've just finished doing my first proper Premier League pre-match interviews. The time has now come to set things in motion, with a result against Blackburn Rovers away from home, on the first day of the season.

I am on edge but in the best way possible! I am officially a Premier League football manager!
Now it's time to instill my beliefs for the game ahead, in my players. I stride into the dressing room like I mean it. All eyes are on me now, each player is expecting but not knowing just what to expect. I slam the door shut behind me!

20 minutes later........................................

The shrill blast of a whistle, a monstrous cheer reverberates throughout the ground and my managerial career is underway.

I take one last look down at the team on my notepad...............

GK: Foster

RB: Carr
CB: Williams
CB: Johnson
LB: Grimi

DM: Annan
CM: Lora
CM: Bowyer

AML: Barda

STR: Benitez
STC: Stancu

"Don't fail me now lads", I think to myself.

Then, the bassy connection of a foot to ball, the sweet sound of a rustling net, and celebration engulfs the away support. We've started with a bang!
Barda was on hand to stretch out a leg and finish into an empty net, after Benitez' cross had taken the keeper and several defenders out.

Rovers have a couple of chances, but the first half is is largely ours and we deserve to go into the break in the lead.

At half time I tell the players that they've done well so far but need to continue at the level of the first half performance.

The second half really didn't kick off at all untill the 83rd minute, when from nowhere, Diouf drew level for Rovers after Pederson instigated a swift, piercing counter attack.
That was a real kick in the teeth as neither team really deserved anything from the second half.

At the end of the game however, I was happy enough with a draw. Ewood Park can be a tough place to travel to. It had been a tough tackling game but we had more than held there own against a team reknowned for putting it up to their opponents.
Hopefully we can now push on from here.

At training the next day, I let the players know that they did well against Rovers but need to stay focussed for the full 90 minutes in future.

Last edited: