redknight15

Reaction score
Hi There,

New to the forum... Blah... Blah...Blah (more pleasantries)...Blah...Blah But Seriously hi Everyone!

Erm Ive been playing FM for a while since about 2006. The game I started with Chesterfield when I first got FM 2010 has been probably my best career ever. Im at the moment into my 2015/16 season having got the spireites promoted twice throught the play-offs. However Ive come to abit of a snag. I seem to be getting mid-table positions all constantly and try tactic after tacic but nothing seems to work. my squad isnt bad and we've been called 'under-acheviers' more than a few times recently. I was just wondering what everyone else would do in my situation and that if anyone has some wise words... Im all ears.

Thanks

P.s I re-posted this from the help thread, over to here. Because basically...i wasnt getting any help haha!

You could download some tactics form this website. There are some good ones around.

I'm not saying actually use them, personally I only use my own tactics, but it is good to tale a look and learn from proven tactics.

pick one and stick with it. Scout your opponents heavily, I usually go with 2 so I can see PPM's and adjust OI accordingly (the most important ones IMO to watch out for are cuts inside, tries killer balls often, gets forward and beats offside trap) . Get a good assistant manager to help you during matchday his observations are very very important (15 or higher tactical knowledge). Positive reinforcement teamtalks. Avoid going ballistic unless players are 5.0 and under rating. Only fine/warn when consistently bad.

I only use 2 tactics, a 4-1-2-1-2 and a 4-1-2-3 as a variation. The roles and tempo stay the same but only one player gets a different role. Don't have wild changes in tempo and formation like a defensive 3-5-2 and an attacking 5-4-1. Use the touchline shouts effectively eg narrower on a wide pitch, wider on a narrow pitch. Know the weaknesses of opposition formations. Narrow formations like the 4-1-2-1-2 I use can be exploited by using the exploit the flanks shout. A4-4-2 diamond can be exploited by the exploit the middle shout etc etc etc. I'll try and find the link. All my tactics are variants of downloads on site. But using correct OI's, Toucline shouts you should be able to be promoted nearly every year

Last edited:
You need your players to gel into the tactic.The majority of the tactics on here are not 'plug and play'.

I say to give it 15-20 games,then,if no good,switch.

its not the tactic they need to gel with, its each other, which as justkituno says takes about 15-20 games. but sticking to one tactic makes the process much much easier.

Using cheat tactics makes it cheating. Weird tactics are o.k though, I used a 4-2-2-2 for a while at Juventus.

If you keep changing tactics constantly then you won't win, as has been said. However you shouldn't give up tactics just immediately and ***** nilly cause they don't work. Note: I recently changed from a 3-1-2-2-2 to a 3-5-2 as Gillingham because I found using my wingers as AMCs wasn't working and the partnership was poor, so I put Doran and Wilshere on the wings. Then the first game I had Everton, who I needed to beat to be in contention to win the cup, the low prospects I have of winning it as Liverpool are run away champions at the mo and we only just got re-promoted to the premiership so it was a hard task. I doubt I will win my next two games, however I will keep with the tactic, it is probably the best tactic to use as it will mean I can just thump them in the centre of the pitch and launch the ball to the wings. Find what's best for your team.

Say if you have some good wingers but you find you can't win the ball in the middle of the pitch, switch to a 3-5-2. If you have some speedy AMCs ho can pass a killer ball and you have a fast squad play a 4-2-2-2, say you have a good striker but no real player for him to play off and you have a good AMC he could play off 4-4-1-1. So yeah, as has been said, stick with a tactic.

Last edited: