Blindasamelon

Reaction score
Blindasamelon's Australian Overhaul
Foxsport's News exclusive - Australia is in shock and mourning after Australian business man and football saviour, Frank Lowy passed away with his family around his bed, it was the final end to his three month battle with cancer. It is roumered his last words to his son were "continue my dream".

benbuckley_narrowweb__300x444,0.jpg

Football Federation Australia's CEO Ben Buckley called a press conference at 12PM today, in the press conference Buckley looked tired and drawn from what would definitely be a upsetting time for the FFA, after the heights Lowy took Australian football too. A tired Buckley said, "The entire Australian Football community is in mourning after the news, Frank was a dear friend and great person, he showed Australia what we were capable of and showed us how to get there. He will be dearly missed by everyone all around Australia and the world. However let it be known, while he will be missed, he will not be forgotten, his legacy of football will be left for generations."

Buckley went on to say "I met with Frank only a few days ago, we sat and talked about the future of Australian football, that's when he dropped a massive surprise on me. Over the next few days the FFA will released information on the 2010/11 season and let me tell you, Frank's greatest legacy is yet to be announced."

When asked by foxsports reporter Andy Harper, "What is Franks legacy yet to be announced", Buckley replied "Frank has left the FFA with a new 3 tier system, two new competition, new teams and new stadiums", Buckley went on to say "Frank has also left the FFA with enough funds to support this competition for quite some time."

In finished the conference, Buckley said "let this be known, Frank will be greatly missed, but he also told me, that when he is gone don't dwell on him, he wants us to take Australian football forward, and remember him that way, his legacy - football".

tim_cahill.jpg

When Australian football great Tim Cahill he responded with, "Frank was a great man, I knew him personally and we were good friends, I will miss him a lot. However, knowing Frank like I did, I know he would want us to talk about what he has left Australia, football! I have talked to Ben (Buckley) personally and we talked about this new system coming to Australian football, and let me say one thing - wow! Frank has left a true legacy, hopefully the fans will take hold of the 2010/11 season and we see some good games, and who knows I may be back in Australia in no time!"

Foxsports have exclusive obtained information regarding the 2010/11 season;

There will be 3 tiers of football in 2010/11;
1. Australian Premier League
2. Australian Championship
3. NBN A-league

There will be 2 competitions in 2010/11;

1. The Australian cup with all 3 tiers,
2. The FFA cup with all teams from every tier and state leagues.

Everyone here at Foxsports FC are looking forward to the 2010/11 season!

Can be downloaded here guys,
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4050

Please remember, it's only version 1.

*Please note, this is clearly a fake scenario, all news stories in this article are fake!

Last edited:
Looks very good, I think you should PM Tharros as he is Australian, as well as very good with the editor. May I ask, what teams are in these leagues?

I will PM him, it's good to see Aussie football managers, I think we are the minority.

The teams in each league are;

Premier League;
Newcastle jets
Brisbane roar
North Qld fury
Melbourne heart
Adelaide united
Perth Glory
Melbourne knights
Sydney FC
Sydney olympic
Marconi
Brisbane strikers
Melbourne victory
Central Coast mariners
Wellington phoenix
Melbourne knights

Championship;
Richmond FC
Sunshine Coast FC
Perth FC
South Melbourne
Rochedale rovers
Preston lions
Green gully
A.P.I.A tigers
Manly united
Adelaide city
Floreat athena
Sydney untied
Brisbane olympic
Blacktown city FC
Sutherland sharks
Bankstown city FC

NBN A-League;
Valentine phoenix
Adelaide cobras
Lake Macquarie roosters
Edgeworth eagles
Broadmeadow magic
Azzuri FC
Western knights Tasmania
Queanbeyen city
Weston bears
Pine Hill FC

As you can tell, the NBN league is built up from teams in Newcastle, NSW... Just because that's where I am from.

That's looking good, but... no team from Canberra? Just an idea :)

Hmm good point, didn't even notice lol... I will do that soon.

I have also made the prize money and tv money, similar to the EPL(I think), so hopefully after a few years of playing we should see some really good players coming to Australia.

Looking good. I am thinking of doing something like this for FM11 as I did in FM10. A couple of suggestions:

- Create a 4th inactive division with every other club in Australia in it and set up relegation in the A-League to it. This will make the league a bit more dynamic as smaller clubs can come up. Also you have more clubs in the Australia cup by adding the inactive division to it.

- In my 2010 version, I gave new clubs to the 1st division and those in the 2nd division a slight boost by increasing their crowd sizes, season ticket holders, and gave their players a slight CA and PA boost so they could compete with the original A-league clubs.

My 2010 DB was more like a 'what if' scenario. While it was a fantasy DB, I was trying to make the money ect. 'realistic', if Australian sport had followed a different path. If a recall, TV money was £1M for all clubs, and decent competition and cup money. The winner of the top league and cup got £500k I believe, and slightly less for following positions - so about the same as the J-League for instance. Also there where still rules on amounts on foreign players ect.

Last edited:
Good idea, I will look to add the 4th division tonight or tomorrow, as for extra crowd's, I will have to work on that because currently I have teams getting like 55 fans to a game, which is just silly.

I will also look into awards for the players, something I haven't spent anytime on yet.

Is there a way for the winner of the premier league get into the ACL and world club challenge? Because I would really like to do that.

After playing a season on version 1, I have found a problem or two, the big one is you can only register players in January, which means any player you sign at the start of the season, he can not play until January. No awards is a problem and as we spoke about crowds are dismal at some clubs. The teams that went down from the Premier were Marconi and Brisbane strikers, which tells me the smaller clubs need a boost like you said.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

nice work,
but where is Bentleigh Greens ? :)

I haven't heard of Bentleigh Greens, but I will be sure to add them into the NBN A-League next update. :)

Yeah the new clubs need a crowd/STH boost otherwise they will end up with no money lol :)

In FM10, the winner of the league could not play in the ACL due to hardcoding. Instead, in my FM10 db, the winner and runner up of the Australian cup where given the ACL spots - and I believe that competition was the original A-league finals series, I had just edited it.

I'm not sure about that registration issue. If you are not changing them in the nation rules they should be the same as the default DB. Awards are pretty easy to create :)

I did pretty rigorous testing when I made my FM10 version. After simply adding the existing state league clubs there was a distinct difference in the level of the teams. The table would generally have all of the original A-league clubs in a group at the top of the table, followed by the state teams, but there would be a massive point difference between the two groups, thus the need for the player buff. +10-15 CA and PA points should do the trick.

I think Adelaide City should be in premier league but that's just my opinion :)

and just one suggestion - you could kick wellington out and make Aussie teams only and distribute their players to the smaller clubs in the Premier League to help strengthen them

other than that good job on making this..will download when it's finished.

Premier League;
Newcastle jets
Brisbane roar
North Qld fury
Melbourne heart
Adelaide united
Perth Glory
Melbourne knights
Sydney FC
Sydney olympic
Marconi
Brisbane strikers
Melbourne victory
Central Coast mariners
Wellington phoenix
Melbourne knights

Just to note... you've put in the Knights twice |)

Melbourne Heart
Melbourne Victory
South Melbourne
Sydney F.C
Sydney United F.C
Blacktown City F.C
Adelaide United F.C
Adelaide City F.C
Perth Glory F.C
Perth City S.C(rename f.c)
Brisbane Roar F.C
Brisbane Strikers
Newcastle Jets
Gold Coast United
North Queensland Fury
Central Coast Marriners

No NZ teams, this is Australia!

That's how I think it should be done, :)

I did a similar thing in fm10 aswell.
I created 1 with 2 leagues.
Hyundai A-league (16 teams):
Melbourne Heart
Melbourne Victory
Geelong City (Created)
Sydney F.C
Newcastle Jets
Central Coast Mariners
Sydney Rovers (created)
Adelaide United
Perth Glory
Western Warriors (created)
Brisbane Roar FC
Gold Coast Utd
North queensland fury
Tasmania Utd (based in hobart) Created
Wellington Phoenix
Canberra Cannons FC (created)

Hyundai Championship had a mixture of already created teams and derbys for New zealand and tasmania.
Also made the Australia Cup and a Community shield game (Johnny Warren Shield)
Now you can change the continental rules to have more teams qualify i think. I might give it a go again.

Just some thoughts i had. It did work well last year

Eagerly looking forward to this database release, hows it going mate?

Hey guys, sorry for not updating, almost a day after posting all this I got glandular fever, so I have been sleeping and been sick a lot! As a result I have not done much to the database, if anyone would like I can upload what I have done and we can edit it together, but at the moment I will not be doing to much - far to sick!

Sorry once again guys :S.

No Nz teams what scared we beat you or something I think all the nz teams in the asb should be in this maybe in the 4th div

No Nz teams what scared we beat you or something I think all the nz teams in the asb should be in this maybe in the 4th div

Haha, okay well I will look into it. Not to worried use will ever beat us, but hey, you little guys can always dream (6).

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Can be downloaded here guys,

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4050

Please remember, only version 1.

Hmm, what file am I meant to upload?

Do I have to wait till a admin approves it?