Bougherra on the way out

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra has turned down a two-year contract extension and expects to leave Ibrox in the summer. The Algeria international, who signed from Charlton in July 2008, has one year remaining on his current deal, but wishes to return to England.
"Rangers offered me a chance to extend my contract by another two years, but I politely refused," said Bougherra.
"I have spent three wonderful years in Glasgow and I want a new challenge."

"Now if there is a great challenge for me elsewhere and the club is okay with it, I think I will be leaving"

Rangers have started discussions with the player in a move to keep him in Glasgow, but he has declined the offer of a new deal.
"I have one year left of my contract with Rangers and everything depends on discussions I have with the people in charge of the club," said Bougherra.
"If I do stay another year, there will be no problem on my side because I've only known good times with Rangers.
"Now if there is a great challenge for me elsewhere and the club is okay with it, I think I will be leaving."
While a return to England appeals, Bougherra insists he has other options open to him.
He added: "My priority is to play in the Premier League, for sure. Now if it does not happen, I shall go and play in either Turkey or the Gulf countries.
"But for now, I'm still at Rangers and we still have a lot to play for this season. I've not left Rangers yet."

BBC Sport - Defender Madjid Bougherra turns down Rangers extension

Rangers best defender imo and id be glad to see the back of him despite his runs that can help the opposition from time to time. I think he shows a real lack of ambition by suggesting the Gulf countries as his next destination thats basically saying to me Rangers didnt offer me enough money.

Would be a good defender for lower to mid table teams in the premiership.

i think he would suit someone like a stoke or wolves or blackburn

Wouldn't mind him at Arsenal if im honest.

I don't know, Boogie's not bad. He was linked with Liverpool a year ago wasn't he?

Now if it does not happen, I shall go and play in either Turkey or the Gulf countries.

Now that's a moneygrabber right there.

Chaz he is good but hes too much of a liability, It's ok him making those runs in the spl and so on but he won't be able to do that in the EPL. **** boughy anyway, We've have Boumsong, Cuellar and Wilson all do it in the past and we always find someone who does just as good if not better job. Same story Boumsong, cuellar and Boughy all said they would stay for years and they love rangers then things get tough for a season and they all jump, I'd rather have young Jordan Mcmillan play someone who will play for the jersey.