Bradford invading Spain: La Gallinillas... A Slacky and brock_09 Joint Story...

Who will be first to lift the Liga BBVA title?

• Total voters

Slacky

Bantams on the up!
Reaction score
Today Bradford City Joint-Chairmen Mark Lawn and Julian Rhodes have announced after Stuart McCall's recent resignation as Bradford city manager. Lawn and Rhodes have bought Spanish club Montaneros. After due consideration they announced that Montaneros and Bradford city will be changing places in leagues, Montaneros will be places in League 2 and Bradford City will be placed in Spanish Second Division B1, a Stadium has been built in place on Montaneros stadium that is an exact replica of Valley Parade called Desfile del Valle (Valley Parade in Spanish) for Bradford to play their home games. Their new nickname is La Gallinillas (The Bantams in Spanish) and their new name will be Bradford Ciudad C.F.

Some info about the club

Name: Bradford Ciudad C.F.
Stadium: Desfile del Valle
Stadium Capacity: 25,645
Nickname: La Gallinillas
League: Spanish Second Division B1
Star Players: Luke O'Brien (LB), Simon Ramsden (DR), Omar Daley (AMR), Michael Flynn (AMC), Gareth Evans (ST)

The vacant Bradford Ciudad C.F. manager spot had attracted many big names including Peter Taylor, Martin Allen, Current Bradford Ciudad assistant manager and former player, Wayne Jacobs and Bradford City Legend Dean Windass. But despite all that Lawn and Rhodes have today announced the vacant Managerial spot will go to unkown manager Joe Slack in a shock appointment, fans said although their new manager has no expierience they have put their faith in Mark Lawn and Julian Rhodes have made the right decision to place Joe Slack as the manager of their beloved club.

Please follow as I, and Brock_09 do a Joint Story Of taking over Bradford Ciudad C.F as we attempt to take them to Spanish and European Glory! :)

Last edited:
Today saw the Bradford Ciudad board place inexperienced manager Tom Brocklebank in the hot seat of the Spanish Second Division B1 newcomers...

The fans have shown confidence in the boards appointment, with many fan forums indicating Mr. Brocklebank's Spanish league experience, whereas others arent so sure, pointing out that he hasn't got experience out of the top flight of Spanish football, and it will be interesting to see how he copes with the added pressure of a lower league club...

Football correspondent Javi Gutiérrez Sánz has reported that Mr. Brocklebank will likely be aiming to bring in as many good free transfers as possible, and sell what players he doesnt need, and his mind seems to have been made up, as more than 5 players find themselves already on the transfer list.

Tom has already been arranging his pre-season fixture list, with matches against Bradfords under 19s, and his personal favourite Atlético Madrid, and their B team, following with a couple more fixtures against teams of similar reputation, fans have are having a mixed reaction as to how his first season will be, but when it comes to match day 1, all La Gallinillas fans will be wishing the team the best...

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

just about to update, will anyone be interested in following this? :)

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

anybody following or just voting?

just writen pre-season update, computer randomly turned off :S gunna re-write it now :)

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Pre-season update!

Friendlies:

Bradford Ciudad F.C. 2 - 2 Bradford Ciudad F.C. U19s (Michael Flynn, Simon Ramsden)

The Money Cup:

Bradford Ciudad F.C. 0 - 5 Sevilla
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 2 - 3 Atletico Madrid (Grant x2)
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 0 - Valencia

picture.php

Bradford Ciudad F.C. 0 - 4 Getafe
Ejea 1 - 1 Bradford Ciudad F.C. (Nano)
Bradford Park Avenue 0 - 2 Bradford Ciudad F.C. (Omar, Julio Hormiga)
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 0 - 3 Tenerife
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 2 - 3 Cadiz (Nano x2)
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 1 - 2 Osasuna (Julio Hormiga)
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 0 - 4 Zaragoza
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 0 - 3 Valladolid
Bradford Ciudad F.C.3 - 1 Ponferradina"B" (Stephen O'Leary, Michael Flynn, Omar)
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 2 - 0 Bergantinos (Peter Thorne, Nano)
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 2 - 0 Lemos (Omar, Julio Hormiga)
Bradford Ciudad F.C. 4 - 0 Villanueva C.F. (Omar x3, Zesh Rehman)

Finances:

picture.php

Transfers:

In:

Nano (Free):
picture.php

First Team Player...
Nice stats, Best years behind him unfortunatley but only asks for £725 a week and managed to be the MoM 3 times in pre-season :)

Omar (Free):
picture.php

Key Player...
Good stats, seems to played quite well over pre-season, best years ahead of him :) But unfortunatley, my mistake i offered him £1,900 per month instead of £1,400 and by the time I'd noticed, he had accepted it :(

Julio Hormiga (Free):
picture.php

First Team...
Again, best years ahead of him, amazing stats for this level, very good salary for level.

Javier Fernandez (Free):
picture.php

Key Player...
Very good stats, 15 for flair, perfect for the playmaker position which i desperately needed someone to fill that spot.

Out:

Chris Brandon (Free):
picture.php

Reason: Doesn't realy fit into the tactic im going to be using, fairly ok stats, as i know him in real life.. i know hes a good player, but unfortunatley he is under rated on fm, and i couldnt afford to pay him £1,400 p/w for him to sit on the bench. :(

Pre-season review:

Won all the matches i was hoping to, not overly fussed about the heavy losses as they was against Liga BBVA, im quite happy with the Atletico Madrid 2 - 3 loss, as we managed to score 2 goals against a Liga BBVA contender, i am extremely happy with the finances, making over 3.5 million! Very happy with the transfers so far. :)

Had completely forogotten about him...
just signed him now, thanks :D

Good luck, i'll follow.
I wish Valladolid were that good in real life :p

September 2009 Update!

September 2009 update!

Fixtures:

Second Division B1:

Mirandes 2 - 0 Bradford Ciudad C.F.
Dissapointing Result Realy, we deserved the win and but unfortunatley we bottled alot of our chances and also their keeper made a couple of amazing saves.

Bradford Ciudad C.F. MoM: Michael Flynn

picture.php

Bradford Ciudad C.F. 3 - 0 Barakaldo
Very Pleased with this result, was hoping for a win but i never expected by 3 goals! We controlled the game from start to end, limiting their shots and cutting through their defence with ease :D

(Julio Hormiga, Stephen O'Leary, Michael Flynn)

Bradford Ciudad C.F. MoM: Stephen O'Leary

picture.php

Bradford Ciudad C.F. 0 - 1 Compostela

Extremely dissapointed with this result, expecting an easy win, a team that had lost all of their previous league matches, I feel we deserved the win by the peformance the team put it in, they all gave it 110% but unfortunately Lady Luck shun on them on the day and we was unable to convert our chances into goals.

Bradford Ciudad C.F. MoM: Luke O'Brien

picture.php

Ponferradina 4 - 1
Bradford Ciudad C.F.
(Omar)

Extremely dissapointing result, playing against contenders for promotion is never easy but i feel we deserved better than a 4 - 1 loss, i do feel Ponferradina probably deserved their win but i feel 4 - 1 is unfair, their goalkeeper was like a brick wall, nothing could get past him, i feel he was the difference between the two sides.

Bradford Ciudad C.F. MoM: Jon McLaughlin

picture.php

Pontevedra 3 - 0
Bradford Ciudad C.F.

Another away game that we was heavy underdogs for. We was outclassed in every department with them managing 22 shots (14 on target) and us only getting 8 shots (4 on target). Which ofcourse it will always be disapointing when you see your opposition having more shots on target than how many shots on or off target, also seeing two players being sent off in a match especialy when one of them is a key player like Flynn, i felt that Flynn's sending off was abit harsh, fortunatley, both red cards (Jonathan Bateson and Michael Flynn) were 2 yellow cards, i still feel that Flynn was harshly treated.

Bradford Ciudad C.F. MoM: Jon McLaughlin

picture.php

Bradford Ciudad C.F. 2 - 0 Osasuna"B"
(Nano, Luke O'Brien)

Atleast we have managed to end the month on a high, disapointing peformance, but with the recent results this was a big win and i'll take it, just please to see 3 points for the first time in 4 games.

picture.php

Transfers:

In:

Giulio Falcone (Free):

picture.php

Needed a short-term Center back as we was seriously lacking quality in that area, couldnt see any loans available so opted with the cheap, experience CD who i managed to get for free.

Siro Darino (300k):

picture.php

had no real back up for MC and i am delighted with this player and i feel he will have no problem breaking into the first XI easily. Joins Bradford on 02.01.10

Jose Cansas (80k):

picture.php

I Feel he will be a back up player to Flynn and Siro Darino, reasonable fee for him and i may loan him out with the 'can be recalled' feature so he can get experience as well as being a back up as i see O'Leary being the player i will use as a sub. Joins on 02.01.10

Out:

Jamie O'Brien (Free): not good enough for 1st team, and by time he is, i hope to be in a better league.

Mathew Convey (Free): Surplus to requirements.

Leon Osbourne: Occasional sub and wages was too high for him to play the occasional game as sub.

Michael Boulding: Good enough for squad.. until Nano and Omar came in, IMO 5th best striker at club and i wasnt prepared to pay £1,000 p/w for that.

Board Requests:

Bigger Transfer Budget:

picture.php

Improve First XI Training Facilities:

picture.php

Improve Youth Facilities:

picture.php

First XI for September:

picture.php

Player of the month:

Michael Flynn, asisting and scoring goals, despite the red card, My player of the Month.

Young keeper, Jon McLaughlin, made some amazing saves, not far behind..

picture.php

League Table:

picture.php

Last edited:
Would anybody be interested in a story similar to this if I was to redo it in FM13?