wasabimayo

Reaction score
hi guys. i've been playing fm for a while now. i used to be a casual player, just downloading tactics and schedules to plug into my game. but lately i've felt the need to create my own tactics. i started a new game and i'm currently in my 5th year with PSG. this save is unedited. i mostly used the 48 month installments to purchase all my players. here is my squad entering my 5th year:

De Gea(G)Walker(FB - S) Bocchetti(CD - D) Sakho(CD - D) Bale(FB - S)
Hummels(CM - D) Pastore(AP - A)
Gotze(IF - A) Rossi(T - A) Hazard(IF - A)
Leandro Damiao(CF - A)

from this lineup, the only new additions i've made from the off season are gotze and hummels. leandro damiao has been there from the start as well as pastore sakho and bocchetti. rossi walker hazard and de gea have been in the squad for 2 years.

i've won the ligue 1 4 times in a row since my first season in charge. the first year was a dominating victory, but the years after that my team has started to struggle and become inconsistent. the 2nd year we won the league equal on points with Lyon, winning only by goal difference. the 3rd season and 4th season ended in similar fashion, went into the last game of the season in 2nd, a couple of points behind, and praying for my opponents to slip up and hand me the trophy. i felt like i just got lucky the last 3 times i won the trophy. i started my 5th season with 3 straight draws and a loss. what am i doing wrong? i'm not expecting to win every single match but with a squad like this, im expecting them to be a cut above the rest of the french sides. but im always lagging behind lyon and marseille until the latter part of the season, also dropping points to lesser sides.

the league is just one part of my problem as my team is struggling in europe as well. i manage to qualify for the knockout stages every year and bow out at around the quarter final. my 4th season was the only exception where i went all the way to win the title in a campaign which saw me lose to atletico madrid 5-1 on their home turf and win 5-5 on aggregate with my 1 away goal. i started my 5th season with a 2-1 loss to liverpool in the euro super cup. looking at their squad, i can say that their only real threat was luis suarez.

why is my squad so inconsistent? what am i doing wrong? any suggestions? i'll try to put up pics of my formation with player and team instructions as soon as i can. thanks in advance!

I dont think its tactics related as such even though the answer as show to fix it can be, at least short turn. Its probably down to the man management. Having won the league many yeasr in the row, the players gets less and less interested/ motivated. They might be complacent and not putting in the effort. If this happends, then you need to make sure you still get results. Perhaps play more cynical with more men behind the ball, rotating more using some of the squad players., this until you get the grips as how to get them motivated again

Last edited:
hmm i just checked out the jadedness stat using fm scout. having + jadedness is bad right? lol damiao was at 103. what's the best way to mix things up?