Brazil Squad Announced ...

FoxyCFC

Reaction score
Dunga has named his 23 man squad for next month’s World Cup. This will be the team what will attempt to bring the hexa home this summer:

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar, Gomes, Doni

Defenders : Maicon, Dani Alves, Lucio, Juan, Luisao, Thiago Silva, Michel Bastos, Gilberto

Midfielders: Kaka, Gilberto Silva, Felipe Melo, Elano, Ramires, Kleberson, Julio Baptista, Josue

Forwardd : Luis Fabiano, Robinho, Nilmar, Grafite

Your thoughts?

Personally, Ronaldinho has been AC's best player this season and doesn't get in?
Dunga always said Kaka and Ronaldinho can't play in the same team, but still, if hes been on form take him instead of lets say ELANO?!

I am genuinely amazed that Ronaldinho isn't in that squad. Actually flabbergasted.

I guess it's the end of the road for Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.

Kleberson - LOL

Elano - why not Ronny-deano?

Where is Pato?

Really boring midfield aside from Kaka.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pato WAS injured, not sure if he still is though

I'm not really surprised by this squad, the only surprise for me is Kleberson but I doubt he will get playing much. I'm still pretty confident that Brazil will win it this year, I have placed a bet vs my mate who thinks Spain will win it.

Even if Pato was fit I doubt he would have went anyway, Dunga doesn't seem to rate him... and neither do I

Well that is confirmation of Spain's strength, but Brazil definately have enough quality in that squad to win a World Cup and I believe that they have got as good a chance as any.

i have supported brazil when i was 13( i am 17 nw) ive watched ever game,,,they shud took pato and marcelo, costa,neymar

Glad to see there are two Benfica players there (Luisao and Ramires), but a bit disappointed with the absence of David Luiz, who did an extremely fantastic season, and I don't have any doubt that he is better than Gilberto. I also think that Ronaldinho should have been called, as he did an amazing season in Italy.

Pretty much the least surprising team of the world cup. Still a very good squad and one of the main contenders.

So much for Brazil winning the world cup, their weakest team in yonks.

Not the strength they used to be...what's dunga's issue about Ronaldinho,..? sure he's not anywhere near as good as he once was, but he's been great this season, and adds experience...they look a little dull in midfield and upfront, apart from kaka...their defence looks pretty awesome though..maicon, dani alves, lucio and thiago silva are beastly...David Luiz maybe should have been there but oh well...Spain do just look so much better on paper, but we'll see..

From what I have seen of Brazil this I reckon will be their preferred line up
GK: Julio Cesar
RB: Maicon
CB: Lucio
CB: Juan
LB: Michel Bastos (even though he's normally on the left wing at Lyon)
DM: Gilberto Silva
CML: Felipe Melo
CMR: Ramires (Drits towards the right wing like he does for Benfica)
AM: Kaka
CFL: Robinho (Usually cuts in from the left wing)
CFR: Luis Fabiano

That's how I see it and I reckon that bunch of 11 are a match with Spain on their day. Just my opinion please don't kill me for it :)

Kleberson - LOL

Elano - why not Ronny-deano?

Where is Pato?

Really boring midfield aside from Kaka.
dunga cares about the team, not the individual. this teams does it's job