Bringing the Buggered Borough through the Battles and Beauty of British Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deejayseesee

Lest we forget.
Reaction score
Eastbourneboroughfc.png

- Welcome to Priory Lane -

My previous Blackburn Rovers' story unfortuantly came to an abrupt after five games into my second season. I would probably see a few complaints from other people on the website if I started another Blackburn story. So, I have come to my sences and have decided to choose a different team. They are a relatively local team to my location and always have a place in my heart, next to Sam and Harry Charnock. The team, ofcourse, is Eastbourne Borough FC. Below is a summary and some history of "The Sports".

- - - - -

- Summary -
  • Eastbourne Borough are a semi-professional English football club, based in the town of Eastborune, East Sussex, and are members of the Conference National. Compared to many other so-called 'non-league' clubs (i.e. those outside English football's top four professional divisions), Eastbourne Borough are relative newcomers to this level of football. They are known as "The Sports" after their previous name as Langney Sports. Eastbourne Borough play their home matches at the Langley Sports Club sometimes known as Priory Lane.
- - - - -​

- History -

• They were formed in 1964 as Langney F.C., naming themselves after the Langley district of Eastbourne in which the club continues to play its home games. It all started when a group of friends had played for the Langney and Friday Street youth team were too old to carry on playing and decided to form their own team so they could carry on playing football. On forming in 1964, Langney FC entered the Eastbourne & District Football League, competing in Division 2. (Clearly, the team was happy to just have 11 men on the pitch, sans fans.) Prior to the 1968/69 season there was a change of name to Langney Sports F.C. when the club affiliated to the Langney Community Association. At this time the club was playing on local recreation grounds before moving to Princes Park near the seafront, next door to Eastoburne United's ground at The Oval. At the end of the season 1973/74, the club won promotion to the Premier Division of the Eastbourne & Hastings League.
- - - - -

Many Regards
David "Rudolph" Charnock

Don't forget me the honourary Charnock ;)

Good luck Dave (H)

Good to see another Borough fan on here. Good luck. Will follow this.

Eastbourneboroughfc.png

- Welcome to Priory Lane -

My previous Blackburn Rovers' story unfortuantly came to an abrupt after five games into my second season. I would probably see a few complaints from other people on the website if I started another Blackburn story. So, I have come to my sences and have decided to choose a different team. They are a relatively local team to my location and always have a place in my heart, next to Sam and Harry Charnock. The team, ofcourse, is Eastbourne Borough FC. Below is a summary and some history of "The Sports".

- - - - -

- Summary -
  • Eastbourne Borough are a semi-professional English football club, based in the town of Eastborune, East Sussex, and are members of the Conference National. Compared to many other so-called 'non-league' clubs (i.e. those outside English football's top four professional divisions), Eastbourne Borough are relative newcomers to this level of football. They are known as "The Sports" after their previous name as Langney Sports. Eastbourne Borough play their home matches at the Langley Sports Club sometimes known as Priory Lane.
- - - - -​

- History -

• They were formed in 1964 as Langney F.C., naming themselves after the Langley district of Eastbourne in which the club continues to play its home games. It all started when a group of friends had played for the Langney and Friday Street youth team were too old to carry on playing and decided to form their own team so they could carry on playing football. On forming in 1964, Langney FC entered the Eastbourne & District Football League, competing in Division 2. (Clearly, the team was happy to just have 11 men on the pitch, sans fans.) Prior to the 1968/69 season there was a change of name to Langney Sports F.C. when the club affiliated to the Langney Community Association. At this time the club was playing on local recreation grounds before moving to Princes Park near the seafront, next door to Eastoburne United's ground at The Oval. At the end of the season 1973/74, the club won promotion to the Premier Division of the Eastbourne & Hastings League.
- - - - -

Many Regards
David "Rudolph" Charnock

Your not too bad yourself ;)

Eastbourneboroughfc.png

- Breaking News from Priory Lane -

- Friday May 29th, 2010 -

• Eastbourne Borough manager Garry Wilson has earlier today announced that he plans on leaving his current team as he looks to achieve more with a better team, due to his advance in age. The Scottish manager announced that he would be hoping to find a new team before the end of next week. He called a press conference in the Langley Sports Bar and had this to say:

"I have had a fantastic time managing Eastbourne Borough over the last ten years, but I feel my time here must come to and end. I have taken Eastbourne from the Blue Square South to the main Conference and gotten the team to the first round proper of the FA-Cup. I feel though, if I want to make a name of myself, I must leave now and look for a more successful team with a brighter future."

It is expected that Borough's Chairman, Len Smith, will not take too kindly of Mr. Wilson's demoralizing words.
- - - - -

- Saturday May 30th, 2009 -

• It has been announced this morning that Eastbourne Borough manager Garry Wilson has been sacked due to his speech made to the press yesterday about his intentions to leave. Mr. Wilson received his resignation by email this morning, explaining that he was not to return to the stadium and his belongings would be sent to his house. Reporters caught up with Garry Wilson at home, earlier this morning:

"I feel this was a very unprofessional action to take by the Lee (Eastbourne Borough Chairman, Lee Smith) and that this should have been discussed in privacy at the club. I would have said I wish Eastbourne luck in the future, but if this is how they treat their managers, then I am sorry for the b******d who takes over."

Following this meeting, reporters then met up with Chairman Lee Smith to see what the response was to Mr. Wilson:

"What an immature and irresponsible reaction to this whole dilemma. Mr. Wilson brought this decision upon himself after his selfish behavior yesterday in the press conference. I would like to say that this was not an easy decision to make, and the board and myself discussed long and hard into yesterday evening to decide whether Garry should be given a second chance or not. The arrangement we came to is to abide by his proposition and hope any "better" teams, as he put it, will hopefully, if the have some common sense, stay way clear of Mr. Wilson and have a successful future without him."

Eastbourne Borough are now looking for a manager to fill their vacant spot, with Goalkeeper Coach and Assistant Manager, Dean Lightwood, likely to fill the position.
- - - - -

Regards
David "Rudolph" Charnock

Eastbourneboroughfc.png

- Sunday May 31st, 2009 -
  • A unknown figure has been welcomed into Eastbourne Borough Chaiman Lee Smith's office and is being suspected as a possible manager for the team. All we know is that he is about 6 foot 3 in height and is relatively young looking. We managed to get an interview with Dean Lightwood, current goalkeeping coach and assistant manager at Eastbourne, on the future of the club and who will take charge:

"I am very happy with my current role within the team and hope that it shouldn't change. If Mr. Smith asks me to take charge, ofcourse I will happily comply and succeed the team as fully as I can. This bunch of players have fantastic potential, especially the younger ones, and under the right management, can be lead to many victories and hopefully some trophies. Lee briefly mentioned early to the team that he would hopefully be interviewing a couple of managers, and hopes to find the right one by tomorrow morning."

We were able to catch up with the gentleman from earlier to ask him a little about his history and basically, who he was:

"Well, my name is David Charnock and I am 27 years of age. I was born in Blackburn and am a long-lived Rovers' fan. Over my recent years I have been managing and playing for my local Sunday League team, East Hoathly Eagles, which I am very proud to say are sitting happily in first place. I am rather amazed that Mr. Smith contacted me about the vacant position and never expected me to be a contender. I have been told that he will get in touch when he has made his decision."

- - - - -

Regards,
David "Rudolph" Charnock

looks like u have things under control kepp up the work

Eastbourneboroughfc.png

- Monday June 1st, 2009 -
  • After a very hectic weekend for Eastbourne Borough Chairman Lee Smith and every associated with the club, the first spark of good luck has come in acquiring up-and-coming manager David Charnock. Mr. Charnock was an unkown figure before yesterday but, even at this very early stage, looks like he will be in the hearts of every Eastbourne fan, the very few there are. We asked a few questions at David Charnock unveiling earlier this morning:

"So, from managing your local Sunday-league team to managing a dominant figure in the Conference. It must be a dream come true?"

"It definatly is, I had never imagined ever having any attachment to a club of this size and stature, and is a great honour. I would like to thank Mr. Smith, sitting on my right, appointing me as manager and having faith in my ability. I will not fail to dissapoint."

"What are your expectations for this season, and future seasons to come?"

"For this season, my goal is to secure a safe mid-table position and work on giving my current squad depth for the push next season. We have the players to be succesful in League 2, we just lack the depth where other teams can succeed. As stated before, next season we will be pushing for a dominant top half position with a slight look for a play-off position."

Manager David Charnock has a month to either rest or research on possible future signings for the beginning of the pre-season on Wednesday July 1st.

- - - - -

Regards
David "Rudolph" Charnock

Good luck, looks interesting. Will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.