Reaction score
Hello fellow managers!

After a disgraceful start to my FM16 journey, I decided that the best thing to do would be to treat FM like real life and start my career a bit lower down. So I decided to take over Bradford due to their awesone support and cool kit!

I am having a very good season.

P27, W19, D8, L0, F48, A16 (15 Clean Sheets)

My team is absolutely following my tactical instructions and we've slowly transitioned from hit and hope long ball to possesion based football. I am very happy that yhings are going well as I was at the end of my tether with multiple Spurs saves. I think dropping down has allowed me to understand the game better. I have turned down offers from S'oton and Everton as I believe this is the way to play the game.

HOWEVER....!

I have been very lucky in some games and if it weren't for Conrad Logan, we would have lost some games. But the only time we look vunerable is just before the break (which I think I've rectified with the "concentrate" shout) and especially after the break.

On almost every game, wether Im winning, losing or drawing, after the break i get hammered for 15 minutes. In the last game, for example, i gad 60% possesion and had limited Oldham to just one shot off target, and yet after the break, they were all over us like a bad rash! It was like they'd changed to Barcelona at half time!

I have tried all different manners of team-talks in different tones, from telling them off, to warning about complacency, to praising them. I've tried dropping deeper and I've tried changing tempo. I am at very wary of being more atracking due to my defenders forgetting how to defend for quarter of an hour!

Of anyone has advice, it would be much appreciated. If we get oeomoted, I can see this being a massive issue with better Strikers punishing us in the Championship.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

It's unlikely to be team talks anyway. What's your reasoning for dropping deeper and/or changing tempo (to what?) because that won't change the core of the tactic much. Speaking of, it would have been great to at least see the tactic, so we know something at least. The general advice would be a little less adventurous in the 2nd half. Like any manager, the AI will try and get back into the game or win it toward the end of a match. You need to cope with those numbers rushing forward.

Last edited: