Fmfanatic1k95

Reaction score
I'm not too far away from starting my 3rd season as Utd manager, I have won 2 league titles in a row. I still feel I have something missing in my squad.

My Squad

goalkeepers: De Gea, Periera (want to give him a chance)

defenders: Jones, Rojo, Evans, Subotic, Laporte, Shaw, Alaba, Großkreutz Valencia (occasionally)

midfielders: Januzaj, Strootman, Mouthinho, Carrick, Di Maria, Herrera, Mata

Strikers: Van Persie, Benzema, Rooney, Wilson

Opinions anyone ? Should I look to strengthen still?

Last edited:
I am in a similar position in my Utd save, about 5/6 games into my 3rd season with a transfer budget of £120m (on the back of a Double 1st season and then winning everything in 2nd season). But my team is so good there is no one I can really buy to strengthen without spending the whole budget on 1 player which I don't want to do.

I just went for youths, the game should start spawning world class regens now so I pick up 2-3 world class young players for each area of my team.

Don't do a Liverpool in the 80's, build for the future.

We both are definitely in the same boat, I've been looking for youth in the market but there isn't a lot avaliable. Could really do with young English talent as I'm not going to keep buying foreign players, but it's hard to come by young English players with really good potential.

I spent hundreds of millions on the best regens I could find in a few years at Utd. Some ended up being world class players, worth £30M+. Even the worst ones are worth £5-£10M. I generally had a policy of not buying real players after the first season. Partly for challenge, partly because I like my squad to be young as possible and on low wages.

When I left they demoted half of my first team to reserves/out on loan, and spent money on old **** players