Bulgaria vs England 2/9/11 Vasil Levski Stadium Kick Off 19.15 BST

What Will Be The Outcome Of Bulgaria vs England?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamie.

Reaction score
bulgaria-england.jpg

Venue: Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia (Bulgaria)
Kick Off: 19.15 BST (Sky Sports)

The next test for Capello in his not-so-noble quest for his bonus, I mean Qualifying England for Euro 2012, comes in the shape of a rugged Bulgaria team led by balding balkans with a glare that could kill. Capello's team of lionhearts and cub's go into this favourites but as we have seen in his tenure it's never an easy fixture when England is involved. Bulgaria have made their intentions quite clear, stay tight at the back and compact in the midfield in hope that England will become frustrated and do the old English trick of 'kick and run' at the linesman. Lothar Matthaus has already stated this is one of his biggest managerial tests, surprisingly the test of telling Martin Petrov ''Bald spot? Nah, it's fine'' wasn't ranked up there.
Make no mockery of this Bulgarian team though, it boasts such big names as Tsonkov and Bozhilov so take that millionaires! The most surprisingly omission from the Bulgaria squad was ex Manchester City reserve Valeri Bojinov who Matthaus deemed too 'injured' to play despite Valeri claiming himself, via song no doubt, that he was fighting fit.
England meanwhile have concerns of their own as Capello's hand is forced by injury and subsequently he is expected to play Bent up front with Rooney in the typical 4-4-2 - What? Bents injured? Well, now we're buggered - however due to his sudden brainwave many suspect he will go with the much more 'modern' Barcelona 4-3-3 with Wilshere CB in the Mascherano role and due to his recent goal scoring exploits Young as a central striker in the Messi role. Wilshere? Really? Him as well? ****, well now it's time for you're big chance to sign Cleverley.
In all seriousness many expect to see England lineup like this -

Hart
Smalling Jones Terry Cole
Parker
Milner Lampard
Young Rooney Downing

Prediction: 0-2 England

I just feel England will get through this despite all the Bulgarian big names. Not expecting a resounding display because England aren't capable of such things especially since the departure of the main striker, Heskey, but the same can be said for Bulgaria who's star striker is preferring to spend his nights sitting on the Old Trafford bench. Anyone in the Old Trafford area may want to check out the bench, word is Berbatov is still there from the Sunday game he got so used to it he was too _____ to get up.

What are your thoughts/lineups/predictions on the game?

Last edited:
''Heskey + Berbatov comparison, they have something in common...''

Never said he wasn't retired, him and Heskey have retired hence the comparison of both sides being without their star strikers.

When was Heskey ever England's star striker? oO)

Ooooh, you were being sarcastic... XD

Urgh, I expect my optimism to hugely dampened when the team sheet comes out. is Bent fit?

Would like to see him lead the line ahead of Downing, Rooney, Young; with the two wingers switching flanks. Milner and Parker in the middle, Defensively sound, and more than capable of supplying the front 4.

oO) A united fan that doesn't want England to win.. oh that's right, you're probably not from England.

3-0 England. Rooney, Young, Downing.

That always annoys me, then some complain about ABU's oO)

Please line up 4-2-3-1

oO) A united fan that doesn't want England to win.. oh that's right, you're probably not from England.

3-0 England. Rooney, Young, Downing.
i'm from england, most united fans from manchester (the real matchgoing ones) don't support england.

The only supporters I know that don't support the nation they're from are Glasgow Celtic. They all support Ireland, which is understandable. That was a silly statement, Mark.

look i don't care if you do support them its just i don't and the majority of reds i know don't. heres most the reasons why some of us don't support england:
Choose England

If you dont, then just stay off the thread. makes everyone happy

I also genuinely like bulgaria as I have a property there and go a few times every year, so am supporting them, hence me saying 'c'mon bulgaria'.
i don't usually care about england games tbh and rarely watch them

I haven't laughed so much in my life. Apart from the Munich ones, I mean, aren't they basically the same for every team? It's part and parcel of being one of the top teams in the world.

Oh well, each to their own, just seems pretty retarded to me.

I haven't laughed so much in my life. Apart from the Munich ones, I mean, aren't they basically the same for every team? It's part and parcel of being one of the top teams in the world.

Oh well, each to their own, just seems pretty retarded to me.
didn't know they sung 'stand up if you hate ...' at any other team? or wished steven gerrard's baby a stillbirth?
don't really want continue this argument as i could get banned and its pointless because i can't convince you not to support england and you can't convince me to support england

look i don't care if you do support them its just i don't and the majority of reds i know don't. heres most the reasons why some of us don't support england:
Choose England

didn't know they sung 'stand up if you hate ...' at any other team? or wished steven gerrard's baby a stillbirth?
don't really want continue this argument as i could get banned and its pointless because i can't convince you not to support england and you can't convince me to support england
See, I respect United and most supporters. But you're just being stupid, in my opinion. The 'scrotes' that make up the England squad are good players, maybe better than some of your United players. Some teams sing other songs which are similar and even give death sentences.

Anyway...
England to win 2-0, with Bent and Young to score. Hoping for a 4-2-3-1 as well, Mike, with some new boys (shame they're all from United ;)) in the team.

Is it only on Sky Sports, though, that's a bit annoying.

P.S. You do sing "Park, Park, wherever you may be, you eat dogs in your home country, could be worse, could be Scouse, etc." so you can't start whining when they singing something back.

Last edited: