pudster

Reaction score
HI ALL

I have a issue with the editor for FM 2011, I load it up fine, but a strange screen with a tool bar at the top, does not give an option of loading a database.

This screen is white with a green tool bar, arrows forward and back, with home icon and FM icon but nothing is showing about loading database.

the editor is in program files (right click FM11 logo in windows 7 in games folder) not in the game itself.

if u drag the editor icon into the data folder which should be above it should work fine i had the same problem

i dragged the editor into the data folder but it still will not run. instead i get a barrage of warnings saying that my computer cannot find certain files:

Warning could not find data folder!

../../data

and so on. then after 4-5 of these windows i get:

Error: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists please contact technical support.

i dragged the editor into the data folder but it still will not run. instead i get a barrage of warnings saying that my computer cannot find certain files:

../../data

Error: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists please contact technical support.
where was the editor originally? does it not work where it was originally

../../data

are you using windows and if so which version?

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Thnaks mate, done it now.
it is ok glad to help

ERROR: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists contact Support

anyone know how to fix that, it comes up when i try to start the game through steam?

cheers

ERROR: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists contact Support

2nd time I've used it the 1st time it worked fine what's wrong now?

Just re-install FM

Put any saved games, facepacks etc in a folder on your desktop and put them back in once you've installed

I go to where the editor is and click it for it to open. It goes asif its going to load (the screen goes black) sorta like when I open fm, but then it just stops and goes back to my internet tabs. If I click to open it again it says editor is already running, the screen goes black then goes back to normal again.

Any idea?

I go to where the editor is and click it for it to open. It goes asif its going to load (the screen goes black) sorta like when I open fm, but then it just stops and goes back to my internet tabs. If I click to open it again it says editor is already running, the screen goes black then goes back to normal again.

Any idea?

Hmm, when you open task manager does it say Not Responding next to Editor 2011? Does this happen all the time or has it just happened once

Hmm, when you open task manager does it say Not Responding next to Editor 2011? Does this happen all the time or has it just happened once

No theres no text, the screen goes black asif its going to open, then back to the internet.

I have opened the editor once or twice before, and it worked fine then

Just a print screen of the black screen attached if it helps

Last edited: