FM2011 Leaked info!!

they really need to make the game more realistic like more realistic transfers and the agents will be class!!!

agents will be a great new addition, they should also do interviews for when u take a management job and maybe even allow u to manage the the international u21's/u19's instead of having to be manager of the senior team, it would be more realistic that way plus i know alot of you are going to say this is football "manager" but id like one day if u could start off as an assistant and work your way up i think that would be great,

personally i couldnt give a **** about any of the snazzy surface stuff they might add so they can say they added "new features". I want them to work on what actually forms the core of the game. Changes to the database, improve the trainging and move away from the abstractness of sliders. a huge overhaul of press conference with many more options, so it actually feels like a press conference. much better player interaction. keep improving the TC, add more roles. fix the ******* set pieces because the AI is wank at defending corners. More realistic transfers. dynamic league reps. insteand of the new stuff. fix what we've got already

rant over

agents will be a great new addition, they should also do interviews for when u take a management job and maybe even allow u to manage the the international u21's/u19's instead of having to be manager of the senior team, it would be more realistic that way plus i know alot of you are going to say this is football "manager" but id like one day if u could start off as an assistant and work your way up i think that would be great,

you can manage the U21s and U19s teams...

the tactics thing ******* ****** me off. i spend months trying to make and play a real life tactics, whihc the game cant even implement properly and thus you get punished for it, when someone else makes a game breaking tactics and achieves perfect success. you can get away with ridiculous 4-1-5 formations, but you cant even make zona mista. what the ****????

i dont want new features. i want a game that works. i want an ai that isnt completely useless at corners

Protip:

Formation means very little, in terms of how the game defines it.

Let's say you have that ridiculous 4-1-5 formation, but... where are those five players playing?

The wide players may well be set quite defensively, so that they operate high up the pitch, supporting the attack but bomb back to cover the fullbacks and act like wide midfielders in transition - if they have high stamina, natural fitness, and good pace, this would work perfectly well in reality. And it's no different, in effect, to playing a totally different formation.

Example; I play 4-4-2 currently. But in attack, we're more 4-3-3, because one of the midfielders holds the middle of the park high up in the opposition half, and while one of the wide players in the midfield is a conservative wide midfielder, and not a winger, the other is a very attack-minded winger - giving us 3 up front and 3 relatively attacking midfielders behind them, with a covering midfielder and wingbacks overlapping. Defensively, we're actually 4-5-1 - one of the forwards (the slower one) drops back into the space between the midfield and the attack, so we can launch quick counter attacks. Everybody behind him marks space and holds position - in that sense, it's a very rigid set up. Yet the team is actually set to fluid.

You can actually get quite a lot of combinations of play out of the tactics engine, which is pretty awesome.

So while a formation can look ridiculous, it's really only aesthetically so. If you play some of these outlandish tactics (especially in full match, as opposed to only highlights), as you suggest they are, you'll quickly notice that in play, they really are fairly normal and understandable... and quite realistic, with the odd exception. :)

I think the reason a lot of people have issues with the match engine as-is is because they automatically assume symmetry is demanded in terms of player roles. It isn't. The real game doesn't work like that either.

Also, you can most definitely play zona mista. I know, because it's the system I was using at Valladolid before I moved to Man United in my current game.

Last edited:
Protip:

Formation means very little, in terms of how the game defines it.

Let's say you have that ridiculous 4-1-5 formation, but... where are those five players playing?

The wide players may well be set quite defensively, so that they operate high up the pitch, supporting the attack but bomb back to cover the fullbacks and act like wide midfielders in transition - if they have high stamina, natural fitness, and good pace, this would work perfectly well in reality. And it's no different, in effect, to playing a totally different formation.

Example; I play 4-4-2 currently. But in attack, we're more 4-3-3, because one of the midfielders holds the middle of the park high up in the opposition half, and while one of the wide players in the midfield is a conservative wide midfielder, and not a winger, the other is a very attack-minded winger - giving us 3 up front and 3 relatively attacking midfielders behind them, with a covering midfielder and wingbacks overlapping. Defensively, we're actually 4-5-1 - one of the forwards (the slower one) drops back into the space between the midfield and the attack, so we can launch quick counter attacks. Everybody behind him marks space and holds position - in that sense, it's a very rigid set up. Yet the team is actually set to fluid.

You can actually get quite a lot of combinations of play out of the tactics engine, which is pretty awesome.

So while a formation can look ridiculous, it's really only aesthetically so. If you play some of these outlandish tactics (especially in full match, as opposed to only highlights), as you suggest they are, you'll quickly notice that in play, they really are fairly normal and understandable... and quite realistic, with the odd exception. :)

I think the reason a lot of people have issues with the match engine as-is is because they automatically assume symmetry is demanded in terms of player roles. It isn't. The real game doesn't work like that either.
i understand how to play the game mate, im pretty good at it. but that is not what im talking about. im talking about exploit tactics, ones that seek to break the game through flaws in the ME, rather than actually being any good on its own merit the 4-1-5 that ive seen is a game breaking tactics, nothing to do to with how it looks on the pitc

i understand how to play the game mate, im pretty good at it. but that is not what im talking about. im talking about exploit tactics, ones that seek to break the game through flaws in the ME, rather than actually being any good on its own merit the 4-1-5 that ive seen is a game breaking tactics, nothing to do to with how it looks on the pitc

*shrugs* Never seen a "game breaking tactic".

how about players being able to deviate from their standard PA progression like Ashley Cole (transform from a Winger/Striker into LB/LWB). the match engine need some major fixing with decision making and player positioning as the **** that happens make me wanna break my lappy because of the stupidity of actions that happened.