can anyone suggest a tactic for blackpool

jamespir

Reaction score
managing blackpool and i stupidly agreed with the bored wed get a continetal place so i need a tactic to back up my aspirarions any ideas folks playing with basic 442 at the mo and am currenntly rooted to the bottom after 5 games having won 1 and lost 4 (though i did beat man city 6-4 loses to wolves 4-2 fullham 5-4 newcastle 2-0 and villia beat me 7-0

Maybe tell us what players you've got? It would be alot easier to suggest tactics then....

i havent changed the squad much aprart from loaning macheda and buying steven ward from wolves

Well you look to be letting in far too many goals... Try strengthening up your defence? A few Championship CB's are very good...
Andre Bikey - Burnley
Stephen McManus - Middlesbrough
Matt Mills - Reading

There's only a few, maybe get some pacey full backs aswell... You'll need them to counter the threat that the big teams have...

I suggest using this formation style...

RB CB CB LB

DM DM

RM LM

AM
ST

Its a very defensive formation, but it will work if you use it...

What tactics do you have set? Maybe you need to change them?

I meant what kind of tactics have you put for your team? Your philosophy? Team fluency? Stuff like that....

I played a very simple 4-4-2 with very little creative freedom or roaming. Starting strategy is standard I change it in-game depending on how its going. Not doing too badly, beat Liverpool !

Try these tactics....

Philosophy - Balanced
Starting Strategy - Control
Passing Style - Default
Creative Freedom - More Disciplined
Marking - Zonal
Roaming - More Roaming

Then click advanced and make sure you have....

A deep defensive line
3 quarters width
A slow tempo
Counter attack ON

That should work after the players have gotten used to it... :)