Can this realisticly be done?? (new world league)

hh12345

Reaction score
I was thinking of making a world league where:
Every country in the wolrd was represented by 1 team (their capital) so a 10 teir structure
The players for that team would be taken from the top 22 players in the respective league. If a player was not chosen as a top 22 player he could be chosen by another team providing that he was from that country.
The teams would play at their national stadium.
Huge tv money for all the flights but particularly high at the top. Higher prize money at the top working down to the bottom.
Teams would be seeded by the streght of their league :so top flight EPL, Bundesliga, Seria A, La Liga, Argentine, Brazilian, Portuguse, Turkish, Russian etc:
Teams could also have special relationships with their national league sides

What I need to know is possible is:
Can you have a league with teams all associated to different countries?
Would these teams youth sides develop players from their nation or the league base?

An example of a team would be:
England: London (and some jazzy nickname). Stadium wembley
Manager: Furguson
Team:
Cech, Hart, Reina
Terry, Ferdinand, Vidic, Samba, Hagerland
Ashley Cole, Evra, Bosingwa, Glen Johnson
Lampard, Gerrard, Essien,
Nani, Adm Johnson, milner, Bale
Drogba, Rooney, Torres

That would leave players like Friedal to play for New York, Fletcher for Edigburgh, Hernandez for Mexico City, Berbatov for Bulgarian capital etc.

Would this be possible?

if Fletchers gunna play for a scottish team and Friedel for new york why wouldnt Torres play for a spanish team and Bale a welsh one, seems too complicated but would be pretty cool

You are abit contradictory; shouldnt essien be playing for ghana? Nani for Lisbon? Evra for paris?

The capital of USA is Washington, and the capital of Bulgaria is Sofia 8-|

Did either of you two read it?

He said:

Teams would be seeded by the streght of their league :so top flight EPL, Bundesliga, Seria A, La Liga, Argentine, Brazilian, Portuguse, Turkish, Russian etc:

So then any players that arent selected for said team, can play for their national team if selected.

I don't think it is possible tho, but get an opinion from someone in the editing mafia if I were you.

He wants to give the league they play in first choice and if they dont want them then they can play for there capital, i dont think it would be possible to structure it so this way tbh

yeah thts stupid though and too broad and if you just selected them by nationalities then might as well have world cup so im out

This would take a while to make, but it is possible. I think that England is the only country that most of the best players players play in England. I think in other countries it would just get a bit like the national team.

it would be possible in a way but you would have to adapt it.

the best way to do it would be to create all of the teams and then to set it so they buy from the respective league that they represent with maximum scouting and transfer percentage/ whatever the options are called under club transfer preferences. this way might make it so they only buy from the league they represent but as i've never tested it i can't tell you for certain but i would imagine it would.

the other way would be to do it similar to how will did his database for FM10 but this way would only let you get tehm to sign players of the same nationality as the clubs. i think he did it by putting each club as based in the nation they represent and making the nation rules for the country you base the league in say that you aren't allowed foreigners in the team squad's.

uhh its a bit confusing having them by country but having league players its possible though

i think it would be possible but argentinas capital would be absolute ***** and london would be unrealisticly good LOL

Only the original pick of players would come from league/national team. After that teams could buy anyone. Finances would quickly be raised in teams like Tokyo, Beijing so they could buy top players. Teams like Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires,, Sydney Mexico City would quickly raise more cash and produce good home grown players.
Its just an idea that I think would be interesting. It may be improved by having a certain number of players having to be homegrown. but again I dont know how possible that is with the league builder? By homegrown I guess it would be where you base the league from. Alternativelly these teams could be made and rather than be in a league it could be done in a big round robin cup format but then you loose relagation/promotion. Could be increased to 40 best potential ciities. But I can think of lots of disadvantages with this.

I know New York isnt a captial, same goes for Sydney and Sao Paulo but you would base the teams from the largest supporter catchment area.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Also English league isnt the only league with better foreigners:

USA : Henry, Beckham, Angel, Marquez,
Italy: Almost no italians would make the sqaud based on leagues best 22
Portugal: Best players mainly Aimar, Saviola, Hulk, Falcao
Russian: Brazilians, Portuguse
German: Robben, Ribery, Dzecko...

I could go on