Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

Joel`

Reaction score
The Football Association can confirm that Fabio Capello has today resigned as England Manager.

This follows a meeting involving FA Chairman David Bernstein, FA General Secretary Alex Horne and Fabio Capello at Wembley Stadium.

The discussions focused on The FA Board’s decision to remove the England team captaincy from John Terry, and Fabio Capello’s response through an Italian broadcast interview.

In a meeting for over an hour, Fabio’s resignation was accepted and he will leave the post of England Manager with immediate effect.

David Bernstein said: “I would like to stress that during today’s meeting and throughout his time as England Manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner. We have accepted Fabio’s resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future.”

A media conference with David Bernstein and the Club England Management team will take place at Wembley on Thursday at 12 noon.

The FA will not be making any further comment until the media conference.

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/080212.aspx

wtf, is that over the Terry buisness. I haven't been keeping up with it last few days. I don't think it was the FA's right to step in and drop Terry as captain the ball always fall on the manager. I think Capello did the right thing in leaving.

Said to Joe this would happen. They made him look silly by doing it the way they did. Final straw for him.

Spectacular backfire for FA

And you tell me this won't effect the team more than just leaving him as captain until the trial has been heard??? The man is innocent and although i thought he should have been sacked after the World Cup i feel for him here and he can walk away with his head held high in my eyes.

Cya, Postman Pat.

Who's going to be the new manager.. Probably someone nice and ****.

Captain Neville
Pundit Neville

Now Manager Neville (H)

This is getting messy day by day. Will be interesting to see who gets the job. Maybe someone as Caretaker, someone like Harry till the Euros?

Great, now I can only see Stewart ******* Pearce leading the England team in the EUROs, this is a massive disaster for the FA.
Credit to Capello, he had principles and he stuck to them.

Managers we should get; Rednapp, Pardrew, Holloway, Rogers, Lambert

Get your hands of Pardew.

I sympathise with him. I think the FA bowed to public pressure, but ultimately interfered with managerial business. Terry is an innocent man until the day he's proven guilty - which if he is, is post Euro. Capello was right in saying a sporting body shouldn't be punishing people before a civil court has found them guilty. Whatever the FA's opinion on the matter, I can't help but feel they should have stuck with Capello for the sake of not throwing our preparations out of the window. Whoever comes in now has but a few friendlies with the team.

Don't think it's the right time for Harry to step in, I think promoting someone from within the setup on an interim basis until after the Euros for the sake of stability will be the right move.

Although, I was initially against Redknapp, his recent work with Spurs warms me too him. He's also one of the few men for whom England still matters. Also feel he's more tactically astute than he likes to let on.

Whoah! Wouldn't expect it to get this extreme...
Could this have to be with eventual firing of Ranieri? ;) Besides the Terry controversy, of course.

The FA is so retarded...they should have fired him after the WC but they didn't -- and now months before the Euros they drop our captain and our manager quits.

Jokers

Everyone keeps going on about Redknapp but i don't think he will leave Spurs when they are doing so well. For me instant success and hit the ground running would be Guus Hiddink at International level. No doubt if Redknapp dosen't take it then it will go to Stuart Pearce.

It's gonna be an interesting summer for the potential manager switches. I just hope to ******* god that Redknapp doesnt go for the England job.