Carlos Tevez May Miss Manchester Derby.

Joneesy

CHAMPI2NS
Reaction score
article-0-0BC0B423000005DC-567_468x286.jpg

Carlos Tevez will fly home to Argentina on Thursday to begin a desperate fight to be fit in time for the Manchester derby.
Manchester City's talisman suffered a dead leg in the defeat by Arsenal at Eastlands on Sunday but was initially expected to make Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Wolves.

However, it is understood that tests yesterday revealed severe swelling and internal bleeding around Tevez's knee and thigh and he has been told he will not be able to play for 'about two weeks'.
That prognosis takes him up to the deadline for the crunch clash against his old club Manchester United on November 10 at Eastlands and City boss Roberto Mancini has sent Tevez home to see his family and rest.

Tevez was at the training ground yesterday but will spend three or four days at home before returning for intensive treatment that Mancini hopes will get him ready to face United.
Tevez's City colleague Roque Santa Cruz this week suggested the Argentinian suffers from homesickness and the club captain took an extended international break at home two-and-a-half weeks ago to spend time with his baby daughter.

City sources stressed last night, though, that this visit was all Mancini's idea to get his star man fit to face United.

article-0-0BC0A894000005DC-15_468x286.jpg

Source.​

Last edited:
I know wishing someone injury is not good, but i'm not wishing him to be injured but i wish he recovers after derby. Hope he miss the Manchester derby.

I believe im right in saying he has scored 30 odd of Citys last 60 goals something like that. Once he came off last week City fell appart, he is their best performer without a dout and i think he brings the best out in the team especially in this fixture.

I totally agree with CJACKO11 if he doesn't play Man City won't win

I believe im right in saying he has scored 30 odd of Citys last 60 goals something like that. Once he came off last week City fell appart, he is their best performer without a dout and i think he brings the best out in the team especially in this fixture.

You are right about he's a vital part of the team. But there's other stars who can step in, just take a long look at the wonga they've spent, Balotelli could make a Prem name for him self, and bang one in against United.

Big blow for City.

However, they'll cope I am sure.

They've got enough strikers, though. Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Ballotelli; they'll be fine.

he is not going to come back from Argentina, he has had enough of football, he has flirted around the fact for long enough now...

he is not going to come back from Argentina, he has had enough of football, he has flirted around the fact for long enough now...

Thats the thing, he keeps saying he's had enough but still shows so much passion and puts in so much effort its amazing.

We will beat them wotever la sulk decides to do. Just a big fish in a small pond.

It will be a big blow if he does miss the derby but I think City still have a good chance of getting all three points

I think this is the start of the mind games. Tevez will end up being fully fit for the game, Mancini taking a few leaves out of Fergies book, how many time has Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham etc etc... been unfit leading up to the game only to be playing like nothing has happened once the game gets going

I love the fact that he jumped manchester clubs and still likes passionately playing against United .. not! I hate Tevez with a passion, i'd give anything for Hernandez to score the winner against City and if he plays I hope Vidic knocks him out, great player I admit but I don't care how badly you fall out with a club.. you should never join their main rivals..