Cesc Fabregas in Barcelona Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is not gonna sit well with some of the Arsenal fans. The youtube comments seem pretty heated at the moment.

Apparently Spain wants everything. The European Championship, the World Cup trophy, the Champions League, your soul, better food, the Basque Country, dreadlocks, to host the World Cup in 2018, Cesc Fabregas, and apparently any Arsenal player who seems remotely talented. Granted, Fabregas is already Spanish, but his contract is not. Barcelona’s latest chapter in the “I want Fabregas” saga involved Fabregas’ Spanish teammates Carlos Puyol and Gerard Pique trying to force Cesc into a Barcelona jersey during Pepe Reina Presents, brought to you by your host, Pepe Reina.

In the history of soccer transfers, this must be the most ridiculous, unprofessional transfer ever.

Fabregas has five years left on his contract with Arsenal, his current employer. You might have heard of them. But apparently this doesn’t matter to the powers at Barcelona who always seem eager to wax lyrical about how much they want Fabregas to join their empire. To be fair, it’s no secret that Fabregas has always expressed an interest in returning home one day. But that still doesn’t give a club a right to publicly (or even privately) attempt to unsettle a player who is under contract with another club.

Bad.
But Barcelona didn’t stop there. Then the Barcelona members on the Spanish team seemingly felt that they needed let the world know, repeatedly, that Cesc should be at Barcelona, and that they were talking to him all the time about joining them.

Worse.
Which brings us to the most recent episode, Pepe Reina Presents, the show where Pepe, a Liverpool player with no vested interest in where Cesc plays, orchestrates the episode below with Puyol and Pique in a completely unprofessional display. Barcelona is now attempting to literally force a transfer.

Worst.
There’s a way to conduct business and there’s the George W. Bush approach to making things happen. Barcelona is now the George W. Bush of the transfer market. Congrats, Barca. Well played. You may get your way, but at some point, there will be a backlash.

There is limit to everything. Ronaldo saga was bad, but this has to be the worst i have ever seen. I'm not even surprised as i know how classless scum Barca are.

Using their players to unsettle player, turning sprinkler on when the opponents are celebrating. Cheating diving moaning scums.

Model club, my ****. Real Madrid is not the cancer of football. Perez showed more respect to clubs and handled transfers the way it has to be. But on the other hand Barca does this.

Oh, didn't realise the clip was in the article.

Had to happen with all the Barca boys around him. Thats the biggest and most blatant tapping up I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Barcelona is not the future :) Future is Chelsea and Manchester City.

Wouldn't be happy if that were a Liverpool player so can understand Arsenal fans getting upset.

But Pepe Reina is an absolute legend - he always seems to be the soul of every dressing room he's in - even if he isn't actually playing in the first XI. Would love to go for a drink with him.

Had to happen with all the Barca boys around him. Thats the biggest and most blatant tapping up I have ever seen.

Still Blatter and Platini kept their all shut. Expect Blatter to come out and say Fabregas is treated as Slave like he did for Ronaldo saga.

Chelsea got fined for Cole saga when it was no where near to this kind of tapping. Double standards.

barca cant pay thier players why would cesc go there at least he would get payed in the prem

Last edited:
Wouldn't be happy if that were a Liverpool player so can understand Arsenal fans getting upset.
I feel ya, mate. This is most probably not gonna improve relations between Barca and Arsenal. That is the captain of Arsenal, for crying out loud. Show a little bit of respect for the Arsenal fans, Barca.

I'd be pretty ****** off to if they did that to Torres.

I don't see why this would bother anyone? He was clearly forsed into the shirt.

Still Blatter and Platini kept their all shut. Expect Blatter to come out and say Fabregas is treated as Slave like he did for Ronaldo saga.

Chelsea got fined for Cole saga when it was no where near to this kind of tapping. Double standards.

Trouble is tapping up players happens all the time now. Ronaldo and Real Madrid, Berbatov and Manchester United. Now Fabregas and Barcelona. Even Redknapp has sounded out players he would like. Its the first time I have seen players trying it though on such a grand scale.

Last edited:
banter??? if a r madrid player put a real madrid shirt on puyol do you think barca would like it,

If I pulled a Rovers shirt over my City supporting friend. Will he report me ? No. It's banter !

Status
Not open for further replies.