craigbroadley

Reaction score
does a chairman have to be looking to leave in order for the club to be tookover or can someone buy while the chairman is still happy ?

I'm pretty sure he needs to be looking to sell. Don't think it just happens randomly. So if your chairman loves your club, you're in for the long haul.

Got screwed with this once before. I made an edit to extend the League of Ireland to a five tier league with regional groups. Took over one of my home town clubs in the fourth or fifth tier - I think I may have had to create them from scratch. The chairman loved the club, but the club was pure junk. Expectations of finishing 10th of 12 gave way to a second placed finish and promotion. The Chairman sold the club on in the close season, and I was offered a new contract by the new chairman, getting the "survived a takeover" achievement. Something like 25 days later, after maybe two pre-season friendlies, I was given the sack as I had become "stale" or some such guff. Still bitter!

When a chairman is looking to sell, you can expect a bid within a year or so I would say. Allthough I can confirm that it's possible your club receives a takeover bid while your chairman is not looking to sell. I don't know if there is a higher chance the takeover will succeed though