Sneijder pledges future to Inter

Beat England's best;p And may I add, Manchester United were made to look like a very average side against Barcelona.

Not really a good point tbh. Barcelona make every side look average. They made Real Madrid look average when they weren't falling down.

If you're going off the best 'team' then Spain have it. If you're going off the best action, best viewing, best conclusions then the EPL has it. Me, I'd MUCH rather watch a league where anything can happen and the winner/s aren't written in stone.

Beat England's best;p And may I add, Manchester United were made to look like a very average side against Barcelona.

Barcelona is by far best team in the world. If we looked average against them, I can take it. "Second best team in world" lost against Barca 5-0. As far as I know, La Liga is mikey mouse league, you have Barca and Real, and that's about it. ( Yes we played against Valencia and they were pain in the ***, but our form at the start of the season is always bad) :)

The Premier League is overrated, in my opinion, and it isn't as competitive as everyone thinks. In Italy, Sampdoria/Juventus/Napoli/Lazio/Palermo/Genoa/AC Milan/Inter Milan/Roma/Fiorentina all challenge for the top 4 (although not Sampdoria anymore after their shock relegation) although the bottom half of their table isn't as good as the Prem.

Sneidjer has made the right choice, I think, as Inter Milan are a top team who will win trophies. Oh, and his salary is deserved, he is one of the best AMCs in the world.

I don't see why everyone is complaining about his salary/value as many players are on massive salaries in the Prem (Milan Jovanovic is on £120k p/w and Gary Neville was on [I think] £80k p/w until he retired and those players are nowhere near the best at their clubs, never mind the world).

They'll probably move for Modric, Hamsik or Nasri now but I don't really see Hamsik leaving. I think they should of got Nuri Sahin earlier on, before Madrid got him as he was sold for only £10m, he's young and versatile too.

Let's not turn this into La Liga vs Premier League. People have different definitions on what makes the best League, no point trying to sway others.

You actually think that 2 team league is better than La Liga?

You trying to say that the Premier League is a 2 team league?
This season it was 3 until Arsenal decided to slip up and fall behind. Next Season it will be 4, 5 or even 6 if Man City, Tottenham and Liverpool all up there game.

If you're going off the best 'team' then Spain have it. If you're going off the best action, best viewing, best conclusions then the EPL has it. Me, I'd MUCH rather watch a league where anything can happen and the winner/s aren't written in stone.
That's only because you support Wigan, who would probably crumble in La Liga. Anyway, the teams in Spain don't all play defensive like many in England and there are high scoring games (they defend against Barca though, you basically have to).

You actually think that 2 team league is better than La Liga?
Agreed. Chelsea and United are the only 2 realistic teams of winning it, Arsenal say they can every year and crumble as Manchester City are about as good as Atletico Madrid.

Not really a good point tbh. Barcelona make every side look average. They made Real Madrid look average when they weren't falling down.

Real did excellently until Pepe got sent off for a clean tackle. However, they did get drubbed 5-0 once too.

Barcelona is by far best team in the world. If we looked average against them, I can take it. "Second best team in world" lost against Barca 5-0. As far as I know, La Liga is mikey mouse league, you have Barca and Real, and that's about it. ( Yes we played against Valencia and they were pain in the ***, but our form at the start of the season is always bad) :)

More teams have won La Liga as the EPL since the EPL's current incarnation. Blackburn, Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. La Liga has Barca, Real, Deportivo, Atletico Madrid and Valencia in the same space of time.

Regardless, Wesley Sneijder has settled in Italy, he's being paid 7M£ a year and he's got a gorgeous wife whom he's converted to Catholicism for. I'm sure he'll be able to look himself in the mirror, wearing his Champions League gold medal, and not be too bothered he didn't play for Manchester United or Chelsea.

Last edited:
Fair play to him, i said from the off if it ment giving McEachran more chances not to sign him then i would rather that.

What does he care? It's Britain and England that lost out - he's a quality player that would add something to the EPL, and a few million in taxes.

The fact he might go another year without a trophy is an aging inter side and finish his career not at the top.

Real did excellently until Pepe got sent off for a clean tackle. However, they did get drubbed 5-0 once too.

More teams have won La Liga as the EPL since the EPL's current incarnation. Blackburn, Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. La Liga has Barca, Real, Deportivo, Atletico Madrid and Valencia in the same space of time.

Regardless, Wesley Sneijder has settled in Italy, he's being paid 7M£ a year and he's got a gorgeous wife whom he's converted to Catholicism for. I'm sure he'll be able to look himself in the mirror, wearing his Champions League gold medal, and not be too bothered he didn't play for Manchester United or Chelsea.

Heh Chaz :)
I talking about present, not history. Deportivo and Valencia are without money, Atletico Madrid is good, but we'll see them next year. There's more teams who can challenge Chelsea and United in PL, than Barca ( and Real) in La Liga :) Anyway... we are going off topic. I don't have time for this discussion, tastes are subjective

Not sure why everyone is in a tizz over this, he wanted 200k and neither side wanted to pay that.

Why people started talking about La Liga is beyond me

I dont even believe that we wanted Sneijder in the first place. His natural position is #10 which is occupied by Rooney. He is not effective as a CM. So either way I'm happy. Modric FTW...

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

We are not talking about Dalglish's reaction after failing to land Phil Jones ;)

Do you think you'll still pay £30m+ for Modric? There's a possibility that Spurs may need to sell to correct the imbalance in their accounts for losing out on CL football but they'll be ramping up the price to silly levels given they'll need to replace him too. Be interesting to see.

In fairness, it's daft money some of these players want. If FFP forces some of them to realise that they'll just have to do a bit of saving with the £30m+ they'll earn over a decade, great stuff.

---

sunilvk7 - I'm sure the gloating can resume when that transfer is tied up ;)