My new year gift for you :D Lipe's 4-3-2-1 tactic

lipecamara

Reaction score
HAPPY NEW YEAR MATES! :D

Well,first of all,i must thank to you all people that keep this forum ongoing everyday.All i know from FM i learned here! so well,really thanks!

The Tactic

At first,i created a 4-3-2-1 with a direct passing,and it worked really well with Arsenal.Here's the first season result:
View attachment 213320View attachment 213321View attachment 213322View attachment 213323View attachment 213324View attachment 213325View attachment 213326View attachment 213327View attachment 213328

As you can see,a very good tactic.Still,i thought it could be improved(specially my MCR att role),and after testing Pawn_pt tactic,i came up with some offensive ideas.So i decided to tweek the tactic and started using it with Ajax,and the result was a bit more possession,a lot more shots, and an average of 1-2 more CCC's created.The result of these changes were,of course,more goals.
But as i played the tactic i noticed that my team struggled to get the possession and the shots in away games,although still winning.
Anyway,i came back to my Arsenal Save and started using it,and the same results that i've got in the Ajax save showed up.The solution was then use the first tactic as Away tactic,and the New as Home.It couldn't work better:
View attachment 213331View attachment 213330View attachment 213332View attachment 213329View attachment 213337View attachment 213338

Some matches:
View attachment 213333View attachment 213334View attachment 213335View attachment 213336

I know it's still early in the season,but this is my new year gift for you ;D

*UPDATE*
View attachment 213457View attachment 213456

Now,the formation:

Home:
View attachment 213341
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6152
http://www.4shared.com/file/cWqEu8P1/Lipes_4-3-2-1_Home__Arsenal_Se.html
Away:
View attachment 213342
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6153
http://www.4shared.com/file/ot0imLKd/Lipes_4-3-2-1_Away__Arsenal_Oc.html

Players:

GK: must have good agility,jumping and one-on-one.
LB: The most attacking of fullbacks.Stamina,passing,high defensive mentals(bravery,work rate,composure,anticipation,concentration,etc.),and at least 14/14 quickness.
RB: Same as the LB,but suggest a bit more defensive.
DCR: Your corner man.Should be very phisycal,and have high tackling.
DCL: Same attributes as above.
MCC: Think as this one as a anchor man.Stamina,marking and tackling,high mentals.But also,he cannot have a bad passing.12 is good enough.
MCL: Box-to-box mid.Take Kwadwo Asamoah as model.Good dribbling,passing,marking and tackling,stamina.
MCR: The most creative of the 3 mids.Passing,technique,creativity,flair,anticipation,etc.Also,some good defensive attributes aren't bad,help's a lot in defense.If he has good decisions and long shots,set long shots to sometimes.
AMR: Must be fast.Good crossing and finishing.
AML: A mix of inside foward and a advanced playmaker.Dribbling,flair,passing,quickness,technique,etc.
ST: Quickness,technique.

Match Preparation: High(or average,depending of how many matches are you having),attacking movement.
No OI's.

*ps: when facing a team using an AMC,set the MCC to mark him man.But pay attention,if the other team switch the formation,what commonly happen in the second half,switch back the marking to zonal.
*ps2: at halftime,tell all your players with 7.0 or less grade that you're not happy with his perfomance.That should keep your team motivated in the matches.

That's it mates! hope you enjoy this beautiful football i created.Also,feel free to tweek the tactic(but give it at least 10 games before tweeking),and please post your results here,as this is my first tactic shared here,would love to see others results and reviews!

Happy new year!

Last edited:
I love the skin, I love Arsenal. What i dont love s that you upload a tactic that you have not tested at all.

Please, and this is with love play 1 or 2 seasons and then upload it.

haha,the away tactic i already tested one season,and the home tactic i tested for about 15 games with Ajax,and a few with Arsenal.Also,i wanted to post it before new year =]

Anyway,advice taken =]

cant help not to ask: mate, what skin are you using???
anyway, if I'm going to test only one of your tactics which one should I take?? home or away?

ohh my deezzzzzz.. it looks great. will give it a go as a secondary tactic, but i'll have my own tactics working too.

2rzrimf.jpg

not been playing long but this is how it's going so far, really nice

hi lipe camara, because of court decision we cant open 4shared, it is possible to upload it at different website, thanks

After testing most of the tactics on this site and on the SI community, I have to say that your tactic is the best one around right now!

Thanks for sharing it :)

really thanks for that mate,could you post your results please?

End of season result:
View attachment 214792View attachment 214791View attachment 214796
Just lost FA cup ¬¬'

Players awards and stats:
View attachment 214800View attachment 214801View attachment 214802View attachment 214803View attachment 214804View attachment 214805View attachment 214806View attachment 214807View attachment 214808

Interesting matches:
View attachment 214809View attachment 214810View attachment 214811

When the season was going,i got enough confidence(and also for curiosity) to use only the home tactic in the games,and it worked.As you can see,the tactic fulfilled all the expectations,winning the champions quite easily.

Anyway,i found out some interesting points about the tactic.For example,is CRUCIAL for the home tactic that the MCR bosses the midfield.I mean,the games i had most difficulty were the ones against teams that hassled my defense and the ones where the WL couldn't create from cutting inside,and that's when the MCR must step up,'cause he's gonna help at the starting of the play and after, find the through ball to the WR/ST score.So,if you're having these kind of problems,you can set the MCR as playmaker,and/or set the GK to distribute the ball to the DR.
Another interesting thing is that in a few games,your opponent will only show your WL the left foot,making him get into the area,but he rarely will cross,and most of the time,he'll end up losing the ball.For that,you can set the WL to cross often,or put a left footed guy there(i used Van Persie),which works better.

Anyway,i guarantee that this tactic can work at any situation,it just takes a little attention at what's wrong,that the tactic have the tools to solve the problem.

View attachment 214814

last game of the league season(attention to the subs,and the goal time):
View attachment 214815View attachment 214816

THAT'S RIGHT BABY! not only i didn't conceded a goal or CCC's for 20 minutes against Chelsea with 9 man on the field,i SCORED ONE!

*facepalm

Now,i'm working on a new and improved(obviously) version of these tactics.

Hope you enjoy!
Cheers!

ps: i found that match preparation set as attacking movement works better than teamwork.

Last edited: