Shamrokk

Reaction score
First of all,hi to everybody.So what I would like to ask is how to change the title bar's colour so it matches with the club's main colour and the text of the title bar matches with the club's secondary colour.I found a really nice skin but the problem is that the title bar doesn't change it's colour and remain black all the time with yellow text.I would be very happy if someone who is adept at skinning tells me how to recolour the title bar.Also another question - can you tell me how to make the club's logo bigger in the title bar?Thanks in advance. :)
Here's a screenshot of what I am talking about

52723413.png

In case you can't access the page

[h=3]How to Recolour the Footer in Football Manager 2011[/h]
This is a simple guide that will tell you how to recolour the footer so it changes colours like the titlebar does.

Note that this guide will work for both FM2010 and FM2011. (If you are using FM2010 change the 2011 to 2010 whereever it appears)

For this guide you will require:

- The Resource Archiver Tool - this is installed with FM2010/FM2011 and will be located in the tools folder of where you installed FM (It isn't included with the Demo so you'll need to use the FM2010 Version). For full instructions on how to use the Resource Tool see this thread or read the pdf file installed with the tool.

- An xml editor - Notepad++ is recommended, however Notepad, or even Word or a HTML editor will be fine.

- A Graphics editing program - Paint.net is free and easy to use.

Modifying the Footer Code.

First assuming the following files aren't already inside the panels folder for your skin, you'll need to extract a couple of files from the fmf files, the files we need are all located within the skins.fmf file that is located inside the data folder for where you installed FM, you need to extract the following xml files:
\skins\fm2011\panels\footer.xml
\skins\fm2011\panels\breadcrumbs.xml
[If you are using my Base Skins for FM2011 then the above xml files are already included in the panels folder so you don't have to extract them.]

Once you have extracted the xml files copy them into the panels folder for your skin.

Now open the footer.xml file and locate these lines:
<!-- coloured bar image
<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer/bar" height="18">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>
</widget>-->

And replace them with this code:
<!-- coloured bar image -->
<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer/bar" height="25" rthr="68">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<!-- set the colour of the image to the team background colour -->
<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="tbcl" set_property="colr"/>
</widget>
The colour coding is controlled by two bits of code:

The rthr="68" code on the top line controls how light or dark to make the graphic - increasing the value will make the footer graphic darker, whilst lowering it will make the graphic lighter, 68 is the default value.

The bottom line tells the game where to get the colour from and is set with the get_property flag and it has two common values:
tbcl - tells it to use the clubs main colour - the colour that appears on the titlebar background (for example for Norwich City this is Yellow).
ttcl - tells it to use the clubs second colour - the colour that the text in the titlebar appears (for example for Norwich City this is Green).

After you have made the above changes, save the file.

Before we go any further it is a good idea to load the game and see what it looks like (if you have the skin cache on you'll need to turn it off and refresh your skin to see the changes) - if you are happy with now the footer graphic appears you can miss this next bit out and go down to the bit apart recolouring the text in the breadcrumbs menu, if you are not happy with how the footer looks then you will need to create some new footer graphics (for example the default footer graphics are fairly transparent, so a coloured footer doesn't show very well.)