Che Guevara

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
Executed 44 years ago yesterday.

Just wondering what people thing about him?
Was he just a nobody whos image has been hijacked to make him into a clut hero?
Was he evil because he helped the Castro brothers control Cuba?
Was he a hero that saved people from poverty?
Was he a delusional **** that thought he was doing the right thing but ultimately wasnt?
Was he a man that just liked fighting?

Due to the majority of the forum being right wing im expecting the majority to be critical of him but it should be a decent discussion.

Im pretty bored.

*eagerly anticipates Joel's reply*

He was a mass murderer, but he made for a nice picture. Never got the hype about him tbh.

I actual support what he did. The conditions in Cuba were not good during Batista's reign and although they are still not that good in Cuba they have improved since then. And i believe that Che did not intent for Cuba to become what it has. I think he set himself the goal of helping people fight against corrupt Leaders and did not intent to create one in Cuba.

He was a man who stood up to fight for what he believed was right. I do agree with his ideals, thus in my eyes he is a hero, but my opinion will of course be different than that of most.

Always find Che Guevara interesting because at the time, Western Media absolutely portrayed him as villain but then again, he was a communist and Western Governments are capitalist states. I'm not a believer in communism, don't get me wrong I love the idea but it could never really work but I do admire Che Guevara. He was fighting for communism yes but I believe he was doing it more for the greater good, he recognised the oppressive governments of Cuba and South America and wanted to free the people of ignorance, poverty and hardship.

I highly recommend people watch the film Che if they don't know much about him.

He was a man who stood up to fight for what he believed was right. I do agree with his ideals, thus in my eyes he is a hero, but my opinion will of course be different than that of most.

Hmm. He's a hero for killing thousands in SS-style executions in Bolivia? Niiiiiice.

Legend. I'm hoping one day we'll have Che in our country.

Hmm. He's a hero for killing thousands in SS-style executions in Bolivia? Niiiiiice.

Not only is that often exaggerated (I'm not denying it, but it's often blown out of proportion), but it was done by both sides. It had happened before, both in Cuba and Angola, and in his own words, it wasn't 'only a necessity of the people, but often an imposition by the people'.

I thought Che didn't even make it out of the wilderness during his time in Bolivia.

He fought the Bolivian Army with like 50 men?

He was put in charge of the execution of war criminals when they won in Cuba though.

Not only is that often exaggerated (I'm not denying it, but it's often blown out of proportion), but it was done by both sides. It had happened before, both in Cuba and Angola, and in his own words, it wasn't 'only a necessity of the people, but often an imposition by the people'.

Hardly exaggerated. The Western media overblew the battles, but they hardly reported Guevara's murdering.

Just because the other side did it doesn't make it okay. I apologise for breaking Godwin's law, but the Nazis killed hundreds upon thousands of innocents in cold blood. If the Allies had done the same, would that be okay?

I thought Che didn't even make it out of the wilderness during his time in Bolivia.

He fought the Bolivian Army with like 50 men?

He was put in charge of the execution of war criminals when they won in Cuba though.

He fought the Bolivian army with 50 men, which is plenty enough to round up all those who didn't agree with him and kill them mercilessly.

You're certainly right about the executions in Cuba too, lest we forget. Almost certainly murdered even more in Cuba.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

The allies did do the same.

In collateral damage, perhaps. They didn't set out to enact the Holocaust like the Nazis did, but that's off topic.

Also, many just remember him for his armed campaigns, but he did plenty more than that. He turned Cuba into one of the countries with the highest literacy rate in the world, and guaranteed equal opportunities to everyone who wanted to go to university. He was also a doctor and as such often provided medical aid himself.

He fought the Bolivian army with 50 men, which is plenty enough to round up all those who didn't agree with him and kill them mercilessly.

You're certainly right about the executions in Cuba too, lest we forget. Almost certainly murdered even more in Cuba.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

In collateral damage, perhaps. They didn't set out to enact the Holocaust like the Nazis did, but that's off topic.

NATO killed over 100 people 12 year ago when they bombarded Serbia. They all were civilians and they were protesting on the bridge against NATO and America. Is NATO also good ?

Also, many just remember him for his armed campaigns, but he did plenty more than that. He turned Cuba into one of the countries with the highest literacy rate in the world, and guaranteed equal opportunities to everyone who wanted to go to university. He was also a doctor and as such often provided medical aid himself.

Certainly not denying it. I think he did more good than he did bad tbh, but this kind of weird idolatry of him irks me slightly.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

NATO killed over 100 people 12 year ago when they bombarded Serbia. They all were civilians and they were protesting on the bridge against NATO and America. Is NATO also good ?

That was a tragedy. Whatever NATO's motives, that was one of the worst co-ordinated and planned air assaults in history. In that case, NATO were bad.

Hardly exaggerated. The Western media overblew the battles, but they hardly reported Guevara's murdering.

Just because the other side did it doesn't make it okay. I apologise for breaking Godwin's law, but the Nazis killed hundreds upon thousands of innocents in cold blood. If the Allies had done the same, would that be okay?

Oh but they did report pretty much everything. Even in Argentina he was seen as the villain for ages. And his executions were often carried out in accordance with the 'Ley de la Sierra' - basically grave offences were punishable by death - which also applied to revolutionaries breaking the law. How many allied war criminals were tried after the second world war?

And GC - Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not collateral damage, and I'm pretty sure that killed a lot more than most Marxist revolutionaries put together.

What about Libya GC ? Also tragedy ? And what about George Washington ? Did you know that he owned slaves ( I think this is grammatically correct) ? World is ****** up, Che had dream, he did some things ( bad things, I'll agree), but his goal was to help his people. What he didn't know that he will inspire people all over the world. For me, he is inspiration. Hopefully, we'll see Armageddon soon.

Oh but they did report pretty much everything. Even in Argentina he was seen as the villain for ages. And his executions were often carried out in accordance with the 'Ley de la Sierra' - basically grave offences were punishable by death - which also applied to revolutionaries breaking the law. How many allied war criminals were tried after the second world war?

And GC - Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not collateral damage, and I'm pretty sure that killed a lot more than most Marxist revolutionaries put together.

In which case, South American media was a lot fairer and better updated than ours. Understandable, I suppose, given the proximity.

His executions were often carried out without trial. Without his ideology and his work for good in Cuba, Guevara would've been little more than another serial killer.

Of course they were collateral damage. The primary aim wasn't to kill lots and lots of Japanese, it was to get Japan to surrender, admittedly through the process of killing lots of Japanese. Moreover, it's almost certain those bombs saved many more lives than they killed. Japan wouldn't ever have given up unless they were exposed to the sheer power of the atomic bomb.

What about Libya GC ? Also tragedy ? And what about George Washington ? Did you know that he owned slaves ( I think this is grammatically correct) ? World is ****** up, Che had dream, he did some things ( bad things, I'll agree), but his goal was to help his people. What he didn't know that he will inspire people all over the world. For me, he is inspiration. Hopefully, we'll see Armageddon soon.

I'd rather see no more people die. I guess it won't happen, but I'd like to see a change that isn't brought upon us by violence, for once in our lives. I would fight if I have to, make no mistake, but I live in a country that has had enough of bloodshed and opression, and I like to think we've learned from our past mistakes.