Do you ever buy players for sentimental reasons?

Anthony

Slide to unlock
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys bring players into your teams for pure sentimental reasons?

Just asking because I started a new save with Manchester United (first one in years. I only ever start saves in low divisions) and brought in Jonathan Walters to see how He would do at United.

I like Him as a player and human being, so I thought... "**** it" and brought him in on the cheap.
It's only early in the season and I've played him as an inside forward on both the right and left side of midfield in a 4-2-3-1 formation and He has started well enough.

View attachment 207660

So... Do you ever buy players with below average stats, simply because you like them?
How did they do at your club?

Yep. when the money builds up, ive even signed players just to help my feeder teams out..

I used to

A few years ago now, I used to sign Beckham ,Bergkamp, Del Piero all the old marquee type players if they had drifted down the divisions. Problem was their wages...still demanding top dollar and trading on old records. Mainly as backups but depending on the division alot of them found some of their old form :) Must admit..haven't done it for a while though. Looks like Walters is killing it for you..hope he can keep it up.