Chelsea target Gianfranco Zola as a coach

cfc12345

Reaction score
Gianfranco-Zola-001.jpg

Chelsea want Gianfranco Zola to become a coach at Stamford Bridge, according to Sky Sports News sources.
Chelsea
spacer.gif
are six points behind Premier League leaders Manchester Utd, with two games to go after their 2-1 defeat at Old Traffordon Sunday.

Sources say there is no suggestion the former West Ham manager is being lined up to replace manager Carlo Ancelotti and discussions will focus on a coaching role at the club where he scored 80 goals in 312 games.
Zola is not yet believed to have been contacted by Chelsea and a club spokesman said the club would not comment on "speculation".

source: Chelsea target coach Zola | Chelsea News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Would he really want to be a coach after having a taste of management? I guess only he knows.

probably going to try and mould him for the Manager's position in a year or two while working closely with Carlo or the new Manager they bring in... dont think he would add anything to Chelsea as a manager, but I am certain he will be a great coach, loved by all

FUCKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS please Roman do this for uss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

This means either one of 2 things.

1. He is coming in to assist Carlo and work close with the first team.
2. He is coming in to soften the blow of Roman sacking Carlo.

I think and hope its senario 1.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

probably going to try and mould him for the Manager's position in a year or two while working closely with Carlo or the new Manager they bring in... dont think he would add anything to Chelsea as a manager, but I am certain he will be a great coach, loved by all

I think he regrets jumping staight into management at the highest level, he needs to be taught and like you say he will learn under Carlo and may be ready in a few years time.

Maybe he's coming in to do what Wilkins used to do. He's Italian (Wilkins played in Italy) and knows good English. Also loved by all the fans and knows Stamford Bridge like the back of his hand.

Don't think anyone in the World could be a better replacement for Wilkins personally. Also, it may be that Roman is going to give Ancelotti a little while next season and if it flops and he sacks him - they already have another man with managerial experience who can takeover and bring a buzz to the place in the same way Dalglish did at Liverpool this season...