@dmf180593
Reaction score

View attachment 161629 View attachment 161630
View attachment 161632 View attachment 161631

Chelsea vs Manchester United
UEFA Champions League - Quarter Final
1st Leg: Stamford Bridge, London - ITV 1 - 19:45GMT
2nd Leg: Old Trafford, Manchester - Sky Sports 1 - 19:45GMT

English Champions Chelsea take on Premier League leaders Manchester United in the Champions League Quarter Final clash as both sides look to make it to the final in May at Wembley Stadium.

These two sides last met in the Champions League in 2008, in the final in Moscow - where Manchester United came out on top on penalties after goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Frank Lampard meant the sides couldn't be seperated. Ronaldo missed a penalty in the shootout, giving Chelsea the chance to win it, however captain John Terry slipped and missed, allowing Giggs to score his penalty and Nicolas Anelka to miss the decisive penalty which gave Manchester United their 3rd triumph in Europe's Elite competition.

Chelsea

Chelsea have no fresh injury worries ahead of the first leg time at Stamford Bridge, but will be looking to bounce back from their disappointing 1-1 draw at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday, which effectively ended their title hopes for this season. Didier Drogba is expected to be left on the bench against Manchester United, meaning a return to the fold for £50M striker Fernando Torres, who is yet to score for Chelsea since his January move from Liverpool.

Predicted Line Up
Cech
Bosingwa Ivanovic Terry Cole
Essien
Ramires Lampard
Anelka --------------- Malouda
Torres

Manchester United

League leaders Manchester United hope to have no new injuries ahead of the game at Stamford Bridge, as they're already down to the bare bones in defence. With Rafael, John O'Shea, Rio Ferdinand and Jonny Evans all injured Fabio is expected to start at right back, with Chris Smalling continuing his impressive debut season at the heart of the defence with captain Nemanja Vidic. Wayne Rooney is almost a certainty to start after his hat-trick heroics at the weekend.

Predicted Line Up:
Van Der Sar
Fabio Smalling Vidic Evra
Carrick
Scholes Fletcher
Valencia --------------- Nani
Rooney

DMF's Prediction
Chelsea 1-1 Manchester United

Last edited:
Reckon it will be a good game, united to nick it 2-1 - Torres - Rooney x2

would quite happily take a score draw here, as long as we take at least one goal back to Old Trafford I can see us winning the tie, 2-1 defeat again wouldn't even be the end of the world.

1-1 my prediction would be, Rooney to open the scoring and Lampard to ****** one in the second half back.

Luiz is not eligible for champions league..

Hope we get a scored draw at least..

Just like to add that I'm going to this game - felt like bragging (A)

Completely forgot that Luiz is ineligible, thanks for the reminder. Edited it accordingly.

Looking forward to this match And I am very confident of a result, as long as we score we have a good chance of going through.

Chelsea 1-2 Manchester United

Torres, Nani, Rooney

be like a home game for most united fans..

how original.

Am glad Luiz is not allowed to play this time round, he has hit the ground running and in my opinion would have had a bigger effect on the game then Torres will have.

can see a draw this game with Utd getting an away goal. So annoyed Luiz is ineligible his been fantastic since joining :(

alex is fit so wouldn't be surprised if we went

cech
ivanovic-alex-terry-cole
obi mikel
essien -- lampard
anelka- torres - malouda

obi mikel because i think ancelotti will want to keep a clean sheet and free up the space for essien to bomb on, wouldn't be surprised if park ji sung starts in a 4-3-3

prediction 1-0 chelsea anelka

Looking forward to this. It was a decent game when they met in the league a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's a nice open game again.

alex is fit so wouldn't be surprised if we went

cech
ivanovic-alex-terry-cole
obi mikel
essien -- lampard
anelka- torres - malouda

obi mikel because i think ancelotti will want to keep a clean sheet and free up the space for essien to bomb on, wouldn't be surprised if park ji sung starts in a 4-3-3

prediction 1-0 chelsea anelka

I don't think alex will be fit for it. Heard on chelseatv that hes still in special training and will hopefully be fit for the away leg.

Yeah he's out of the game for definite.

Shame, Ivanovic at centre back with JT then. Who do you reckon will play right back? Bosingwa has been a bit dodgy lately but i never feel safe with ferreira at right back .

When the draw came out i believed Chelsea fans were more happy with the draw than Utd fans and rightfully so. Although Luiz has been immense their has been times where he has been slopy and one of them times was for Rooney's goal int he PL fixture a few weeks ago. For me he should have got alot tighter to Rooney and gave him way too much space although it was an excellent strike and Luiz made up for it later on. Chelsea will play Ivanovic alongside Terry and Bosingwa at fullback as Alex is still recovering but will be back in the squad in a week or so which will be huge going into the 2nd leg. At home i feel we will edge the game winning 1-0 and yes you guessed it im predicting Torres to bag his first goal in blue. Saw a stat today that Torres has scored in all 3 of his CL ties vs English sides and he normally plays well against Utd too so i think that will stand him in good sted.

I will leave my 2nd leg opinions when the game nears.

UTC!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.