Chris Hughton Appointed Birmingham City Manager

BeadSTARR

Reaction score
Fantastic signing by our board.

Was always out of him and Di Matteo. Glad to see the board listening to the fans, as the majority wanted Houghton as manager. Now we can look forward, and forget the Mcleish to Villa parade, and look to push for promotion.

Press conference scheduled for tomorrow or no time has been confirmed.

Source: bcfc.com, Skysports.

Really over the moon with this signing. Things are starting to look up.

KRO.

Thoughts?

Good manager, best signing for Birmingham. Should he get promoted he hopefully won't be sacked in 9th place a-la Newcastle too. ;)

Id say so too aswell, best signing Blues could have made really. Fingers crossed he gets us up the first time of asking, but with such little players and so many competitions going on this year, I could understand if we didn't. I think our board have got a bit more patience than Mike Ashley aha.

Great signing by Birmingham. Already proved his stuff in the Prem, and is more than capable of getting Birmingham back into the Premiership. As long as he's given time to rebuild the squad, he'll do the job. Now have an excellent, likeable manager, just need the right players now. Looking forward to seeing them back in the Prem within couple of seasons at most

Well done to him, was a farce he got sacked by Newcastle and deserves another chance. Hope they make the top flight again.

He's a very good coach, will be interesting to see what impact he has on potential transfers... If any?

Absolutely ecstatic with the appointment of Hughton, with our board being very unpredictable, rumours of unknown chinese coaches and managers that i personally dont value as good enough to take the helm at st andrews, this has been the one hopeful incident since may.

well done mr pannu, for once you have done the right thing.