belz

Reaction score
Sorry if this didn't deserve a thread of it's own, but it's kinda urgent.

Ok, appealing to the good people of FM-Base to help me out. This tactic got me to 4th place with Palermo twice in a row, and to the last stage of Champions League. Problem is, it's not working anymore. It concedes way too many goals, specially on the second half of the game. Winning 1-0 in the first half, lose 1-2 at the full time.

here are some screenies of team instructions:

5jxlq0.png

plus advanced settings:

1zp31tz.png

This is really ******* me off, cause the Board is considering sacking me after 3 years on charge, got them to Champions League, established a new record for table position, had several good results against the Big Italian sides. Plus, on the human side, I don't want any other manager messing around with the kids i nurtured.

By the way, here are the player roles:

GK - Goalkeeper
FBL/FBR - Full Back
DC - Central Defender, stopper
DC - Central Defender, cover
DMC - Anchor Man
MCL/MCR - Midfielder
AMC - Advanced Playmaker
STR - Poacher
STL - Target Man

Last edited:
Hmm... Well, your starting strategy is Attacking. Maybe try changing it to Standard once you go 1-0 up? Also, Rubinho's an alright 'keeper, but a better one might be in order for Champions League standard.

Hmm... Well, your starting strategy is Attacking. Maybe try changing it to Standard once you go 1-0 up? Also, Rubinho's an alright 'keeper, but a better one might be in order for Champions League standard.

Thanks for quick answer Cub, btw I have Silviu Lung Jr. on the bench, you reckon I should implement a high D-Line, offside trap and Sweeper Keeper with an attacking duty?

Have you checked Woifsong's team talk guide?

Actually Chaz I did, a brief look, though. Any links?

Thanks for quick answer Cub, btw I have Silviu Lung Jr. on the bench, you reckon I should implement a high D-Line, offside trap and Sweeper Keeper with an attacking duty?

By 2012, Lung must be better than Rubinho, so yeah I'd play him. That setup might work, you need to be aware that Sakho and Kryvtsov aren't the fastest though.

Combined Woifsong's team talk with the high D-Line, Sweeper keeper and just beat Inter 4-3 Away.

IF the problems stop, won't bother anymore, but i'll keep you updated if anything goes wrong.