Clough Tactics FORMATION MEGAPACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Woody

Reaction score
After the success of my original Brian Clough Tactics which was a standard 4-4-2 ive decided to adapt them in 11 other formations for people who would like to use them but don't like the good old 4-4-2 or simply don't have the players to play that formation.Team Instructions are the same for all the Formation Variants and the player instructions have been tweaked to accommodate the new systems.Ive only tested the 4-2-3-1 variant which was successful over a 10 game test winning 7 drawing 3 and losing 1.I'm confident all the formations will work as well as the original tactics with the right players and time for your team to Gel.

The Formations ive adapted are:

The Diamond (similar to the 4-1-2-1-2 but wider)
4-1-2-1-2
4-1-3-2
4-2-2-2 (2 DMs and 2 CMs in the style of alot of Brazilian teams)
4-2-3-1
4-2-4
4-3-1-2
4-3-2-1
4-3-3 (old fashioned style with 3 strikers)
4-3-3 Barca (2 wingers and 1 striker)
5-3-2 (wing backs)

And the Pack also includes:
4-4-2 (the original 4-4-2 V1)

I hope ive covered most tactics you would like to use,if not and you cant adapt them yourself please ask and ill be happy to make them for you.Cheers,JP.

Last edited:
Well done mate, i hope my soon to be released tactics will have the same/greater success

Hey JP, quality to see your making different formations of your tactic, I look forward to using them with my Q.P.R side :) I'll try and find out any problems with them but there probably won't be any major stuff :)

Do they work with all team ????

or is there surten one's tht work with teams

Do they work with all team ????

or is there surten one's tht work with teams
Im not sure,ill try them out on all several thousand playable teams and let you know dc.lol

Seriously they should work for any team now because there is a formation to suite almost any squad.

Being a fan of old cloughies tactics i'll give em a try Thank you for sharing your hard work :)

hi only played 1 game with it im using 4-2-4 was really im pressed yeah it was only a friendly but ive never had this amount a shoots v liverpool only if had beta strikers

I downloaded this pack a few days ago, and I restarted up my game with my local club in the Irish First Division today. I used the 4-3-3 Barca Style tactic, I pushed the defensive line up a bit more and experimented with target men, which I eventually didn't use at all, and I have to say, it works amazingly well. We are playing some beautiful football and putting goals in left, right and center.

54 goals in 30 matches. My center foward has 29 goals in 29 games!

I like these a lot, I have took my time to try them out with my West Ham side, and every single one of them works well, I continuely kept swapping tactics with my West Ham team and I wasn't sure if it would cause problems with them not being able to get use to a formation etc, but it worked great and I finished 7th in my first season :) Although I did try and change the 4-2-4 so it also had a ACM, and just the one CM, but it didn't seem to work, so it would be good if you could find a bit of time to try that out, also a 4-4-1-1 would be great for away games against teams who are hard to beat away, and mostly the big four :) Cheers.

I'm using the original Brian Clough tactic however made them more wide players. Using the wings more often which has benefited with Blackpool as my regen Striker is extremely tall his heading is 17 and strength 19. So very good in the air.

these tactics look really good. If I start a new game i will try them but im happy with my own tactic for now with Crawley.

I wasnt able to get them to work on my computer. Could any1 tell me how this could be?

Anyone want me to try a tactic out for them. I've got like a spare season where the owner expects me to get relegated so I'll have a mess around second half of season with underdog team.

Status
Not open for further replies.