CM Punk insults Vince McMahon & the entire WWE Universe in shoot promo

sat10

Reaction score
For all those who thought WWE was too kiddish or didn't like it because it was scripted...well here's what happens when its unscripted...CM Punk, who will leave the company on July 17th, just shot what is called a shoot (unscripted) promo, where he insulted the whole company and viewers for never giving him the true credit for what he is....the best wrestler...Enjoy...

[video=youtube;2OS9wZGb_3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2OS9wZGb_3g#at=371[/video]

This resulted in his suspension from the WWE and also his profile getting taken down from the official website

EDIT: Excerpts from next week's Raw on the developments of this issue:
Vince McMahon comes out and he says that CM Punk deserved his suspension and he talks about how Punk wanted too much money for his new contract. Vince says that he is standing by his decision to suspend Punk.

John Cena comes out and he says that Vince loves freedom of speech and he still wants to face CM Punk. Cena says that if Vince doesn’t feel like fighting then he should hang it up.

Vince says that he really suspended Punk because he doesn’t want Punk to leave with the title. Cena made fun of Vince being afraid to let Punk wrestle. Cena talks about the match and then Vince tells Cena not to **** him off and not to be like Hogan.

Cena tells Vince to give the people what they want. Vince says that he doesn’t give a **** what the people want. Cena gives Vince a speech and then gives Vince the WWE Championship and walks out.

Vince tells Cena to wait and he meets him on the ramp. Vince says that CM Punk is reinstated and Cena has his match at Money in the Bank with CM Punk. Vince tells Cena that if Punk walks out of Chicago with the title then John Cena is fired.

source: pwinsider.com

Why C.M. Punk's promo was brilliant on multiple levels, yet can the follow-up live up to expectations?

Last edited:
Woah , never expected one of those on PG! All he speaks is truth though, and then they cut him off, Even Vince Mcmahon should know if he kept him on it would = more ratings.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Chances are it wasn't a shoot, the announcers would have said something or they would of cut him off a long time ago.

Yeah, I know it was probably a worked shoot, but I think Punk was allowed to say whatever he wanted...and he said a lot of things that were needed to be said for a very long time now...like insulting Triple H, Cena, Rock etc for being up there in the company just because they are Vince's chums..

Anyways, just to prove that it was a worked shoot, here's what happens on next week's Raw which was being shot today...

Vince McMahon comes out and he says that CM Punk deserved his suspension and he talks about how Punk wanted too much money for his new contract. Vince says that he is standing by his decision to suspend Punk.

John Cena comes out and he says that Vince loves freedom of speech and he still wants to face CM Punk. Cena says that if Vince doesn’t feel like fighting then he should hang it up.

Vince says that he really suspended Punk because he doesn’t want Punk to leave with the title. Cena made fun of Vince being afraid to let Punk wrestle. Cena talks about the match and then Vince tells Cena not to **** him off and not to be like Hogan.

Cena tells Vince to give the people what they want. Vince says that he doesn’t give a **** what the people want. Cena gives Vince a speech and then gives Vince the WWE Championship and walks out.

Vince tells Cena to wait and he meets him on the ramp. Vince says that CM Punk is reinstated and Cena has his match at Money in the Bank with CM Punk. Vince tells Cena that if Punk walks out of Chicago with the title then John Cena is fired.

source: pwinsider.com

Last edited:
the more i watch it though, the more suspicious i get that it was all in fact, scripted...because i remember reading like a week back how Punk is leaving for exactly all the reasons he talked about today...I think it was leaked by WWE itself to create a buzz in the internet wrestling community (IWC), as a prelude to Punk's performance today..so in the end its just Vince McMahon (who is known to hate the IWC) playing with all these people...

Of course it was planned. The way the John Cena lay in the ring doing nothing. The way that the right cameras were chosen for CM Punk to look at. The way that it was cut off after all of what he needed to say was said. I don't want CM to leave, as much as he's a **** in character, he's a very good wrestler.

Yeah, I know what you mean...but since John Cena was till supposed to work his part...he was still going along with the act...and CM Punk was supposed to shoot a promo anyways talking about how he would beat Cena and stuff..so that explains the cameras..but yeah if it was indeed a shoot, they would probably cut him off long before that...or atleast the live tv feed....and the rest of the speech could get leaked or appear shot from a 'fan's' phone or something..that would actually even look the whole thing look more authentic for WWE to sell as a shoot...

Anyways, fake or not...this was one **** of a promo..atleast the best I've seen ever..so i think it was worth sharing :p

I can never watch wrestling anymore. The WWE Universe??? WTF??!! When they start calling them 'fans' again i know it'll be good again and i can start watching it. Ever since this whole 'Universe' thing came in its been a BIG downward spiral. Coincidence? I think not.

TNA - the way wrestling should be and how WWE used to be. They have FANS

I can never watch wrestling anymore. The WWE Universe??? WTF??!! When they start calling them 'fans' again i know it'll be good again and i can start watching it. Ever since this whole 'Universe' thing came in its been a BIG downward spiral. Coincidence? I think not.

haha! mate, if you want to watch wrestling , TNA is definitely NOT the program to watch..And not because I'm a hater or something, but they just look at the WWE's criticisms, and try to do the opposite of those..

I think the biggest 'Pro Wrestling' show left in the USA has to be Ring of Honor, that Punk mentioned today, and has produced most of the guys who can actually wrestle nowadays, like Punk himself, AJ Styles, Evan Bourne, Daniel Bryan etc...it just didnt have the money to compete with the top two...but they got recently taken over by some rich dudes..so got my fingers crossed for that one...

Yeah like 10 of em.
Wwe isn't what it used to be but its still better than the other show(TNA) in terms of production value, better actors, better worked out spots etc. Whenever I watch TNA theres always a match that is only leading to spot after spot and the wrestlers don't know how to sell injuries.

This worked shoot is exacly what WWE needs after their last PPV bombed big time. This captures audiences who haven't been watching wrestling but have been keeping tabs on whats happening.

Not gonna lie. Best promo I have seen in YEARS. Hands down to CM Punk! I don't care if its in the script or not but that has made me excited about WWE again.

CM Punk did what he said in that promo, he is the best on the mic!

Dude TNA has fans? The only people that turn up to the shows are people in the theme park who want to be occupied for two hours. Everyone are plants in the front row. Also I have seen TNA it's okay. They are just living off the past, re-creating the NWO, they actually did do that outright now they have Immortal led by who ... Bischoff. They are living of past stars Sting, Bischoff, Foley, Hogan etc at least the WWE are bringing in new superstars, The Miz, Alberto del Rio, Sin Cara, Sheamus, Randy Orton, John Cena. Also Wrestling does not matter in TNA, I was watching it s few weeks back and there was a fifteen minute video promo on why Kurt Angle and RVD are the worlds best wrestlers. I'm not saying WWE is great but it's better than TNA.

TNA = Trying to rip of WCW with theme park fans.

Exactly, thats why i really want ROH to come up and give at least some competition to WWE..altho i've never watched it before.. Heard their last PPV which was last weekend i think was really awesome..might try to get hold of that..

any program that can have a wrestler called Curry Man who wrestles with a plate of imitation curry on his head wins the day for me

Dont get me wrong, I dont watch TNA a lot at all, but having ridiculously bad actors and ridiculous story lines is what makes it more entertaining to watch.

And by me saying they have fans, i didnt mean that they have a lot of fans or that the people who go to watch it arnt social ******. I was more refering to the fact that the people that go to watch it are refered to as 'fans' instead of some ridiculous term like 'The WWE Universe'. I mean really, what the smoked kipper is that all about??

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

And ive never seen that other wrestling thing that i cant remember the name of

lol, thats where WWE went wrong right?! with their sport entertainment, calling them superstars and divas instead of wrestlers, PG rated content, WWE Universe ****...

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

and now with this storyline, as always, Cena will come out as the hero yet again...i dunno why they don't get that giving him win after win is not working at all..and he needs a heel turn real bad to freshen his character

just put a mask back on kane and call them fans and ill be happy to watch again

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

im off to watch Raw in Liverpool in Novemeber so lets see if i can have a word with Vince about this whole Universe debacle. i might make a sign requesting that I am refered to as a fan. something short and to the point like "FAN" with an arrow pointing down. maybe with an added 'Universe is a term used to define the totality everything that exists whereas I am a FAN!' just so they get the point

South Park got it totally right when they said WWE is more about talking **** than it is actually wrestling, surprised CM Punk didn't start using the old 'I'm addicted to abortions' line.

I'm sorry but if anybody got excited by that video then they must be either mentally retarded, or 12 years old.

WWE deletes Punks facebook page and have suspended him..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WWE deletes Punks facebook page and have suspended him..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Its all part of the storyline mate...

and Andy, it created so much buzz all around just because people want WWE to stop making shows only fit for mentally retarded people or 12 year olds, and get some actual pro wrestling (back) in